49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

49ers FO working Schefter hard to increase Jimmy's trade value lol. First telling him he may return and now saying there is "significant" interest for him. Stop it! Don't overplay your hand and get any sort of decent value you can for him.

A realistic offer is probably a 4th round pick. Lol 😆 how bad will that look.

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

A realistic offer is probably a 4th round pick. Lol 😆 how bad will that look.

I mean it is what it is. Getting something is better than getting nothing. It just made no sense to me why teams would give up significant compensation for someone who was guaranteed to be off the team by March 16. Then to top it off, he got hurt again at the end of the season.

Get a 3rd rounder and we are still in pretty good shape with four picks in the first three rounds. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it is what it is. Getting something is better than getting nothing. It just made no sense to me why teams would give up significant compensation for someone who was guaranteed to be off the team by March 16. Then to top it off, he got hurt again at the end of the season.

Get a 3rd rounder and we are still in pretty good shape with four picks in the first three rounds. 

It's hard to believe anyone would trust him as "the guy" to be honest. There is absolutely no reason to believe he will make it through 1 entire season, let alone multiple going forward. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

It's hard to believe anyone would trust him as "the guy" to be honest. There is absolutely no reason to believe he will make it through 1 entire season, let alone multiple going forward. 

Yup. Hes pretty much being acquired under the idea of being a bridge QB, I would have to think. He has the upside in terms of play to be more than that, but you can't rely on him being healthy to do so. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tim bringing it at 100mph during the ensuing conversation lol 

One thing I will say, folks underrate the value of a COMPETENT QB. Jimmy is certainly that and has winning qualities in money time (except in his two most important games lol). I asked last week, but go back the last few drafts and tell me how many 2nd rounders would have more value than Jimmy being a QB of a team for say three years? Not many. 

I think a 3rd rounder should be obtainable and that's the most they should expect. Anything more? Just a plus!

Schefty continues to get used by agents/GMs at an insane rate though. All this talk about Cohn being click bait? At least he admits it but Schefty has no shame in what he does on a daily basis lol.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

One thing I will say, folks underrate the value of a COMPETENT QB. Jimmy is certainly that and has winning qualities in money time (except in his two most important games lol). I asked last week, but go back the last few drafts and tell me how many 2nd rounders would have more value than Jimmy being a QB of a team for say three years? Not many. 

I think a 3rd rounder should be obtainable and that's the most they should expect. Anything more? Just a plus!

Schefty continues to get used by agents/GMs at an insane rate though. All this talk about Cohn being click bait? At least he admits it but Schefty has no shame in what he does on a daily basis lol.

Schefty let's them write it for him as well lol 😆 .

I doubt either team is "highly intrigued" by Jimmy but they just realize he could be the best option for what they need right now. 

Pittsburgh giving up a 2nd rounder for Jimmy is actually plausible...Can't see Washington giving up a top 10 2nd round pick though.