Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Ewww

Yeah this type of reply is exactly the problem.  Take Harbaugh if you want, I still say Flores in this one act shows more class and character than Harbaugh has shown in his entire career.  What Flores did there is hard and winning the lawsuit is not the point, he wanted to create change and jeopardized his career doing so.  But he will be a NFL head coach again I feel, most likely even by next year.  

This type of reply isn't the problem. It's reality and legal analysis from someone who does it for a living. 

Furthermore, had he been interviewed for the Vikings job, and gotten it, he almost assuredly wouldn't be suing the NFL. So your stance presupposes that he would have this same strength of character if another team had given him a head coaching job. Not bloody likely. 

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

This type of reply isn't the problem. It's reality and legal analysis from someone who does it for a living. 

Furthermore, had he been interviewed for the Vikings job, and gotten it, he almost assuredly wouldn't be suing the NFL. So your stance presupposes that he would have this same strength of character if another team had given him a head coaching job. Not bloody likely. 

That is awesome you do it for a living, but again I do not think winning the suit matters, it is the attention it brings and it takes big time character to stick his neck out like he did and help bring the issue to light.

As for character, I still value the character he has shown in doing what he did.  The dude also grew up in poverty as a child, pretty sure Jim Harbaugh did not, so Brian Flores also has that completely different life experience which was most likely far more difficult and challenging in almost every way.  

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I don’t disagree about Flores being a qualified and good HC candidate, but you are severely underrating/discrediting Harbaugh as an NFL HC. I encourage you to watch the Alex Boone interview posted earlier in this thread.

Possibly, but from what Jimmy has done the past 6 years has been pretty damn disappointing, taking out this last year where he did actually succeed and accomplish something of note at Michigan, his only real year of doing so.  But sure maybe I will check out that interview but not like I value the opinion of Alex Boone all that much, sure some guys like playing for him some I think hated it and were annoyed by it.  

Still before all of this I had a pretty solid opinion of Brian Flores, now my opinion of him is even a bit higher.  Jim's time at Michigan did not improve my opinion of him if anything it lowed it a bit.

Kwesi and the Wilfs have made a bold decision gambling the future of this team on a rookie head coach. I think they're caught up in the Super Bowl whirlwind thinking KO is the next big thing. But he has a much bigger bust factor along side of him. Where as, you know at worst with JH you're gonna be .500, but more than likely closer to .700

They better hope they got it right and didnt just pick Kevin for his Zack Morris smile. 

1 minute ago, Frank Costello said:

Kwesi and the Wilfs have made a bold decision gambling the future of this team on a rookie head coach. I think they're caught up in the Super Bowl whirlwind thinking KO is the next big thing. But he has a much bigger bust factor along side of him. Where as, you know at worst with JH you're gonna be .500, but more than likely closer to .700

They better hope they got it right and didnt just pick Kevin for his Zack Morris smile. 

All depends upon if they can luck into a franchise QB. Think Zac Taylor is where he is without Burrow? without Harbaugh we’re headed towards more of a rebuild.