Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is the answer I was hoping for. Extending him before you even see how he performs in the system sounds like the dumbest idea ever. What if he’s a horrible fit and you just married the guy. I can’t be alone on this line of thinking. 

This sounds like they are gonna shop him especially with teams hungry for QBs. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

This is exactly what I've been saying: you don't make a move like this unless you think it takes you to the next level. You don't regress to 9-8 or lower after this. This is why my standards are playoffs or above. 

Agreed. Not a rebuild or reload. 11-6 should be completely expected, Mark basically indirectly said it himself. 

• Like 1

Thing I respect about this McDaniels press conference was when he answered why things didn't work out in Denver and he completely took the blame saying that he knew football but he didn't know people or how to lead. 

They gave me much more confidence than I had going into the press conference

• Like 6

Just now, NickButera said:

I don't see that. This team is a 4-6 win team without Carr. Unless they're shopping him for Rodgers/Wilson, I didn't read that at all. 

We have no idea what they are gonna do. All we know is the bare minimum an extension would come is during TC if they feel Carr is a fit. And it likely would be after the season. 

As I said earlier, marrying a guy your first year as HC, when you have no idea how he will perform in your system, is a horrible business move and jumping the gun. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Not a rebuild or reload. 11-6 should be completely expected, Mark basically indirectly said it himself. 

Right. This **** and all of the built-in excuses that say "we shouldn't expect McDaniels to go to the playoffs his first year" or my favorite "we weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year" what does that even mean?

Do you think McDaniels takes this Job when Mark Davis communicates to him that this isn't a rebuild at the reload and McDaniels doesn't agree? nonsense

• Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Right. This **** and all of the built-in excuses that say "we shouldn't expect McDaniels to go to the playoffs his first year" or my favorite "we weren't supposed to make the playoffs this year" what does that even mean?

Do you think McDaniels takes this Job when Mark Davis communicates to him that this isn't a rebuild at the reload and McDaniels doesn't agree? nonsense

McDaniels turned down a job with one of the best organizations in the NFL in Indy. I don't think he takes our job if he didn't think we are in win now mode.

• Like 2

People who is Luke warm on Carr is going to take the press conference one way. People who like him is going take it another way. Honestly they gave no real insight on if carr is getting extended or is the qb of the future or not. I don't read much into those answers. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 2

Just now, dante9876 said:

People who don't is Luke warm on Carr is going to take the press conference one way. People who like him is going take it another way. Honestly they gave no real insight on if carr is getting extended or is the qb of the future or not. I don't read much into those answers. 

They said that they've had great conversations with him and are excited to get to know him better and work with him.

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This sounds like they are gonna shop him especially with teams hungry for QBs. 

haha crazy how everyone hears what they want. 
To me it sounded like they want to see what Carr can do this year before tying him down. 100% I am on board for that. 

Ill be shocked if they trade him this year. . . but we will see. So far Carr has convinced what 5 HCs hes the right QB, can he do it again lol

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

haha crazy how everyone hears what they want. 
To me it sounded like they want to see what Carr can do this year before tying him down. 100% I am on board for that. 

Ill be shocked if they trade him this year. . . but we will see. So far Carr has convinced what 5 HCs hes the right QB, can he do it again lol

I don't think that we move on from Carr unless we can get a clear upgrade.

• Like 2