2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I would even say as high as $35m/yr GTD if its with the stupid niners. 

That's WRB1, just hand the man a blank check. I wonder if the impending Lance takeover is one of the reasons that he's in a hurry to get a new deal? In the two games he played with Lance he only caught 6/15 targets and had 8 carries for 32 yards. With a less accurate passer who is more dynamic on the ground, his production could drop in both areas.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That's WRB1, just hand the man a blank check. I wonder if the impending Lance takeover is one of the reasons that he's in a hurry to get a new deal? In the two games he played with Lance he only caught 6/15 targets and had 8 carries for 32 yards. With a less accurate passer who is more dynamic on the ground, his production could drop in both areas.

Better sign him quick then

5 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

His potential lack of development is probably why Deebo wants paid now

Edit: you were agreeing with me, lol. But yeah if Lance is shaky and Deebo doesn't produce that number is coming down for sure. 

Edited by NYRaider

13 hours ago, Duluther said:

NVRamsFan has been more annoying than rammy since at least this past season. Rammy has chilled out a bit.

hahaha I stopped posting stats about Rams in the notable stats thread. I know it's annoying to have a Rams fan post things about his own team. Aside from there I post a handful of times a week. Seems to be too much though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

His potential lack of development is probably why Deebo wants paid now

I think Deebo just wants to get paid now because Deebo wants to get paid now. He's been playing on a second round contract so he hasn't made a ton and there's a good chance that we just saw the best season he'll ever have and his value will never be higher, especially for a guy who has been frequently hurt throughout his career. Even if Lance is terrible, Deebo would still be fine. Its not like Jimmy was lighting it up...Deebo's value was from breaking off huge yards after the catch on some pretty simple passes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Deebo just wants to get paid now because Deebo wants to get paid now. He's been playing on a second round contract so he hasn't made a ton and there's a good chance that we just saw the best season he'll ever have and his value will never be higher, especially for a guy who has been frequently hurt throughout his career. Even if Lance is terrible, Deebo would still be fine. Its not like Jimmy was lighting it up...Deebo's value was from breaking off huge yards after the catch on some pretty simple passes. 

We should just go yolo mode and trade for him too.

Deebo deserves to get paid and I honestly think he's in the best team for his skillset. Although, saying that, we don't know what Shanahan plans to do with Lance, because he's completely different to Jimmy G, so I do think that and Deebo's playing style has led to him to bang the table for his deal now. 

I can't blame him. I do think Shanahan will work out what the Niners are going to look like under Lance and make a decision. I doubt he's going to get a contract or be traded any time soon though. 

Edited by DerbyRam

3 minutes ago, DerbyRam said:

Deebo deserves to get paid and I honestly think he's in the best team for his skillset. Although, saying that, we don't know what Shanahan plans to do with Lance, because he's completely different to Jimmy G, so I do think that and Deebo's playing style has led to him to bang the table for his deal now. 

I can't blame him. I do think Shanahan will work out what the Niners are going to look like under Lance and make a decision. I doubt he's going to get a contract or be traded any time soon though. 

In theory though Lance's superior arm talent should open up the playbook, IIRC he threw like a 75 yard missile for a TD to Deebo during a game last season. I just don't think that very many players like to play on the last year of their deal with 0 GTD money going forward, especially an ascending star that has never gotten paid.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Number is inflated because of Adams, Hill, and Hopkins. Only 3 WRs in the NFL that are making more than $23M APY.

There are outliers to most every position though but yes those three are very high. Two out the top three RB and they fall to last.