49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

I love how Ian said last week how the surgery was going to make it hard to trade for Jimmy and now is saying there is significant interest in him. Please, these guys are seriously hired guns by agents and front offices. No shame at all lol.

Pittsburgh, NO, Indy...someone PLEASE just trade for this man already!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I love how Ian said last week how the surgery was going to make it hard to trade for Jimmy and now is saying there is significant interest in him. Please, these guys are seriously hired guns by agents and front offices. No shame at all lol.

Pittsburgh, NO, Indy...someone PLEASE just trade for this man already!!!

We maybe able to throw Carolina in the mix if the Watson situation is not resolved on Friday lol.

38 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

We maybe able to throw Carolina in the mix if the Watson situation is not resolved on Friday lol.

We'd most likely have to wait until the start of the new league year to push that one through because I'd have to imagine Jimmy would nix a trade to the Panthers before next Wednesday. 

And, if we're really trying to do right by Jimmy, then I see the Panthers as only a last resort.

6 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

We'd most likely have to wait until the start of the new league year to push that one through because I'd have to imagine Jimmy would nix a trade to the Panthers before next Wednesday. 

And, if we're really trying to do right by Jimmy, then I see the Panthers as only a last resort.

I may have missed it but do we know the teams Jimmy would approve?

19 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I may have missed it but do we know the teams Jimmy would approve?

I haven’t seen anything released, but we know he wants to go to a situation he can start and have a realistic chance to go to the playoffs. I’m sure QB-needy teams like the Panthers, Texans, and Commanders is/were on his no trade list. 

As mentioned before on here, his NTC is up next Wednesday, so they could realistically trade him to the highest bidder regardless of his preferences but we also know they want to do right by him. 

So in my opinion, his approved QB-needy teams would be NO, PIT, and IND. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

lol the original video....

The rams are going to sign him huh....

If they lost out on Von? Would make sense but not sure if they will have enough cap space to sign him and Von and OBJ and others. But yeah, the Rams weakness is in the middle so getting someone like Wagner would be big for them.

The Niners though? NOOOOPPEEEE!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Not sure, maybe they just haven't yet, would make no sense if they don't tender him.

According to Over The Cap, McKivitz is an ERFA. It is strange he wasn't tendered with the rest of the group. Maybe it will be announced today?

San Francisco 49ers

• DL Bilal Nichols
  • CB Desmond King
  • Edge Dante Fowler Jr.

If the 49ers lose D.J. Jones in free agency, Nichols might make sense as a replacement, and it seems likely that he will cost less. King has experience playing both nickel and outside and would give the 49ers another option in the secondary. Fowler had an 11.5-sack season with the Rams in 2019 but was not productive after signing a big contract with the Falcons. He could offer value on a one-year deal as he tries to get his career back on track.

From the Athletic, 3 FA fits. 

• Like 1