Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I still think BOB is radioactive.  At least for Bears in any role.

McDaniels probably is too.

Flores probably is too.   

They don't want eccentric or controversial people.   A Ditka or Buddy Ryan type is not getting hired by these guys.

They like the Pace and Nagy personalities.   If they could keep them without all the criticism they would.

That's why the GM needs top have the final decision about who is his HC. Let George and Ted hide somewhere while the GM picks his HC and deals with the potential headaches. 

Dodds could handle McDaniels, Harbaugh, or Flores IMO. They need a strong leader to balance them, get a coward like Pace or Emery and they would walk all over them. 

25 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

The Seahawks look like they are moving to a 3-4 with some of the guys they are interested in...Desai would be smart to hang around and see who the new hire here is first...that said the chances are it will be a defensive guy at this point.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/17/brian-flores-brian-daboll-new-york-giants-head-coaching-shortlist/

The next general manager of the Giants might be the most important voice in the room when the team begins its search for a new head coach, especially if John Mara holds true to his promise that the next GM will have “the flexibility to bring in the head coach that he wants.”

But that doesn’t mean the Giants don’t already have a short list. And former Dolphins coach Brian Flores and Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll seem to be at the top.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

27m

The #Raiders will conduct interviews later week to fill their vacant GM job. #Patriots de facto GM Dave Ziegler, who keyed the team’s thorough rebuild through FA and the draft, will do his Friday. #Bears Assistant Director of Player Personnel Champ Kelly interviews on Thursday.

Would love Kelly to get the job in LV.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

27m

The #Raiders will conduct interviews later week to fill their vacant GM job. #Patriots de facto GM Dave Ziegler, who keyed the team’s thorough rebuild through FA and the draft, will do his Friday. #Bears Assistant Director of Player Personnel Champ Kelly interviews on Thursday.

Would love Kelly to get the job in LV.

Champ getting hired as GM in LV would bet us two 3rd round picks as well, correct? 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/17/brian-flores-brian-daboll-new-york-giants-head-coaching-shortlist/

The next general manager of the Giants might be the most important voice in the room when the team begins its search for a new head coach, especially if John Mara holds true to his promise that the next GM will have “the flexibility to bring in the head coach that he wants.”

But that doesn’t mean the Giants don’t already have a short list. And former Dolphins coach Brian Flores and Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll seem to be at the top.

Damn ...the Giants may just beat out Bears for Shoen and/or Daboll

It will be interesting to see if Bears move with any sense of urgency now. If they don't request another interview with Schoen and he's hired by Giants then it probably means they were never serious about him anyway

Looks like Eberflus is getting a second interview with Jax as well...and I assume he's a top candidate for us due to his Colts connections and strong reputation around the NFL. He seems like the strong leader type of coach Bears are looking for.

That being said I'd like Bears to at least have a GM in place soon

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Damn ...the Giants may just beat out Bears for Shoen and/or Daboll

It will be interesting to see if Bears move with any sense of urgency now. If they don't request another interview with Schoen and he's hired by Giants then it probably means they were never serious about him anyway

Looks like Eberflus is getting a second interview with Jax as well...and I assume he's a top candidate for us due to his Colts connections and strong reputation around the NFL. He seems like the strong leader type of coach Bears are looking for.

That being said I'd like Bears to at least have a GM in place soon

The combination of Schoen/Daboll & Dodds/Eberflus are my top 2 by a distance right now...if not those two it starts getting a bit dicey for connections...no one wants McKenzie/Flores do they?

Daniel Greenberg

@ChiSportUpdates

34m

The Chicago Bears have had a brief phone conversation with Jim Harbaugh. (Via 

@Hub_Arkush

on NBC Sports Chicago The Rush)

Both sources give me zero faith and the fact it was brief probably says it's a non starter.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Daniel Greenberg

@ChiSportUpdates

34m

@Hub_Arkush

Both sources give me zero faith and the fact it was brief probably says it's a non starter.

Since Hub Arkush said it’s not happening, then we might as well start buying some khaki pants now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Daniel Greenberg

@ChiSportUpdates

34m

@Hub_Arkush

Assuming it’s true (which is just that, an assumption), even if it’s a no I respect the diligence in gauging interest.