Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Different NFL now that when McDaniels coach Denver. 

The Carr Dilemma is more than if Ziegler or McDaniels wants him. Carr and his representatives gotta agree to our contract offers. I can’t imagine them going for a hometown discount and also can’t imagine Ziegler overpaying Carr worth his value on their 1st offseason.

Joe Burrow is another example of a rookie contract scale QB led team going to the super bowl 

Joe Burrow was the #1 overall pick and was a flawless prospect. Using him as an example of anything is bad to begin with.

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Joe Burrow was the #1 overall pick and was a flawless prospect. Using him as an example of anything is bad to begin with.

It's not just getting burrow. It was getting T Higgins in the second round in a receiver loaded draft year in the same draft.

Then Joe burrow tears his ACL his rookie year which leads to them picking in the top five again and being able to get his college teammate who just so happens to also be the best offensive player in the draft. Of course you're gonna win after that. 

(I also wanna point out that in hindsight us losing to the Bengals wasn't low as we thought it was originally seeing that they are representing the AFC in the Super Bowl now)

• Like 1

The Carr Dilemma is more than if Ziegler or McDaniels wants him. Carr and his representatives gotta agree to our contract offers. I can’t imagine them going for a hometown discount and also can’t imagine Ziegler overpaying Carr worth his value on their 1st offseason.

Joe Burrow is another example of a rookie contract scale QB led team going to the super bowl 

And Matt Stafford joins the ranks of Brady, Foles, and many others that show the opposite is just as likely.

I think the main reason that Mayock was fired was because Mark didn't want a GM running the show who likely wasn't going to be here for very much longer and wanted a new regime to make a decision on Carr. Based on the reports that Ziegler and McDaniels were pushing for the Patriots to trade for Carr I can't imagine that they look to move on from him. 

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's also the first QB in NFL history to go #1 and then lead his team to a Super Bowl in his first two seasons.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Anybody else mad that senior bowl practice is gonna start this week and we still don't know who our defensive coordinator is?

I'd imagine that we already have someone in mind and that they're waiting to announce McDaniels because he's going to introduce his whole staff when we make it official. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I am personally of the belief that Mayo is already hired as the DC.

It's possible but it's not probable. Reason why I say so it's because it makes more sense for Mayo to stay with Belichick(yes even though he's being labeled the ILB coach and not the DC) than it does to follow McDaniels

I would disagree. Mayo will never get the label as DC with the Pats or call plays. With the Raiders he gets both and gets to show his personality with beat reporters. It’s what Kyle did for Mike McDaniels this past season. Gave him the title so he can show who he is cause if he would have kept the name label he had he would have never been able to talk to reporters during the week. If Mayo was smart he would leave cause it will fast track him becoming a HC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's possible but it's not probable. Reason why I say so it's because it makes more sense for Mayo to stay with Belichick(yes even though he's being labeled the ILB coach and not the DC) than it does to follow McDaniels

I think it makes more sense to come to Las Vegas with Ziegler and McDaniels, two guys he has worked with for almost a decade. In New England he'll always be an assistant, regardless of title, he's not going to get a ton of credit if their defense is good. If he comes to LV he'd be receiving a promotion and working with an offensive minded head coach like Josh he'd more or less have full control over everything. If he comes here as the leader of the defense and succeeds it'd be a huge boost for his resume.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I would disagree. Mayo will never get the label as DC with the Pats or call plays. With the Raiders he gets both and gets to show his personality with beat reporters. It’s what Kyle did for Mike McDaniels this past season. Gave him the title so he can show who he is cause if he would have kept the name label he had he would have never been able to talk to reporters during the week. If Mayo was smart he would leave cause it will fast track him becoming a HC

The fact that Mayo interviewed with us around the same time as Z and JM would also imply that there's a realistic chance he's a candidate. 

Burrows definitely wasn't a flawless prospect by any means, he was a 1 year wonder in college and had questions on his athleticism and the level of talent around him. Compared to Lawrence for e.g he is an inferior prospect but has crucial intangibles you struggle to measure.