49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Another one

I can't imagine the 49ers will be happy. Javi for sure is getting these from a player.

Or a coach….. Or some scout…. 

This had to have been towards the end of the season as that's when Al-Shaair was in awe of the throws Trey was making in practice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Another one

I can't imagine the 49ers will be happy. Javi for sure is getting these from a player.

So I had not seen all these clips since I was on my phone and for some reason these clips don't pop up...But lawd this pass was amazing. Aiyuk is no dummy, there is a reason he is staying close to Lance lol. But really these are the types of plays our passing game was missing. Lance will need to improve his underneath game and give the YAC monsters chances to make big plays.

Is Lance going to be perfect next season? Of course not, but he's going to keep flashing until the game slows down and then at that point, all bets are off.....

Some won't agree but it actually makes sense to let Tomlinson and Jones get big pay days elsewhere and trust your drafting and spend money on a top corner instead. We drafted Banks and Kinlaw early the last two years, they have to step up and give you good play. Draft another guard in the 2nd or 3rd round and have even more competition. Let Key get a big payday elsewhere and go sign another bargain free agent. Kocurek has gotten career years out of Ebukam, Key and Hyder the last two years. What does that say? I'm not going to bring up Jones because that man has ALWAYS been good but this is how good teams stay good for long periods of time. 

Basically, let those two go and go sign someone like Jackson or Gilmore and profit!!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Ward has been on the wrong end of a few of those throws...No wonder he had so much praise for Trey and said he can make Mahomes and Rodgers types of throws lol.

Now Trey needs to just work on his consistency and make sure he doesn't always just look for the big play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Some won't agree but it actually makes sense to let Tomlinson and Jones get big pay days elsewhere and trust your drafting and spend money on a top corner instead. We drafted Banks and Kinlaw early the last two years, they have to step up and give you good play. Draft another guard in the 2nd or 3rd round and have even more competition. Let Key get a big payday elsewhere and go sign another bargain free agent. Kocurek has gotten career years out of Ebukam, Key and Hyder the last two years. What does that say? I'm not going to bring up Jones because that man has ALWAYS been good but this is how good teams stay good for long periods of time. 

Basically, let those two go and go sign someone like Jackson or Gilmore and profit!!!!

I’m hoping for a top corner also. What will the price for Jackson or Gilmore be since the corner market isn’t the best? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The positional value of each of those guys honestly just sucks as well. That's a big problem. For Jones in particular, as you said, we have a strong history of developing guys (including Jones), which makes it even easier to move on. 1T and OG are both positions where I am perfectly fine paying for an elite talent (Martin / Nelson), but I don't know how much value there is in the middle ground contracts over the slightly replacement level vet. Add in the draft for guys to be on cheap deals with easier transitions than other positions (IE, transitioning from NCAA to NFL is easier at guard than it is at tackle, NT is easier than cornerback) and I think you have to take the latter just about every time. The goal should always be to have highly efficient value contracts and I just don't know that either of them provides that at their next deal (if we are getting in 10+ range). 

Really sucks, because it won't be easy to replace their actual performance if they bounce. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The positional value of each of those guys honestly just sucks as well. That's a big problem. For Jones in particular, as you said, we have a strong history of developing guys (including Jones), which makes it even easier to move on. 1T and OG are both positions where I am perfectly fine paying for an elite talent (Martin / Nelson), but I don't know how much value there is in the middle ground contracts over the slightly replacement level vet. Add in the draft for guys to be on cheap deals with easier transitions than other positions (IE, transitioning from NCAA to NFL is easier at guard than it is at tackle, NT is easier than cornerback) and I think you have to take the latter just about every time. The goal should always be to have highly efficient value contracts and I just don't know that either of them provides that at their next deal (if we are getting in 10+ range). 

Really sucks, because it won't be easy to replace their actual performance if they bounce. 

It won't, but if you get a top level cornerback and maybe less production at those two positions, it could still make the team better. The thing is our DL is going to be good regardless as long as AA/Bosa stay healthy. Jones was as big part of our DL but like you can't take Kinlaw at 14 and then pay Jones big money making Kinlaw a spot player. And I still think our run defense will be fine with Kinlaw.

Tomlinson has played well but don't you think some of that has to be due to playing next to Williams then Mack this season? Banks was drafted as a power guard that could move. With Lance, the run offense is going to slightly change, and I think that's why Lynn was brought in since he does have experience with the power run game. Having a trio of outside corners of Moseley/Thomas along with Jackson/Gilmore? That would be so good and I think that has a bigger impact than just giving Tomlinson 10M+ or giving Jones a big payday. My one concern with letting Tomlinson go is I think McGlinchey gets his second contract elsewhere as well...Then Mack is retiring soon...So from our 2021 OL, we will only have Williams and possibly Brunskill going forward? That's kind of scary but also why Banks cannot be a miss lol. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It’s funny you are saying this. It’s exactly how I feel as well. It’s just the fear because we will have to almost fill 4 positions (ultimately) on the oline. I don’t want to utilize too many rookies/2nd year players on our line and assume Trey will stay in the pocket. I would feel better if we are able to bring back Tomlinson, hopefully Mack doesn’t retire for at least one more year and draft his successor. Pray Banks can play the RG position, but I would imagine that’s why they initially got him for Tomlinson’s position. Or they will actually place Jaylon Moore at RG with Brunskill and I have no idea about RT. It would depend on how well McGlinchey is recovering. I don’t want us to use our 2nd round pick on a Tackle. 

Dline I definitely agree with no hesitation actually. I believe Jones is gone unless he literally tells us he wants to come back. Kinlaw I’ve heard is already dropping weight which is good for his knee(s). You still have one of the best, if not the best Dline coach, so continue to plug in play. Key is going to get paid elsewhere like u said. Hopefully we can bring in someone like Fowler on a one year prove it because the following year the cap is going up. Ball out, get a ring 😉 and get paid. Get a edge guy in the draft and maybe another big guy like Jones to play nose just in case Kinlaw isn’t healthy 🤞🏻

Corner please I need a vet. I don’t think we will draft one early personally because we took 2 last year and it’s always been difficult/lacking of us to take one in the draft minus Safety. I think we use our 2nd on a safety or edge. Like u mentioned Jackson or Gilmore. We definitely need a nickel. Bring back DJ Reed lol