BDL 2017 Week 9: London Knights @ Oklahoma City Rogues

DingoLadd

Who Wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• London Knights
    • Oklahoma City Racoons.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 9: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

London Lineup:

QB- Marcus Mariota
RB- CJ Anderson
WR- Brandin Cooks
WR- Willie Snead
WR- Marqise Lee
TE- Delanie Walker
LT- Eric Fisher
LG- Kyle Long
C- Jason Kelce
RG- Zack Martin
RT- Rick Wagner

-----------------------------
RB- Rob Kelley
RB- Ty Montgomery
WR- John Brown
WR- JJ Nelson
WR- Robby Anderson
WR- Donte Moncrief
OL- Dion Dawkins
OL- Cole Toner

DE- Khalil Mack
DT- Marcel Dareus
DT- Kyle Williams
DE- Jerry Hughes
LB- Kwon Alexander
LB- Karlos Dansby
LB- Mark Barron
CB- Malcolm Butler
CB- Tre'Davious White
S- Earl Thomas
S- Tony Jefferson

-------------------------------------

CB- Joe Haden
CB- Rashard Robinson
DE- Jordan Willis
CB- Adoree Jackson
DT- Maliek Collins
S- Miles Killebrew
S- Justin Evans

Oklahoma City Rogues

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Alex Collins
WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Allen Hurns
WR: Jeremy Maclin (Q)
TE: Jared Cook
LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Le'Raven Clark
C: T.J. Lan
RG: Daryl Williams
RT: Morgan Moses

RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Latavius Murray
FB: James Develin
WR: Taywan Taylor
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Clive Walford
OL: Ereck Flowers
OL: Spencer Drango

ROLB: Ryan Kerrigan
DT: Cameron Heyward
DT: Eddie Goldman
LOLB: Von Miller
ILB: Eric Kendricks
ILB: Kendell Beckwith
CB: Patrick Peterson
CB: Trevor Williams
CB: Shaq Griffin
FS: Jordan Poyer
SS: Adrian Amos

OLB: Kony Ealy
OLB: Connor Barwin
DL: Star Lotulelei
DL: Tyeler Davison
ILB: Darron Lee
CB: Eli Apple
S: Andre Hal
S: Reggie Nelson

London Gameplan:

Offense
Keep Mariota Upright- Oklahoma City features a nasty pass rush tandem of Von Miller and Ryan Kerrigan, so our priority is going to be to make sure Marcus Mariota stays upright all game long. We have faith in Eric Fisher and Rick Wagner, but we're going to be throwing additional chips with Delanie Walker and prioritize keeping our backs to stay in and help out as well.

Move Cooks Around- We will be facing an outstanding man coverage cornerback in Patrick Peterson, who will likely shadow Brandin Cooks, so we are going to focus on methods of giving him a free release and exploiting his speed, whether it is lining him up in the slot, motioning him before the snap, and running pick plays.

Exploit The Read Option- Mariota should be healthy from his hamstring injury, so it's time to take advantage of his speed. We're going to give him a good dose of QB-HB option, keying in on their outside linebackers, as well as some run-pass read option, allowing his experience in reading the defense to exploit any weakness they have on a given play.

Defense
Keep Cam In The Pocket- Our focus will be on making Cam beat us through the air, and to do so we'll use some QB spy with Kwon Alexander and make sure our edge rushers don't blow past him giving him an opportunity to scramble. If we can keep him contained early, his frustration will lead to big plays for the defense later on.

Man With Single Safety High- We are confident in our cornerbacks to be able to match up against their receivers and take them away, so we plan on playing Earl Thomas deep and letting his playmaking ability prevent anything over the top. Playing Tony Jefferson closer to the line will help stop their running game as well as limit Cam Newton's running ability. As long as we play sound fundamental defense, we feel his frustration will lead to turnovers and busting the game open.

This is my first week and my apologies if I messed something up / overlooked something. Feel free to let me know if I need to change something.

OKC Gameplan: 

This week we get to face the London Monarchs who currently find themselves in a transition phase. Although they've had a rough season, they now have renewed hope under new management and a new vision for the future. However, this does mean that they shouldn't be particularly interested in this game specifically, and we should pick up an easy win here.

Offense:

This week we will utilize a balanced offense that looks to attack the London safeties. With Earl Thomas out this week, London will either be playing two strong safeties in Tony Jefferson and Miles Killebrew or they will have to play a bad free safety in Justin Evans. Either way, we should have an advantage deep.

After trading LeGarrette Blount we hand the feature back role to Alex Collins who has so far looked the part. He will get the majority of the carries in this game with Joe Mixon playing primarily on passing downs. We will continue to use a lot of I-formations with James Develin to help our backs get to the second level. As usual, we will have many designed run plays for Cam Newton.

With Jordan Reed out, our best weapon on offense is Adam Thielen. We will move him around to all the WR spots and hope to get him in a good matchup against Adoree Jackson. He will be our primary target in our intermediate passing game. We will also take a lot of deep shots with all of our pass catchers including Taywan Taylor and Mike Wallace. We've got some speed and some good playmaking ability so we should get a couple of big plays against the weak London safeties.

The interior of our offensive line is still a mess, but the interior of London's defensive line is not a huge worry. Khalil Mack is the obvious standout for London, and we will provide some help against him on many plays.

Defense:

On defense this week we will play a pretty basic man-heavy Cover-1 scheme. Patrick Peterson will follow Brandin Cooks everywhere. Shaq Griffin will always line up as a boundary corner with Trevor Williams taking the other position. Jordan Poyer will be our center-fielding safety and he will be shaded towards the side with Griffin. Adrian Amos will play in the box as a robber/spy and disrupt the drags and crosses that we expect from Cooks. Eric Kendricks will cover Delanie Walker and Kendell Beckwith will take the running back. We will occasionally send a blitz from Amos or a linebacker. If we send a linebacker, then Amos will cover Walker. If London goes with a 2 WR set, then Shaq Griffin will come off the field for Star Lotulelei. If London goes with 4 WRs, then Beckwith will come off the field for Eli Apple. Poyer will be our fifth CB with Andre Hal playing FS in his place.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

It's nice to see Rusty has adopted my write up style. I like it.

Yeah I was looking at previous weeks gameplans and liked the formatting that you used, with key points for both sides of the ball being used to illustrate what we want to accomplish.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah I was looking at previous weeks gameplans and liked the formatting that you used, with key points for both sides of the ball being used to illustrate what we want to accomplish.

Rusty you didn't like my novels? Maybe I should use ilashes approach.

London weaknesses are at LB and safety this week (Ruskie, fyi, an inactive player IRL is also inactive in BDL, as it is the case for Earl this week). Don't know if OKC has the weapons to take advantage of it, though I think it was smart to involve Taylor and Wallace. But their interior OL is a mess and the interior DL of London lacks depth, but Dareus-Williams aren't bad players, so I don't see OKC running the ball a ton. On the other side, I feel London offense is too one dimensional as Ruskie didn't talk about the running at all save for the read option. and OKC defense is good, there is no denying that. In the end, I just like London offense more, either on the running game or on 1vs1 outside. London wins, 20-16

Archived