Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

But late Monday night, Michigan Football’s most plugged-in insider, Sam Webb, told his 247Sports subscribers just how serious Jim Harbaugh really is. “Several” sources tell Webb that Jim has already reached out to possible staff members and would accept the Minnesota job if offered. Harbaugh is reportedly “pursuing the opportunity hard“.

Sam Webb – The Michigan Insider (247Sports): "I was told by multiple university sources today that Harbaugh’s desire to return to the pros… if he can… has been made clear. Wednesday’s interview isn’t merely another step in the feeling out process. He is pursuing the opportunity hard. And as should be expected under those circumstances, I’ve heard he’s made overtures toward potential targets for his would-be staff.

Should that interview progress to Harbaugh being offered the job, every Michigan source I spoke with today… and there were several… shared their expectation that he will accept it."

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/harbaugh-badly-wants-vikings-job-and-adofo-mensah-wants-harbaugh/?fbclid=IwAR35LixeCvwixVG9xYfCjblDUlRZuaPpCIemFKtf7VEcD7OsfG0rYrCvFUc

45 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Did he cast a wide net? Or did he go through the motions? 

I never said I was out on Kwesi. I said the buzz was gone. Going after Jim Harbaugh feels like something Rick Spielman would have done. A football guy with an old school mentality towards the game. We just got rid of that. 

Idk, feels by like conjecture on your part. He was the right guy for the job until he (allegedly) made a decision that you disagree with.

Edited by JDBrocks

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

I do...and just because you disagree with his opinions and have a different perspective doesn't make him a whiner.  He's in a different generation with a different perspective.

And the ranking of the defense over the past 2 years is completely irrelevant and again pretty ridiculous.  I guess that the Ravens' defense in Ray Lewis' last year (19th) must mean he wasn't much of a leader either then.  Just admit you don't care for him as a person and move on and quit trying to tie it to his performance on the field.  It has nothing to do with team-building, it has nothing to do with him on the field.  You just don't like him and wouldn't want to have a beer with him.

I’m sure he’s a nice guy and means well but the whining isn’t the quality of a leader. Also, him talking about the organization being fear-based is just childish. There is nothing for him to gain by making those kind of statements. All the divide in the real world seeped into the locker room and I believe Kendricks was a large part of that. Get him out.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Of course it is! This is a football chat room. ITS ALL CONJECTURE

Ok. I won’t ask you questions anymore.

edit: that’s not fair of me. It just feels terribly disconnected to be so satisfied with the hire of the GM, and then second guess him and suggest that he’s “going through the motions” because he hires a HC that you personally disagree with.

Kwesi seems to be doing EXACTLY what he said he’d do, IMO.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I never said I was out on Kwesi. I said the buzz was gone. Going after Jim Harbaugh feels like something Rick Spielman would have done. A football guy with an old school mentality towards the game. We just got rid of that. 

Maybe Kwesi wanted more of a football guy to balance out his background. Haven’t we been saying they Kwesi needs to surround himself with football people.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I know you don't really like the SKOR NORTH podcast (i think you've stated that before and I don't typically either) but really the last one with Alex Boone really was pretty good with Harbaugh. 

Really pointed out how the grumpy guy was all optics to the media. Covering up for players making scenes to get attention on him. He wanted players families there on Sundays. He got close to all the players. Talks about how he loved to change the offense, so who knows, maybe it will be different again. 

• Like 2