49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's do it! 

Not saying we aren't asking for a 2nd rounder because I'm sure we are, but I'm not feeling this Matt Lombardo guy. Is he reliable? 

No, not that I am aware of, but honestly, this is the first off season where I'm really hearing stuff from him. One of his reports was immediately shot down by Ben, but that doesn't mean a ton since he's supposedly just regurgitating stuff that he's told. 

Seems to have a big following though, so doesn't seem like he's totally talking out of his butt. 

The price point does sound realistic though. 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jimmy for Ahkello Witherspoon and a third? ok..jk!

Asking for a player seems a little weird, considering our cap situation. It will have to be someone relatively cheap.

Some guys I like that are under $2 mil against the 2022 cap:

• Kevin Dotson, G - Played with Elijah Mitchell at Louisiana, which uses a lot of Shanahan concepts
  • Alex Highsmith, EDGE - Up and coming pass rusher (swinging for the fences here)
  • Kendrick Green, C - One of the top rated centers in last year's draft class
  • James Pierre, CB - Potential quality depth at CB. Drafted in 2020.
  • Justin Layne, CB - Under performer and on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Cam Sutton, CB is also interesting, but he's $5.2mil against the cap. That might be a little too rich right now until we know how much money we have to play with.

Honestly, I'd take the 2nd and see if they can get a 4th or 5th as well. Maybe we kick in one of our 7ths to sweeten the deal a little. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Asking for a player seems a little weird, considering our cap situation. It will have to be someone relatively cheap.

Some guys I like that are under $2 mil against the 2022 cap:

• Kevin Dotson, G - Played with Elijah Mitchell at Louisiana, which uses a lot of Shanahan concepts
  • Alex Highsmith, EDGE - Up and coming pass rusher (swinging for the fences here)
  • Kendrick Green, C - One of the top rated centers in last year's draft class
  • James Pierre, CB - Potential quality depth at CB. Drafted in 2020.
  • Justin Layne, CB - Under performer and on the last year of his rookie deal. 

Cam Sutton, CB is also interesting, but he's $5.2mil against the cap. That might be a little too rich right now until we know how much money we have to play with.

Honestly, I'd take the 2nd and see if they can get a 4th or 5th as well. Maybe we kick in one of our 7ths to sweeten the deal a little. 

It's also the exact Alex Smith to Washington deal (3rd + youngish, upside player). 

If it's tampa, I'm asking for Darden (solves return issues) or Murphy Bunting. 

Pittsburgh I'd love Alex Highsmith, but I can't believe that would even be a thing. I want nothing to do with Layne, who is flat out  just awful. Kendrick Green was really bad this year for the Steelers, I think, but he's a fantastic fit in a ZBS type scheme, so that could make a ton of sense since we may be in need of a center? Give him a year to sit behind Mack, add some weight and have him ready to go 2023.  

Washington maybe we could ask for Dyami Brown or St Juste? Shaka Toney? 

Saints I would love to take back JT Gray. Elite special teams guy, that kind of great niche ability would be a great add for a move like this. After that though, I'm not sure what else there is. I don't know that Paulson Adebo is on the table...I could be wrong, but he was excellent last year if I'm not mistaken. Tre'quan Smith or Deonte Harris, maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's also the exact Alex Smith to Washington deal (3rd + youngish, upside player). 

If it's tampa, I'm asking for Darden (solves return issues) or Murphy Bunting. 

Pittsburgh I'd love Alex Highsmith, but I can't believe that would even be a thing. I want nothing to do with Layne, who is flat out  just awful. Kendrick Green was really bad this year for the Steelers, I think, but he's a fantastic fit in a ZBS type scheme, so that could make a ton of sense since we may be in need of a center? Give him a year to sit behind Mack, add some weight and have him ready to go 2023.  

Washington maybe we could ask for Dyami Brown or St Juste? Shaka Toney? 

Saints I would love to take back JT Gray. Elite special teams guy, that kind of great niche ability would be a great add for a move like this. After that though, I'm not sure what else there is. I don't know that Paulson Adebo is on the table...I could be wrong, but he was excellent last year if I'm not mistaken. Tre'quan Smith or Deonte Harris, maybe? 

Tampa - Yes to Darden and SMB. Both would be a fantastic return. Maybe we could get Tryon? He didn't do much this year, so maybe the shine isn't as bright right now.

Washington - Yes to all three, I was high on all three last year. John Bates is one of the better blocking TE's right now, so he would be of interest as well.

Saints - Deonte Harris would be awesome. He's a RFA, so we'd have to wait for him to re-sign before dealing for him, which probably means this dragging into free agency. Adebo shined too much last year for a team that desperately needs cheap contracts. I don't really like anyone else enough to trade for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Washington - Yes to all three, I was high on all three last year. John Bates is one of the better blocking TE's right now, so he would be of interest as well.

Actually had Bates included at first as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Actually had Bates included at first as well. 

As far as pick + player combo, I like Washington the best. But, would Shanahan feel ok with sending Jimmy to Washington? I'm sure there is some bad blood there.

Edited by NinerNation21