Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

· 7m

The #Bears are set to request 2nd interviews with 2 more candidates -- #Cowboys DC Dan Quinn & ex-#Lions coach Jim Caldwell, per me and @MikeGarafolo. #Colts DC Matt Eberflus has his 2nd interview on Wednesday, per @TomPelissero. #Saints DC Dennis Allen is interviewing tomorrow.

Jim Caldwell just screams John Fox. 

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL

21m

Jacksonville Jaguars expected to meet with Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich for second interview on Tuesday, according to a league source

Moves starting to fall into place IMO...I reckon Leftwich gets that job.

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

7m

Remember, those three second interviews are specifically requested by the 5-person committee. A new GM will likely add to that list. (But Ryan Poles is very pro-Quinn.)

This is very interesting if true...wonder where that link is?

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL

2m

What I've basically come to terms with is that I'm very likely going to love the GM hire, while simultaneously strongly disliking their HC hire (unless it's Eberflus). It is what it is at this point. #Bears

Unless Brown somehow completely blows the interview I still don't see how it won't be him and Eberflus.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

7m

Remember, those three second interviews are specifically requested by the 5-person committee. A new GM will likely add to that list. (But Ryan Poles is very pro-Quinn.)

This is very interesting if true...wonder where that link is?

DaBearsBlog

@dabearsblog

3m

Is Dan Quinn exciting? No. But he’s wowed in his interviews at multiple locations. He’s coming prepared with what’s reportedly a killer staff. And he’s got brilliant answers to the “what will you do differently this time around” questions.

Again very interesting if true...I think Quinn got a bit of a raw deal in Atlanta...that said he also benefited greatly from having Kyle Shanahan and when he left the whole thing started to fall apart...would love to know who all these guys could bring with them.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I have always felt Quinn is going to the Broncos...I think he is being used here to make our decision to then hire Eberflus look like he earned it even more over two guys with previous experience.

Hearing Hackett to Broncos so Quinn may be a legit candidate for us which would be fine by me because he has good offense coach  connections 

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Sounds like Quinn will be a finalist basically everywhere he interviews. 

I'm warming up to Quinn. The guy is a good coach and should have won a SB with Atlanta if not for Shanahan fumbling the offensive play calling in the 2nd half of that game 

And like I mentioned he has ties to a lot of talented offensive minds both in NFL and college

I'd feel much more comfortable with him vs a first timer like Eberflus if we go with a defensive mind at HC

Just now, topwop1 said:

I'm warming up to Quinn. The guy is a good coach and should have won a SB with Atlanta if not for Shanahan fumbling the offensive play calling in the 2nd half of that game 

And like I mentioned he has ties to a lot of talented offensive minds both in NFL and college

I'd feel much more comfortable with him vs a first timer like Eberflus if we go with a defensive mind at HC

I always think that can go both ways...yeah a 2nd time HC has more experience but they also have more scars and a reason why they didn't succeed 1st time round...some are better for it...some worse...

I think we just need to go with the guy we feel gives us the best chance of long term success on both sides of the ball.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I always think that can go both ways...yeah a 2nd time HC has more experience but they also have more scars and a reason why they didn't succeed 1st time round...some are better for it...some worse...

I think we just need to go with the guy we feel gives us the best chance of long term success on both sides of the ball.

Agreee but again a head coach is just as good as the staff and support he has around him. 

I think with any of these  finalists it'll be just as important who they plan to bring with them 

I reckon Quinn will have a much easier time assembling a solid staff vs a first time guy 

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Assuming Morocco Brown is the 2nd GM finalist it looks like it would either be Brown & Eberflus or Poles & Quinn...I would be happy with either.

I'd rather have Poles and Quinn. I imagine Poles gets the first chance tomorrow to lock down the job.