2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Man, what timing. Tyreek Hill was JUST available in a trade.

I mean to be fair they tried making the highest paid WR he just wanted even more. There are probably a hand full of other dudes who would have happily and deservingly taken that contract. 

This is the clip that the tweet is based off of. This doesn't scream some earth shattering deal on the horizon type of news to me. More like the Chiefs still are trying to acquire talent at WR. She said KC was calling around for WR then listed FA option then said ultimately: "the draft is a few weeks away".

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Guessing a third or fourth 

My guess would be a third as well. Giants beat reporter talked to team sources a few months ago and asked about what they thought Bradberry could get in a trade. The consensus was "a deal similar to what the Lions got for Darius Slay" (3rd + 5th). He also expects that if a team trades for Bradberry, they then extend him to both keep him longer term (he's only 28 and on the final year of his deal) and reduce his 2022 cap hit (about $13 mill). 

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The devil’s in the actual details: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/derek-carr-14445/

His guaranteed money was 40M at signing with another 30M for injury / vesting guarantees (team decides 1 year b4 to guarantee it).  It turned his deal into basically a year to year deal after 2 years.   Contrast that to Matt Stafford who signed the same year, got 50M at signing and another 40M in injury / vesting guarahtees for 90M total.  Even Rivers, who signed 2 years before Carr, got 25M at signing and 65M total.  

A year later Cousins fully guaranteed $ certainly changed the landscape.  But  guaranteed $ is what matters.   Even at day 1 Carr’s contract was incredibly team friendly.   Asking Carr to go for a similar team-friendly deal after his loyalty right after chasing Adams, seems like a big ask.   I’d expect they have to concede more than Carr here (but I do expect they’ll do that & get an extension done).   

It's also important to remember that the Raiders were in Oakland when Carr signed his deal and Mark Davis was the most cash strapped owner in the league at the time. One of the main reasons that the Raiders missed out on a bunch of free agents was because we couldn't offer the same signing bonuses that other teams could. Stafford signed his deal a couple of months after Carr had reset the market and was the former #1 overall pick. 

When we gave Carr his deal he was also coming off of a broken leg and had only had one really high end season. 

Carr should get like a 3 yr/$105M deal, most of it guaranteed. If he asks for more than that then it may be time to move on.

30 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

This is the clip that the tweet is based off of. This doesn't scream some earth shattering deal on the horizon type of news to me. More like the Chiefs still are trying to acquire talent at WR. She said KC was calling around for WR then listed FA option then said ultimately: "the draft is a few weeks away".

The Chiefs should trade for Kadarius Toney.

2 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Didn't Bradberry struggle last year for the Giants? I would rather sign Gilmore to a 1 year deal.

There was a perception of that amongst some people, but no. He wasn't as good last year as he was in 2020 when he was a pro bowler and one of the most lockdown corners in the league, but he was still very good. 

He's the only player in the NFL with 17+ PDs each of the last 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs should trade for Kadarius Toney.

I'd be for it, he definitely has some of that Tyreek Hill shiftiness/quickness 

Edit: I doubt we'd give up a 1 for him tho and that's probably what it would take, maybe?

Edited by Chiefs_5627

17 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'd be for it, he definitely has some of that Tyreek Hill shiftiness/quickness 

Edit: I doubt we'd give up a 1 for him tho and that's probably what it would take, maybe?

If NYG is willing to trade him for less than a first at this point, I’d consider that a red flag. Guy’s so explosive but he’s had his question marks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If NYG is willing to trade him for less than a first at this point, I’d consider that a red flag. Guy’s so explosive but he’s had his question marks.

He got hurt but even when he was healthy they just refused to get him the ball.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He got hurt but even when he was healthy they just refused to get him the ball.

New coach, so not being used last year isn’t that relevant. 

New GM already said he considers Toney un-tradeable. 

With all these things in mind, Toney being team/cost controlled for 4 more years, and him also being NYG’s most explosive player - if he’s traded for less than a first, I’d consider that a red flag on him. Character, work ethic, coachability, long term medical, something. 

That, or extreme incompetence. Which you can’t really rule out.

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

New coach, so not being used last year isn’t that relevant. 

New GM already said he considers Toney un-tradeable. 

With all these things in mind, Toney being team/cost controlled for 4 more years, and him also being NYG’s most explosive player - if he’s traded for less than a first, I’d consider that a red flag on him. Character, work ethic, coachability, long term medical, something. 

That, or extreme incompetence. Which you can’t really rule out.

Toney only had 420 yards last season, how many players have 420 yards and get traded for a 1st round pick? Hell the Texans didn't even get a first for Hopkins who was arguably the best WR in the league at the time of the deal, lol.