Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

1h

#Saints coach Sean Payton has not committed to returning to New Orleans for 2022. And many close to him don’t know what he’ll do.

Could the dream still be alive? Worth a call...in saying that I think Jerry might open the chequebook down in Dallas if he does want to leave.

It sounds like it's either New Orleans or a tv job

59 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

1h

#Saints coach Sean Payton has not committed to returning to New Orleans for 2022. And many close to him don’t know what he’ll do.

Could the dream still be alive? Worth a call...in saying that I think Jerry might open the chequebook down in Dallas if he does want to leave.

I still don’t think we can trade for a HC, and if he doesn’t come resign from his current role in the next 72 hours or so I don’t see how we can wait on him. 

Omar Khan, Pittsburgh Steelers' VP and top negotiator, interviews for Chicago Bears' general manager vacancy Monday, per league source. Khan and Steelers pro scouting coordinator Brandon Hunt are the top internal candidates to replace retiring Steelers GM Kevin Colbert

Maybe Khan hasn't been told he isn't getting the Pitt top job...what a better way to leverage your current employer than to be wanted by another?
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah...don't see how this isn't him leaving New Orleans for a cushy TV gig.

I wonder if he'd really be any good at that? Not that that would preclude someone from hiring him...but he generally had a Belichick-like "less is more" approach to the press. He's never struck me as much of a warm guy, either. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I wonder if he'd really be any good at that? Not that that would preclude someone from hiring him...but he generally had a Belichick-like "less is more" approach to the press. He's never struck me as much of a warm guy, either. 

I mean, they keep letting Troy Aikman work.

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, they keep letting Troy Aikman work.

Oh, you meant maybe Payton could be a color guy. That might work. I was picturing him having an in-studio job, for some unknown reason.