Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

27 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That's not how we do things around here

The division will be a complete cakewalk once Rodgers leaves. I like hating on Kirk Cousins as much as the next guy but he would easily be the best QB in the NFC North. Vikings are absolutely loaded on offense, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Harbaugh transforms you guys into the best offense in the league.

The defense isn't too far off either. I'm not really aware of what your current cap situation is but if you guys can figure out a way to get another edge rusher to pair with Danielle Hunter and draft another DB or two, you'll be set

I've been saying for weeks the Vikings are by far the best job available this offseason and Harbaugh choosing to go there when he could have had any job he wanted proves that.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I've been saying for weeks the Vikings are by far the best job available this offseason and Harbaugh choosing to go there when he could have had any job he wanted proves that.

Yup. Same here. The offense was potent despite Mike Zimmer's "run the ball even if it isn't working" philospophy. Injuries hit the defense hard. There certainly are holes in the roster (CB/LB/OG), but this is not a team that is far away from contending. Especially if Rodgers leaves the North (likely the NFC). 

NFC Quarterbacks are currently (assuming Rodgers goes to the AFC): Cousins, Stafford, Wilson, Murray, Lance, Fields, Goff, Love, Hurts, Prescott, Daniel Jones, Heineke, Ryan, Tampa TBD, Carolina TBD, Saints TBD.  Playing in the NFC North, the Vikings have a legitimate shot at the #1 seed because the West will beat up on each other and the South and the East teams are closer to each other than the NFC North teams. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yup. Same here. The offense was potent despite Mike Zimmer's "run the ball even if it isn't working" philospophy. Injuries hit the defense hard. There certainly are holes in the roster (CB/LB/OG), but this is not a team that is far away from contending. Especially if Rodgers leaves the North (likely the NFC). 

NFC Quarterbacks are currently (assuming Rodgers goes to the AFC): Cousins, Stafford, Wilson, Murray, Lance, Fields, Goff, Love, Hurts, Prescott, Daniel Jones, Heineke, Ryan, Tampa TBD, Carolina TBD, Saints TBD.  Playing in the NFC North, the Vikings have a legitimate shot at the #1 seed because the West will beat up on each other and the South and the East teams are closer to each other than the NFC North teams. 

I don't think your OL is as bad as you guys think. Cousins just isn't mobile in a league that values mobile QBs more than ever. With Harbaugh they definitely have a shot at reaching a Super Bowl within the next 3 years. I dont know how long he will be there because he's kind of a prick and tends to wear guys down but there's no doubt about his ability to coach.

13 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I don't think your OL is as bad as you guys think. Cousins just isn't mobile in a league that values mobile QBs more than ever. With Harbaugh they definitely have a shot at reaching a Super Bowl within the next 3 years. I dont know how long he will be there because he's kind of a prick and tends to wear guys down but there's no doubt about his ability to coach.

Our interior OL was probably made to look better by Cousins. We give up substantial pressure up the middle. That wasn't because of Cousins' immobility (which is a concern). I do think Cleveland is a solid piece, but Center and Right Guard need to play better or be upgraded. Too many times Udoh/Cole/Bradbury just let guys blow by them. 

But yes, this roster, in this division (without Rodgers), is good enough to go on a deep run.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Our interior OL was probably made to look better by Cousins. We give up substantial pressure up the middle. That wasn't because of Cousins' immobility (which is a concern). I do think Cleveland is a solid piece, but Center and Right Guard need to play better or be upgraded. Too many times Udoh/Cole/Bradbury just let guys blow by them. 

But yes, this roster, in this division (without Rodgers), is good enough to go on a deep run.

I think most of your OL issues stem from Bradbury just not being that good. I don't know what he's listed at but the guy looks undersized. Replace him with someone beefier and it'll be a huge benefit for Cousins.

• Like 1