2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah there's surely no way Jimmy goes there for a rental. He'll want a decent contract somewhere

I don't know who would give him a real multi year deal at this point. Nor am I sure why you would given his injuries and the fact that he's still recovering. If anyone gave him a multi year deal, I'd assume that it's ostensibly set up as a one year deal that gives the team options year by year after that. Honestly, wouldn't be all that different than how is deal was set up this time. The deal the 49ers gave him was really just a 2 year deal that had team options for the next 3.

To be clear I never said JG was getting a multi-year long term contract from Seattle or anyone else in 2022. However there's ZERO CHANCE he remains the Browns QB after 2022. 

If he balled out in Seattle,  there's at least a shot he could remain, be signed to an extension. If not, then moves on to FA.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

Jimmy will come to Cleveland and hold the yacht down till Deshaun returns. Up his value and will be a great backup QB during our playoff run. Then he can leave during the offseason with a nice deal, and we'll get a future comp pick for his services. 

I'm totally down. He's at least as good as Baker. AT LEAST 

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Jimmy will come to Cleveland and hold the yacht down till Deshaun returns. Up his value and will be a great backup QB during our playoff run. Then he can leave during the offseason with a nice deal, and we'll get a future comp pick for his services. 

I'm totally down. He's at least as good as Baker. AT LEAST 

Whole lot of assumptions here. 

Make the playoffs in the AFC

Watson returned for said playoffs.

JG got them there, Watson sat ALL year, but starts instead?

Love the optimism though

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Whole lot of assumptions here. 

Make the playoffs in the AFC

Watson returned for said playoffs.

JG got them there, Watson sat ALL year, but starts instead?

Love the optimism though

Yeah absolutely Watson would start over Jimmy G once he comes back. No question as long as Watson's healthy he'll have 3 weeks I think to come back to the team and get re acclimated. He'd be fine. 

Not saying this is exactly whats going to happen. I don't have a crystal ball, but its definitely within reason. The Browns are stacked which is why I believe the rest of the NFL doesn't want to see Watson this year. Jimmy could win a Superbowl straight up with this team. We just need another receiver, which I do think we'll get once Deshaun's true suspension is finally decided. 

9 hours ago, SkippyX said:

If Jimmy goes to Seattle he can air it out to Metcalf and Lockett all year and prove to people he can be that 4500+ 30+ QB. They won't win much but it probably gets him another gig. He'd also avoid a loaded AFC.

Jimmy isn't going to tremendously change his value if he pads his stats on a bad team when there's a huge sample size/a ton of tape of him in SF being a game manager, lol.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't know who would give him a real multi year deal at this point. Nor am I sure why you would given his injuries and the fact that he's still recovering. If anyone gave him a multi year deal, I'd assume that it's ostensibly set up as a one year deal that gives the team options year by year after that. Honestly, wouldn't be all that different than how is deal was set up this time. The deal the 49ers gave him was really just a 2 year deal that had team options for the next 3.

I agree with all that, I was looking at it from his stand point. Given his age and his career so far. I’m not saying I would give him a contract but I think that’s what he’d be after. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

If I were him I'm 100% taking Cleveland over Seattle every time. 

There's not reason for either team to give him a multi year deal. If I were him I'm expecting a single year deal no matter where I go and that is what I would be looking for anyway. Then put yourself back on the market next year when there were be quite a few more teams in the market for a quarterback. Cleveland,  that system (one he is pretty familiar with), that defense and that run game gives him the best opportunity to make himself look like a good buy next year. 

In seattle I still have no faith in the line, and while DK and Lockett are great, they don't exactly mesh well with Jimmy's skillset given he never throws deep. 

Cleveland's offense is tailor made for Jimmy.