Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Bears to interview Colts director of scouting Morocco Brown. To be honest he wasn't on my radar but after reading up on him a bit he seems worthy of a look

Brown would be a solid hire but I am not sure why you pass up Dodds from the same organisation when he has had more says...

Only thing I can think is maybe Brown has an excellent HC candidate lined up and they come as a package. 

15 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Leslie Frazier being the first interview is a disappointing start but this should be a marathon and not a sprint...we should take our time and find the right candidate.

I think Frazier will probably end up interviewing with in all the open head coaching vacancies. But I never get caught up on the first guy. But hiring him for me would be nothing more than a Bears reunion. I'm not opposed to that but it has to be the right guy. Frazier was already a HC and wasn't good at it. 

I'm sure there will be 6-7 candidates for the HC position. I'm hoping they are a little bit quicker on the GM search however. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I think Frazier will probably end up interviewing with in all the open head coaching vacancies. But I never get caught up on the first guy. But hiring him for me would be nothing more than a Bears reunion. I'm not opposed to that but it has to be the right guy. Frazier was already a HC and wasn't good at it. 

I'm sure there will be 6-7 candidates for the HC position. I'm hoping they are a little bit quicker on the GM search however. 

Unless we are targeting a top top name at HC then I would expect us to have a GM in place before any serious interviews take place...for me those guys need to be on the same page from day one.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I am really hoping the likes of Pederson & Frazier and being interviewed first because we don't have massive interest and want a GM in place first.

As I've been saying Bears could do a lot worse than Dougie.

Are you saying you'd be opposed to a GM/HC combo of Rick Spielman and Doug Pederson?

Sign me up all day

• Like 1

Just now, topwop1 said:

As I've been saying Bears could do a lot worse than Dougie.

Are you saying you'd be opposed to a GM/HC combo of Rick Spielman and Doug Pederson?

Sign me up all day

Personally I would be...I think we need some fresh thinking in the front office as well as at HC...I would take a risk on guys without experience over the "9-8 or 8-9 seasons" these guys would deliver.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Personally I would be...I think we need some fresh thinking in the front office as well as at HC...I would take a risk on guys without experience over the "9-8 or 8-9 seasons" these guys would deliver.

For me it would depend on the strength of staffs these inexperienced guys would be able to deliver.

Based on what George said today of the primary focus for next HC being leadership we can probably rule out a guy like Kellen Moore. He seems too passive but that's just the way I see it

Just now, topwop1 said:

For me it would depend on the strength of staffs these inexperienced guys would be able to deliver.

Based on what George said today of the primary focus for next HC being leadership we can probably rule out a guy like Kellen Moore. He seems too passive but that's just the way I see it

I agree Moore is a guy who would need at least one if not two former HCs around him IMO...now if we could do that he is back on the table but would be tough.

Dan Wiederer

@danwiederer
· 10m
Calls and texts flowing in tonight about Bears jobs confirm what we presented last month: both these openings, despite some of the big questions about the organization, are considered primo. Candidate interest is very high.