49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

Breer said last year one of the reasons we made the big trade up was not just our love of the 2021 QB class (we had to have liked at least 3 prospects to be confident in that trade) but also how bad the 2022 QB class looked

I'm glad we're not in a position to need a QB from this draft class. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Breer said last year one of the reasons we made the big trade up was not just our love of the 2021 QB class (we had to have liked at least 3 prospects to be confident in that trade) but also how bad the 2022 QB class looked

Which puts in perspective if we made it to the NFC Championship didn't draft Lance what would the 49ers have done? Extend Jimmy G? Bank on trying to get Brady? Hope Arod forces the Packers to move him here?

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I made mention to this when the trade happened. Clearly the team's scouting department knew what was to be in store for 2022 and it was not good. 

Hoping a Jimmy trade is finalized this week so we can finally move on for good and will know our draft picks situation for this year. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I made mention to this when the trade happened. Clearly the team's scouting department knew what was to be in store for 2022 and it was not good. 

Hoping a Jimmy trade is finalized this week so we can finally move on for good and will know our draft picks situation for this year. 

Rodgers situation getting clearer & the entire league meeting at the combine should hopefully speed things up

Random, but after that comment Breer made, I went back to see if there any comments about the 2022 QB draft being bad and came across this on the day of the trade:

I bet they prefer Lance and I've stuck with that from the beginning. People were saying Mac Jones would be the guy Shanny wants but I didn't buy that. He was going to adjust his thinking a bit to see the way the NFL is going.

They are taking Lance and will sit Jimmy a year. No real need to get rid of Jimmy this season. Let him start, sit Lance and then move Jimmy after the season. 

Nailed It The Office GIF - Nailed It The Office Andy Bernard - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Random, but after that comment Breer made, I went back to see if there any comments about the 2022 QB draft being bad and came across this on the day of the trade:

Nailed It The Office GIF - Nailed It The Office Andy Bernard - Discover &  Share GIFs

I was a rock all last off season as well leading up to the draft and never wavered in my belief in who we were going to take. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was a rock all last off season as well leading up to the draft and never wavered in my belief in who we were going to take. 

I was all in on either Lance or Fields, I was so nervous though, all the talk of Mac at 3, which I like Mac, but to give up 2 future 1's for what is essentially Garoppolo, to me anyway, would have been crazy, Lance & Fields to me had/have the highest ceilings from the 2021 QB class.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I was all in on either Lance or Fields, I was so nervous though, all the talk of Mac at 3, which I like Mac, but to give up 2 future 1's for what is essentially Garoppolo, to me anyway, would have been crazy, Lance & Fields to me had/have the highest ceilings from the 2021 QB class.

I was Fields ---> Lance-------------------------------------------------------------------------> mac

But that said, I was a completely disaster last off season. I was posting on here like a crazy person. I seriously gave day to day percentages on who I felt would be the pick  lol .

Every day just about I was chanign my opinion on who i thought they were going to take. I was a nutjob during the entire lead up to the draft. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was Fields ---> Lance-------------------------------------------------------------------------> mac

But that said, I was a completely disaster last off season. I was posting on here like a crazy person. I seriously gave day to day percentages on who I felt would be the pick  lol .

Every day just about I was chanign my opinion on who i thought they were going to take. I was a nutjob during the entire lead up to the draft. 

I had close friends and family members asking me on who we were taking. I'd tell them there's no chance in he** that we were picking Mac Jones but deep down inside, I gave it a slim chance bc Shanahan is that damn crazy!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I had close friends and family members asking me on who we were taking. I'd tell them there's no chance in he** that we were picking Mac Jones but deep down inside, I gave it a slim chance bc Shanahan is that damn crazy!

I was sitting on my couch when we were on the clock, when Goodell came up said The 49ers select Trey Lance, I was like F*CK YEAH, I didn't want Mac at 3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yes one of my best bets I've don't putting money on Trey. Lol

I lost $600 betting on Fields. Time will tell how this all turns out, but I still would have felt great about Fields; that dude's arm is special. 

• Like 1