Tom Brady retiring

Apparition

Sunday September 23 2001. Week 2 of the 2001 season. Two weeks after 9/11. Drew Bledsoe, our franchise QB that helped the franchise go from nearly moving to St. Louis because they were an absolute joke to being respectable, nearly gets killed by Jets LB Mo Lewis. In comes a scrawny, slow sixth rounder from Michigan. "WHO THE **** IS TOM BRADY?! THERE GOES THE SEASON!" yells my dad. We ended up losing that game, dropping to 0-2. All seemed lost.

18 starts later:

#bby from I miss Brady.

And this was only the beginning.

Thank you for everything, Tom. You will always be Boston's Superman.

Edited by biggie.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

Love all the *** who try to discredit his career by saying "oh he was just a product of the team around him."

22 years, 7-3 in Super Bowls, owns practically every record...all because he was a system quarterback.

he is obviously the greatest QB of all time and possibly the greatest player of all time.

There is nothing objectively to discredit.

He has the greatest career in NFL history.

Didn't think this day would ever come. I literally started watching football the day he took the field against the Rams in the 2001 SB. I was just a small child back then. Little did I know what he would one day become. NFL won't be the same without him. 😟 Best wishes in retirement Mr. GOAT.

• Like 1

Feels so weird... I wouldn't have thought I will feel this sad. I wouldn't have expected to tear up a bit after reading the news.

Putting aside some iffy stuff off the field, Tom will always be my favourite sportsperson. I tried recounting the most illustrious moment I could remember him by, but wasn't able to choose from the many. Than I realized that a common feeling was always there: in a crucial situation the guy could always be trusted to conjure the ball into a place where only his receiver could catch it and put his team into a winning position again.

Thank you Tom for making us the most spoiled fanbase in the last 20 years!

This is so sad, Imma go listen to Nick Mullen's rendition of Despacito till I cry myself to sleep.

Edit: Ignore until retirement is confirmed.

Edited by LD696
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Didn't think this day would ever come. I literally started watching football the day he took the field against the Rams in the 2001 SB. I was just a small child back then. Little did I know what he would one day become. NFL won't be the same without him. 😟 Best wishes in retirement Mr. GOAT.

lol I started watching football at age 7 in 1998 and 2 years later Brady was drafted and I'm 30 now. Crazy how time flies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

An unrivaled career.

Bill Russell, Otto Graham, Federer/Nadal/Djokavic, Serena Williams, Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Michael Phelps, and Yogi Berra all have rivaled careers. Plus a number of boxers arguably.

Edited by DoleINGout