Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Doing a little surface research on how much previous ties between a GM & HC candidates play in the hiring process. So far, I'm not finding a ton of overall correlation. While these GM/HC "packages" sound fun in theory, more often than not, it's not going to be the case. #Bears

Bingo. Agent ties seem to play a much larger role in GM/HC pairing than previous organizational ties. #Bears
Quote Tweet
@PleaseTalkToMe1
· 4h
Replying to @AaronLemingNFL
They've got a few Bob LaMonte clients on both fronts. Rick Smith, Joe Schoen, and Morocco Brown on one, Daboll, Pederson, Frazier on the other.

List of some of LaMonte's clients...

We have completed interviews with general manager candidate Ed Dodds and head coach candidate Matt Eberflus.
Edited by Madmike90

55 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Looks like the Raiders are going to be bold right off the bat...Bisaccia deserves that job.

It's funny that Mayock drafted IRL nothing like he drafted as an analyst.

Wonder how much of it was being a yes man to Gruden.

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I still don't get why they are interviewing GMs and HCs at same time.

Stupid.  

One should pick the other IMO.   It is a marriage and if they aren't on same page it isn't going to work.

I would let a great coach I was high on pick his own GM.  And f I love a GM, why am I picking his coach for him?  That is biggest decision a GM makes.  

Aren't I paying him to make that decision?

Just now, dll2000 said:

Stupid.  

One should pick the other IMO.   It is a marriage and if they aren't on same page it isn't going to work.

I would let a great coach I was high on pick his own GM.  And f I love a GM, why am I picking his coach for him?  That is biggest decision a GM makes.  

I think they are trying to figure out who should pick who…

The interesting conversation is going to be the distance between the best GM candidate and 2nd or 3rd best and the best HC candidate and the 2nd or 3rd best and how we then marry them up…so for example say we view Daboll as the best HC candidate but Schone as the 2nd best GM candidate…do we take that over Dodds as the best GM candidate and say Eberflus as the 2nd best HC candidate? It’s a tricky situation because there is no knock out HC candidate who everyone is after so everyone is taking their time and trying to figure out the best route to go.

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Stupid.  

They want to pick a GM first

From a George McCaskey standpoint, I knew he would love Cook. Used to work for the Packers, college teammate of Devin Hester and was drafted by the Cubs + he's a minority candidate. If that s***, specifically the former 3, doesn't scream George McCaskey I don't know what does. The meatheads would love it!

From my standpoint I wouldn't hate it. Cleveland has drafted a lot of really good players

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Stupid.  

Probably have the full interviews recorded and after picking the GM will give him the tapes to review and pick who he wants to bring in for his personal interviews.

And yes, I expect the FO to be recording everything on VHS tapes.

• Like 1