Tom Brady retiring

Apparition

49 minutes ago, biggie. said:
1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Understood. Thanks. 

So if he comes out of retirement for next year's 2022 season would he be free to play for any team or would he have to report to Tampa Bay?

(There's no way Tom Brady walks away from the game without an MJ23/Kobe Bryant/Brett Favre type of farewell tour). 

He'd be reporting to Tampa since he's under contract, though Brady has the power to get them to trade him.

Yea its a very easy, "Hey I want to come back but I want my release." And if they say no its a, "Alright then I won't come back". They really have no leverage so they might as well grant him the release at that point. 

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yea its a very easy, "Hey I want to come back but I want my release." And if they say no its a, "Alright then I won't come back". They really have no leverage so they might as well grant him the release at that point. 

It makes zero sense to 2022 cut him. 

His contract is $20,270,588 for $2022.

But if they release him? $32,000,000 dead cap hit.

So why would they release him? 

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It makes zero sense to 2022 cut him. 

His contract is $20,270,588 for $2022.

But if they release him? $32,000,000 dead cap hit.

So why would they release him? 

They wold trade him. The only reason Brady would come back is if he's 100% confident he'll be traded to SF and complete his boyhood dream.

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

They wold trade him. The only reason Brady would come back is if he's 100% confident he'll be traded to SF and complete his boyhood dream.

What's SF possibly gonna trade for him when they ponied up so much to trade up for Lance last year? I think the whole thing is a pipe dream and the only person who would possibly benefit is Brady. 

It'll never happen but I think it would be pretty cool if Tom Brady returned home to N.E and alongside of Bill Belichick chased Don Shula's All-Time most wins together; before retiring @ the same time (together). 

All while Mac Jones got to develop and learn from under the QB G.O.A.T. 

I should become a film writer because that's scripted straight from Hollywood (or Broadway).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

13 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It'll never happen but I think it would be pretty cool if Tom Brady returned home to N.E and alongside of Bill Belichick chased Don Shula's All-Time most wins together; before retiring @ the same time (together). 

All while Mac Jones got to develop and learn from under the QB G.O.A.T. 

I should become a film writer because that's scripted straight from Hollywood (or Broadway).

I don't get why people think this is something special at this point.  It's not like TB12's backups go on to success at a high rate.  

• Like 1

I think Brady wants to play in 2022 he just doesn’t want to play for Tampa anymore. Something happened this season that soured him on that coaching staff. The thing is he can’t come out and say trade me because he knows that wouldn’t be a good look. 

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

I think Brady wants to play in 2022 he just doesn’t want to play for Tampa anymore. Something happened this season that soured him on that coaching staff. The thing is he can’t come out and say trade me because he knows that wouldn’t be a good look. 

Arians bad mouthed AB and released him.

We know what that means. 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, CP3MVP said:

I think it's that compounded with Gisele on his *** (a good problem to have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and the fact there's nowhere else to go.

NO is in cap hell and I doubt Brady would want to be seen as Judas to Tampa fans.

Same with Denver, Pittsburgh and Indy with NE fans.

Tennessee can't move Tannehill.

SF will be tight against the cap even after moving Jimmy because they have key players to resign.

LV is already negotiating an extension with Carr.

Doubt Brady wants to move to Cleveland.

Edited by biggie.

On 2/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, biggie. said:

I think it's that compounded with Gisele on his *** (a good problem to have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and the fact there's nowhere else to go.

NO makes sense from team fit perspective, but they're in cap hell.

Tennessee can't move Tannehill.

SF will be tight against the cap even after moving Jimmy because they have key players to resign.

LV is already negotiating an extension with Carr.

Doubt Brady wants to move to Cleveland.

Going to Denver, Pittsburgh or Indy would be a Judas move.

The though of TB12 in any of those jerseys is vomit-inducing.

• 2 weeks later...