2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Not happening 

What's not happening? 

The Jets not surrounding the kid QB in your Avatar with A+ weapons like Cincinnati did for Joe Burrow or KC did for Patrick Mahomes or Dallas did for Dak Prescott or how the Bills did for Josh Allen? 

You're mistaken if you think Joe Douglas isn't attacking both big name FA WR and top tier WR draft prospect this offseason. 

Because he didn't draft Zach Wilson #2 overall last year for nothing. 

And if Joe Douglas does to Zach Wilson what Mike Maccagnan did to Sam Darnold? And if Zach Wilson busts due to a lack of weapons? Joe Douglas is FIRED. 

People around here acting like and pretending as if we didn't just go 4-13 last year while Corey Davis himself had a disappointing season for us is pretty comical  🤭🤣😂🤭😆

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Corey Davis was not signed as a stop gap. Please stop.

Corey Davis can be cut and released for a $10.5M cap savings next offseason and "Corey Davis" isn't going to prevent nor stop Joe Douglas from going guns blazing throughout both FA and the 1st round in order to attack WR for a QB he just drafted #2 overall last year. 

Please stop. 

29 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Corey Davis is good I don't know why you think he is the issue. He has WR1 upside that isn't reached, but he is a realistically pretty great WR2 when healthy.

You're talking "Corey Davis" and I'm talking about last years #2 overall draft pick ZACH WILSON (there's a, difference). 

I'm building around Zach Wilson not "Corey Davis" dude. 

And only a misinformed fan would pick "Corey Davis" over the likes of Davante Adams/Amari Cooper (FA) and/or a future superstar 6'5 WR in Drake London (1st round) who led the entire Country in Receptions per game with 88 catches (despite only 8 games).

News Flash: Jets haven't drafted a 1st round WR since dating back to 1996 Keyshawn Johnson and 2001 Santana Moss of 26 and 21 years ago within a Pass Happy Offensive Driven League and people wonder why the Jets haven't featured an elite Franchise QB since dating back to #12 Joe Willie white shoes wearing Namath of the 1960s? 

Thankfully our new GM Joe Douglas isn't stupid and will build around Zach Wilson and like never before too. 

News Flash: Corey Davis or no Corey Davis my Jets receivers last year ranked...

19th in WR Receiving Yards. 

20th in WR Catches. 

28th in TD Receptions. 

28th in WR Rating. 

29th in Catch Rate Percentage.

News Flash: Our GM Joe Douglas isn't stupid and he's going to pour every ounce of effort into making sure he surrounds Zach Wilson (his Prized #2 Overall QB from last years draft) with A+ fire power @ all 3 Offensive Positions @ WR/O-Line/TE this up coming Offseason and he's not going to let "Corey Davis" stop him from doing so either.

Elijah Moore was a great start @ WR and JD is going to sign big name 1 FA and draft 1 big time WR prospect I'm order to give Zach Wilson an elite trio of WRs moving forward (Corey Davis or not). 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Oh man, thank you. We’ve been needing a Jets voice of reason for the last few days…

He's an awesome passionate Jets fan but he's not the voice of our Jets fan base. And he doesn't speak for us all (and neither do I). 

But just go to our Jets forum and read about all of the WR crazed and WR starved fan base who's all raving about A.) Big name FA WRs and B.) 1st round WR mock picks. 

If you think I'm the "only" Jets fan dreaming of upgrading @ both WR/TE and in a major way I'm sorry but you're sadly, mistaken. 

20 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You're talking "Corey Davis" and I'm talking about last years #2 overall draft pick ZACH WILSON (there's a, difference). 

I'm building around Zach Wilson not "Corey Davis" dude. 

And only a misinformed fan would pick "Corey Davis" over the likes of Davante Adams/Amari Cooper (FA) and/or a future superstar 6'5 WR in Drake London (1st round) who led the entire Country in Receptions per game with 88 catches (despite only 8 games).

News Flash: Jets haven't drafted a 1st round WR since dating back to 1996 Keyshawn Johnson and 2001 Santana Moss of 26 and 21 years ago within a Pass Happy Offensive Driven League and people wonder why the Jets haven't featured an elite Franchise QB since dating back to #12 Joe Willie white shoes wearing Namath of the 1960s? 

Thankfully our new GM Joe Douglas isn't stupid and will build around Zach Wilson and like never before too. 

News Flash: Corey Davis or no Corey Davis my Jets receivers last year ranked...

19th in WR Receiving Yards. 

20th in WR Catches. 

28th in TD Receptions. 

28th in WR Rating. 

29th in Catch Rate Percentage.

News Flash: Our GM Joe Douglas isn't stupid and he's going to pour every ounce of effort into making sure he surrounds Zach Wilson (his Prized #2 Overall QB from last years draft) with A+ fire power @ all 3 Offensive Positions @ WR/O-Line/TE this up coming Offseason and he's not going to let "Corey Davis" stop him from doing so either.

Elijah Moore was a great start @ WR and JD is going to sign big name 1 FA and draft 1 big time WR prospect I'm order to give Zach Wilson an elite trio of WRs moving forward (Corey Davis or not). 

