Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

You think the Raiders would work out a deal with the Buccaneers of all teams to acquire Tom Brady for Derek Carr and a pick or additional player swap?

Brady is done. And if he plays, it’s literally one year. I was all for a Brady signing in 2020 and pounding the table for it while most of this forum was calling him washed up. But now it’d be kind of pointless. 

ARod or Wilson in a heartbeat though. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Brady is done. And if he plays, it’s literally one year. I was all for a Brady signing in 2020 and pounding the table for it while most of this forum was calling him washed up. But now it’d be kind of pointless. 

ARod or Wilson in a heartbeat though. 

No one called Brady washed lol just that everyone knew it’d be a short term solution and that we didn’t have the roster to compete for a SB. 

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

No one called Brady washed lol just that everyone knew it’d be a short term solution and that we didn’t have the roster to compete for a SB. 

Brady brought in a lot of his own pieces. And definitely could of won with the 2021 Roster, especially with his own guys added-in. You will see this year if McDaniels is successful. Roster is above average.  Brady definitely improves us from 10-7 to at least 12-5 for 2021. At least two full games better than Carr. And in the playoffs, never count out Brady. 

As for people saying he was washed, at least half the posters were. 100%. The other half were making the roster argument. It wasn’t that long ago. 

Can’t even remember how many times I had to say Bradys arm is fine and watch the tape. His arm lost no velocity at all. 

Edit: Also Brady would of played minimum 3 years if he didn’t get a ring the first two. Time to improve the roster. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

If he was their guy at QB, wouldn’t they come out and say we’re working on an extension? Instead they opted for double talk 

I mean if they say that they may lose power in negotiations. 
They literally said they liked what theyve seen Carr do, but want to meet with him and see how he gels with their schemes moving forward. 
I think that would be pretty important before just handing some guy a new extension. Regardless of who the Qb was. 

Do you really think a new GM would give any qb an extension without doing a deep dive into the qb first? or meet them?
I personally am glad they are being patient to see how they fit together. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying Carr is elite, but god everyone acts like he's trash. the smartest move at the moment is to move forward with Carr with short extention 2 years.. and find your QB to groom under him.  Grab a trubisky for backup keep draft capital don't overpay carr and you have FA cap money as well. 

that way the next QB has team around him when he steps in ala Kc alex smith to mahomes. 

this trade carr and multiple 1sts makes no sense. you are the same people saying our talent isn't up to par with rest of league then want to trade picks (talent) for 1 guy which doesn't solve other issues and Ties up more cap.

• Like 2

Btw Joe Burrow has had QBRs of 62, 28, 55 last 3 games. Below average when averaged out, ignore the narrative - he isn't playing elite football and they are in the big dance. 

The narrative you will need an elite QB else you have no chance to get to a SB going forward is untrue and prisoner of moment. 

Edited by Jraider91
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I'm not saying Carr is elite, but god everyone acts like he's trash. the smartest move at the moment is to move forward with Carr with short extention 2 years.. and find your QB to groom under him.  Grab a trubisky for backup keep draft capital don't overpay carr and you have FA cap money as well. 

that way the next QB has team around him when he steps in ala Kc alex smith to mahomes. 

this trade carr and multiple 1sts makes no sense. you are the same people saying our talent isn't up to par with rest of league then want to trade picks (talent) for 1 guy which doesn't solve other issues and Ties up more cap.

I would have supported trading Carr until the McDaniels hire. I think he can help Carr in areas he's coming up short. 3rd down and Red Zone. He will get the run game back on track and let Carr use play action where he's proven very good. 

Z needs to fix an Oline which is not going to be an easy task. They need to get a hell of a coach to see if they can salvage any of these guys on the roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jraider91 said:

Btw Joe Burrow has had QBRs of 62, 28, 55 last 3 games. Below average when averaged out, ignore the narrative - he isn't playing elite football and they are in the big dance. 

The narrative you will need an elite QB else you have no chance to get to a SB going forward is untrue and prisoner of moment. 

This is why stats don't tell the entire picture. He's played better, sure. But he is LEADING the team and they are rallying around their QB.

The 3rd and 7 play in the 4th quarter, Chris Jones has him dead to rights for a sack. He somehow slips it, gets out of the pocket. Jones is still on him, who dives and Burrow avoids his 2nd attempt to bring him down, then runs for a pivotal conversion. The drive leads to points. 

Playoff football is won with guts and determination. He displayed that several times in the win against KC. It won't show on the stat sheet, but it will be in his career highlights. 

This idea that QBs have to go out an be elite each week is such modern era BS. Did they get the win and did the QB make plays when he had to? Burrow, resounding yes. Flip side, Jimmy G folded under the pressure. 

• Like 2

Ken Herrock going all in with this statement:

“People talk about how people from the Bill Belichick tree don’t do well, but I don’t look at that because I would never hire most of those other guys,” Herock said after the news conference. “I know them, hell I prepared some of them for their interviews and Dave met the criteria.

“He is not a Belichick guy — he is his own guy. Both of these guys are their own guys. Bill was a teacher and these guys will expand from that. The others couldn’t.”

interesting that we wanted ziegler and he was like you want me then I’m bringing jmd. Old skool buddy system. At least there is some solid hierarchy this time. Hoping for the best. This presser was more professional than the grudock version tho. Weird that jmd hired zieg during his Broncos days now zieg returning the favor.