49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

So Lance IS working with Beck? Well, forget about bringing Beck in as the QB coach since he can coach Lance in the offseason lol. You make the biggest jumps in the offseason anyways, the QB coach is just really there to make sure you are looking at the right thing. Your QB mechanics aren't changing too much mid-season...Though Lance made clear improvements from week 5 to week 17 in that regard. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One possible disturbing thig I heard was that Deebo saying he's going to try to convince Lance to come work out with him in Florida and he will NOT come to California to work with Lance....When we all know that Lance will be working in LA. I guess Lance can still get some time with Deebo at some point but all the WRs should be coming to Lance....Aiyuk will be getting that work with Lance and they probably will start soon so expect their chemistry to be top notch next season. Basically, draft Aiyuk for your fantasy teams!!!

I understand your sentiment, but honestly I think it's more important for Deebo to keep the same offseason regimen that he had last year. He did get dinged up a bit this year, but for the most part was healthy through the season. I hope they can get some time together this offseason as well, but Deebo's health is paramount to us having an explosive offense next year. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I understand your sentiment, but honestly I think it's more important for Deebo to keep the same offseason regimen that he had last year. He did get dinged up a bit this year, but for the most part was healthy through the season. I hope they can get some time together this offseason as well, but Deebo's health is paramount to us having an explosive offense next year. 

I mean ultimately it's fine since they will have plenty of time to work together in OTAs, mini-camp, training camp etc. Just saying, that Aiyuk and a few others will be working out with him and Deebo will not unless Lance makes his way to Florida. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Lance IS working with Beck? Well, forget about bringing Beck in as the QB coach since he can coach Lance in the offseason lol. You make the biggest jumps in the offseason anyways, the QB coach is just really there to make sure you are looking at the right thing. Your QB mechanics aren't changing too much mid-season...Though Lance made clear improvements from week 5 to week 17 in that regard. 

The big thing is that means Lance is working with Tom House on improving his mechanics. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Matt Maiocco said at the end of today's pod that the 49ers are probably going to lose another important coach but didn't want to say who. Expect it to be Bobby Turner.

Yeah, I caught that as well. Wonder if Lynn will take over as the RB coach and the assistant coach? Will he also get the OC title? Lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I caught that as well. Wonder if Lynn will take over as the RB coach and the assistant coach? Will he also get the OC title? Lol. 

I do wonder if Kyle will name a OC. Wonder when they will release the names of the new coach promotion/hires. 

Brian Fleury is in his second season with the 49ers and first as an offensive quality control coach. He spent the 2019 season as a defensive quality control coach with the team. He joined San Francisco after spending the previous three years with the Miami Dolphins as the team's football research analyst (2016) and director of football research (2017-18).

Fleury joined Miami from the Cleveland Browns, where he was the team's outside linebackers coach in 2015 and assistant linebackers coach in 2014. In 2015, OLBs Armonty Bryant (5.5) and Christian Kirksey (3.5) set career highs in sacks. In his first season with the Browns, Fleury helped coach Paul Kruger to the most productive season of his career, as he set career highs in tackles (53), sacks (11.0) and forced fumbles (four). Kruger's 11.0 sacks tied for the fifth-most in team history at the time and were the most by a member of the Browns since 2006. In addition, the Browns finished second in the NFL with 21 interceptions, while also finishing tied for fourth in takeaways (29).

Prior to his time in Cleveland, Fleury spent the 2013 season as a quality control coach for the Buffalo Bills, working with the linebackers. He helped develop rookie LB Kiko Alonso, who registered 159 tackles, four interceptions, 2.0 sacks, four passes defensed, two fumble recoveries and one forced fumble and was named PFWA NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. The Bills set a franchise record with 57 sacks, the second-most in the NFL in 2013. Buffalo's defense also finished 10th in the NFL in total defense (333.4 yards per game).

First coach promotion so far.

Edited by 49erurtaza

45 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think Lynn could very well replace Turner, along with a young assistant, while also gameplanning for the running game and assisting Kyle in an OC-like job, along with a guy like Slowik. There's no urgency to name anyone OC. I think Kyle works a lot in a committee-like approach. He wants to call the plays, but he needs other coaches to provide ideas for the game plan. Slowik and Lynn should be integral in studying film and devising a plan, with Kyle applying the finishing touches and doing the playcalling. I think that's the best way to future-proof against losing coaches. You have several guys working together, with assistants learning under them. Slowik was that understudy still last year, and now he's becoming more important. Welker was an important position coach, as we've seen the development of Deebo, Aiyuk and Jennings, and Hankerson was there too, and I think we'll see him be promoted to WR coach to replace Welker. I think there's an added pressure to head coaching these days, where a head coach isn't only developing talent on the field, but also on the sideline. I think the better head coaches of the past did that too. Is it possible that the coaches who failed as HC simply weren't as committed to developing their assistants and tried to do too much by themselves? Can't be sure. But I'm pretty satisfied with the way Kyle has been handling his staff so far. We lost Saleh, and we did feel an impact early in the year, but because we had developed coaching talent there, the ship righted itself there. I don't remember the last time I felt this good about the competence of the coaching staff (probably when we had an all-star defensive staff in Fangio, Donatell and Tomsula).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah makes a ton of sense. Lower this year cap, extend him 3 more years. 

He's an underrated talent on the field, and he's culture setter in the locker room, in my opinion. He's kind of a no-brainer, for me. Then again, we traded Buckner, so who knows... we can only hope we learned from our mistakes...

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely would take a shot at him. Don't pick up Ebukam's option and let Koucerek go to work. 

And if Ford can go then great if not at least we will have a plan in place. Also can we keep AA inside? let DJ walk? tell Kinlaw that he'll be the new DJ?