Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

While certainly not official, it should be noted that Carey was one of the first to claim Kwesi was going to be hired by the Vikings. So, take it for what you will. 

Yeah that’s definitely a fake report.  If you look closely you can tell that the picture is photoshopped!  😉

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

If they were welcoming him to the team in that shot, he'd be wearing Vikings' gear......IMO.

yeah that is clearly just a sign welcoming him to the building.

they'll take new press shots with Vikings gear for the announcement

I wanted Brian Flores for Minnesota right after he was fired from Miami, he is the most experienced and successful head coach arguably that is available, and now with all that has come out, well it shows he has much needed class, character and integrity for the position.

I wish they went with him honestly.  And he is dead right in suing the NFL and the owners over their hiring practices.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

….besides Jim Harbaugh. 

Maybe but clearly outside of this past season for Michigan, his time at Michigan has generally been a massive disappointment which was 7 years.  Oh and during that COVID year 2020 they were 2 and 4.  

Sure one can only look at his time with the 49ers but as I have said before, his success was largely based on the great roster they had and the new innovative offense of Greg Roman with a running QB, now Jim brought some energy and enthusiasm but clearly it faded and they fired him in short order once the success did not follow that one Super bowl run and two NFC title game losses and was fired after a 8-8 year in 2014.

But sure he is decent but I would much rather have Brian Flores and the character and integrity he has shown recently makes me believe that even more.  

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I wanted Brian Flores for Minnesota right after he was fired  and he is dead right in suing the NFL and the owners over their hiring practices.  

From a legality standpoint, he is not "dead right in suing the NFL..." He won't win this lawsuit unless there is direct evidence (read: documents or videos) that Brian Dabol was hired because of his lack of pigment and Flores was denied the job because of his pigment. 

The Rooney Rule was an NFL practice. It is not a law. Flores may shed some light on things, but he's not going to win. He may settle for a sum of money, but he'll almost certainly never be a head coach again, and the NFL won't have to change anything if they don't want to. 

He may get to revenge on Ross though. 

Edited by wcblack34
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

From a legality standpoint, he is not "dead right in suing the NFL..." He won't win this lawsuit unless there is direct evidence (read: documents or videos) that Brian Dabol was hired because of his lack of pigment and Flores was denied the job because of his pigment. 

The Rooney Rule was an NFL practice. It is not a law. Flores may shed some light on things, but he's not going to win. He may settle for a sum of money, but he'll almost certainly never be a head coach again, and the NFL won't have to change anything if they don't want to. 

He may get to revenge on Ross though. 

Ewww

Yeah this type of reply is exactly the problem.  Take Harbaugh if you want, I still say Flores in this one act shows more class and character than Harbaugh has shown in his entire career.  What Flores did there is hard and winning the lawsuit is not the point, he wanted to create change and jeopardized his career doing so.  But he will be a NFL head coach again I feel, most likely even by next year.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe but clearly outside of this past season for Michigan, his time at Michigan has generally been a massive disappointment which was 7 years.  Oh and during that COVID year 2020 they were 2 and 4.  

Sure one can only look at his time with the 49ers but as I have said before, his success was largely based on the great roster they had and the new innovative offense of Greg Roman with a running QB, now Jim brought some energy and enthusiasm but clearly it faded and they fired him in short order once the success did not follow that one Super bowl run and two NFC title game losses and was fired after a 8-8 year in 2014.

But sure he is decent but I would much rather have Brian Flores and the character and integrity he has shown recently makes me believe that even more.  

I don’t disagree about Flores being a qualified and good HC candidate, but you are severely underrating/discrediting Harbaugh as an NFL HC. I encourage you to watch the Alex Boone interview posted earlier in this thread.