49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Show me a guy who played LB for Washington in 2012, and I'll show you a candidate for LB coach.

I just looked it up, and honestly, London Fletcher would have been a pretty good coach, I think. But he's not coaching.

Other option : get someone from McDaniel's staff! We could take one, in retaliation, right? They have a Steve Ferentz. I assume he's related to Kirk. He should get George Kittle's approval.

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Warm-ups? We're talking warm-ups? Not the game?

This seriously has to be an all time low lol. The man came to a conclusion that Lance is not close to being ready by watching him warm up. Hoyer used to be a practice legend and I'm sure he looked good in warm ups...Too bad for him that Feely did not witness those practices or warm ups or else he would have hyped Hoyer up as the best QB in the league!! Hoyer would still be a starter in that case!!! 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This seriously has to be an all time low lol. The man came to a conclusion that Lance is not close to being ready by watching him warm up. Hoyer used to be a practice legend and I'm sure he looked good in warm ups...Too bad for him that Feely did not witness those practices or warm ups or else he would have hyped Hoyer up as the best QB in the league!! Hoyer would still be a starter in that case!!! 

Even worse, he said he'd be the last first round QB taken this year because of the warm ups. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Barrows thinks something between the two Alex Smith trades for Jimmy. Thinks Alex had more value in the first trade than Jimmy does now though

A second and a third seems fairly reasonable for Jimmy. Might even be a good deal for us.

Edited by jonnguy2015

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He also thinks Tomlinson is more likely to be back than DJ 

It's hard with DJ because you drafted Kinlaw top 15. You already know Armstead is a force inside and much better opposed to playing outside. Like you have to trust your evaluations and believe Kinlaw is going to be good. 

Tomlinson I'm iffy on just because he's likely to get 10M a year. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's hard with DJ because you drafted Kinlaw top 15. You already know Armstead is a force inside and much better opposed to playing outside. Like you have to trust your evaluations and believe Kinlaw is going to be good. 

Tomlinson I'm iffy on just because he's likely to get 10M a year. 

If he’s asking 10 million a year, I’m giving that to Laken…….above that is questionable

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly what he said. He couldn't see us paying him a lot for a guy that in a perfect world doesn't start for us. Says team is still a big believer in kinlaw

33 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

If he’s asking 10 million a year, I’m giving that to Laken…….above that is questionable

I'd be more inclined to pay Tomlinson over DJ for the simple fact of our success rate of identifying quality O-Lineman is less than stellar. Fairly confident we can let DJ walk and our D-Line wont skip a beat. We have proven that we can find DTs who thrive in our scheme. Have no idea what we have@OG if the our best one walks out the door, nor if we are capable of replacing his quality.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

10 should be around his market, I think

I’m pretty sure Brandon Scherff is the best guard available and his contract was projected at around 12.5 million per year, he has many more accolades than Tomlinson. 

if we can get Tomlinson back in the 8.5-10 million range, I’m all for it. Too many questions on the O-line to let him go

The biggest question on laken may be if we think banks can't play the right side and needs to be moved back to the left.  

There's a weird world where I could see us push banks to LG knowing Trent is there and then just setting a market for scherff for rg lol

But I'm so seriousness, if the team really thinks that a large part of banks' struggles last year came from the side, I could see them let laken walk and try to find a right guard

Just now, P_locniners said:

I’m pretty sure Brandon Scherff is the best guard available and his contract was projected at around 12.5 million per year, he has many more accolades than Tomlinson. 

if we can get Tomlinson back in the 8.5-10 million range, I’m all for it. Too many questions on the O-line to let him go

Scherff will set the market I have to imagine. If he gets less than 15, I'd be floored