Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

37 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Nagy thought he could create a carbon copy of the Chiefs offence...I don't believe Daboll is that dumb or so strongly linked to a scheme...I think he can create for the talent he has...much like he has in Buffalo

One can hope....???

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Nagy thought he could create a carbon copy of the Chiefs offence...I don't believe Daboll is that dumb or so strongly linked to a scheme...I think he can create for the talent he has...much like he has in Buffalo

Daboll created his offense. 

Nagy was trying to run a knock off version of his smarter friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dafreak said:

I don't disagree but it would still be a problem if he thinks he can run that offense with the 27th best offense...Nagy thought he could run the Chiefs offense here, personnel didn't allow for it. 

Nagy’s biggest problem personnel-wise was that he couldn’t figure out how to best use what he had. A QB who excels on the move and who needs time/experience to learn to speed up his internal clock being kept primarily stationary in the pocket being asked to make quick read throws. A versatile RB who is only used passively in the passing game. A ton of speed at WR that he had constantly catching the ball standing still. A Y TE miscast as a U. An average at best OL not helped out with screens, slants and drags. The inability to find a way to use Cordarelle Patterson’s unique skill set on offense at all. Those are personnel usage issues more than personnel issues. Hill, Kelce and Hardman would have been 60% of what they are in KC under Nagy’s regime.

I don’t think from a purely talent perspective we were the 27th best offense. We have a good RB, with what seems to be a really good RB2 in Herbert. We had 2 good WRs (one disinterested). Kmet underwhelms for his draft position but he’s a starter quality TE (his 60 catches was 11th amongst TEs this year) who can block and who would have had more RZ opportunities if they didn’t have to find somewhere to try to get something from Jimmy Graham. Our squad isn’t bereft of talent at the skill positions by any stretch. It lacks WR depth, and in 2021 the full version of Allen Robinson, but the cupboard isn’t bare. 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Daboll created his offense. 

Nagy was trying to run a knock off version of his smarter friends.

This is my biggest issue with Leftwich by comparison, and why I’m as high as I am on Daboll. I know Daboll’s scheme comes with him. I’m not as comfortable that what Leftwich will bring is his so much as that of Arians, or even Brady. Hackett is a non-starter for me because he seems to be GB’s version of what Nagy was to Reid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

This is my biggest issue with Leftwich by comparison, and why I’m as high as I am on Daboll. I know Daboll’s scheme comes with him. I’m not as comfortable that what Leftwich will bring is his so much as that of Arians, or even Brady. Hackett is a non-starter for me because he seems to be GB’s version of what Nagy was to Reid. 

One of Nagy's biggest issues was he could simply not make half time adjustments...offence was the exact same every quarter...Daboll's offence actually average more points per game in the 2nd half than the 1st...

8th in the NFL...13.2 PPG in the 1st half.

1st in the NFL...15.2 PPG in the 2nd half.

Nagy's offence last year...9.6 in the 1st half...8.6 in the 2nd.

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

On top of Flores on Friday...Hackett's interview has been confirmed for Saturday...Fraizer's for Sunday...

Flores is the only one of the three I have any interest in...the other two are my bottom two candidates.

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

21m

The #Bears are doing head coach interviews along with GM interviews, and #Colts DC Matt Eberflus will speak with Chicago brass on Monday for their vacant HC job, source said. One of the top defensive minds around.

Add Eberflus on Monday...the guy intrigues me a big for the way he has developed a lot of under the radar defensive players. 

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

27m

The #Bears will interview #Saints VP and assistant GM Jeff Ireland for their vacant GM job tomorrow, source said. A former #Bears ballboy for training camp in the 80s, he has a picture of Walter Payton on his desk. Ireland’s grandfather Jim Parmer, was a longtime Chicago scout.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

27m

The #Bears will interview #Saints VP and assistant GM Jeff Ireland for their vacant GM job tomorrow, source said. A former #Bears ballboy for training camp in the 80s, he has a picture of Walter Payton on his desk. Ireland’s grandfather Jim Parmer, was a longtime Chicago scout.

I just have a strong feeling it'll be him. He's been a GM before and knows the right things to say to the McCaskeys. 

• Like 1

@uSTADIUM

18m

#Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen “crushed” his interview with the #Giants yesterday, per source. This process is just starting but based on the excitement we heard, he might be the man to beat.

We need to try and get him to interview here quickly or he could take Daboll off the table as well.