There's a lot in this post so I'm only responding to parts and if I respond to the wrong parts feel free to it back with just the specific part you want responded to. Corey Davis was the #5 overall pick in 2017 and is 27, hitting his prime. Amari is amazing and if you trade for him that's awesome. Amari and Corey (w/Elijah Moore) would be a top WR group in the NFL, especially for an unproven QB. Adding another first round WR would be overkill. Mekhi Becton is coming off injury, George Fant I assume is coming off injury because he always is. You have an aight center and a potentially great young guard. Get someone like Ikem Ekwonu or Charles Cross  depending on if you want to emphasize run game or pass game with one of the firsts and then hit up defense with the other first. Linderbaum with the 10th if you want that too. Imagine Charles Cross + Linderbaum:

LT: Cross LG: Vera Tucker OC: Linderbaum RG: McGovern/Feeny RT: Becton off injury/Fant

Then you could actually protect Wilson. Or leave McGovern at center and take Cross/Ekwonu and a whatever defensive prospect is top at either pick. Hamilton, Kayvon, maybe a riser if it's the 10th pick (Travon Walker? Jermaine Johnson?) whatever. That's way more bang for your buck snap wise over replacement than trading for Amari and taking London. Davis has the athletic profile to be huge in that offense. He also blocks with effort. When healthy Corey Davis was a good fit and Wilson would lock on. If Davis fails to launch you can move on next year and replace him, but no need right now. Protect your QB and build a defense so guys like Quinnen, Franklin Meyers and if he returns as good as his potential was Carl Lawson take off and Saleh's defense can function.  If you landed Amari he's 100+ targets, Davis can be close to 100 targets and be successful, Elijah Moore will be 100 targets as well. There isn't a need for London at that point, but I could see it if you don't get someone like Amari... but then Corey Davis is still the number 1 at least initially.

1. Kyle Hamilton  1. Charles Cross 2. Travon Walker 2. Trey McBride

with Amari Cooper (Davante Adams is getting tagged) on like a trade for a 3rd (pick 69) would be a huge boon for New York.

QB: Zach Wilson
RB: Michael Carter
WR: Amari Cooper (trade pick 69 to DAL)
WR: Corey Davis
Slot: Elijah Moore
TE: Trey McBride (2)
LT: Charles Cross (1)
LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker
OC: Connor McGovern
RG: James Daniels in FA?
RT: Mechi Becton

DE: Carl Lawson
DT: Quinnen Williams
DT: John Franklin-Meyers
DE: Travon Walker (2)
SLB: Quincy Williams?
MLB: CJ Mosley
WLB: Hamsah Nasirildeen?
CB: Donte Jackson in FA?
CB: Bryce Hall
S: Ashtyn Davis
S: Kyle Hamilton (1)

I think that's roughly using the amount of money the Jets have available. It looks like a pretty good team to me as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What about Denzel Mims?

I never wanted Denzel Mims to begin with because just about my entire fan base was pounding our fists on the table for 6'4 Chase Claypool out of Notre Dame but unfortunately we passed on him for a WR out of Baylor (Denzel Mims).

Denzel Mims first two years (combined):

20 games. 

67 targets.

46.3% catch rate percentage

31 receptions.

490 receiving yards.

64.9 Receiver Rating.

0 career TDs. 

Denzel Mims is a big time reason why we're going to draft a 1st round WR; because he's absolutely horrible. 

Elijah Moore despite only 11 games played (9 fewer than Denzel Mims) during just his Rookie season alone last year has Denzel Mims beat within every WR statistical category known to man kind ala 77 targets, 55.8 catch rate percentage, 43 receptions, 592 yards, 77.7 Receiver Rating and 6 TD.

And unlike Denzel Mims, Elijah Moore continued to improve because during his final 6 games of his Rookie season last year he was impossible to stop (dominant) and during his final 6 games of his Rookie season last year he put up top 5 NFL WR production (he was unstoppable).

Zach Wilson needs another Elijah Moore (not another Denzel Mims).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

He's an awesome passionate Jets fan but he's not the voice of our Jets fan base. And he doesn't speak for us all (and neither do I). 

But just go to our Jets forum and read about all of the WR crazed and WR starved fan base who's all raving about A.) Big name FA WRs and B.) 1st round WR mock picks. 

If you think I'm the "only" Jets fan dreaming of upgrading @ both WR/TE and in a major way I'm sorry but you're sadly, mistaken. 

The fact that you think he's referring to this Jets fan as" the voice of the Jets fan base" as opposed to a breath of fresh air after having to deal with your nonsensical posts of formulated opinions on subjects to which you have no understanding or ability to comprehend is crazy. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

There's a lot in this post so I'm only responding to parts and if I respond to the wrong parts feel free to it back with just the specific part you want responded to. Corey Davis was the #5 overall pick in 2017 and is 27, hitting his prime. Amari is amazing and if you trade for him that's awesome. Amari and Corey (w/Elijah Moore) would be a top WR group in the NFL, especially for an unproven QB. Adding another first round WR would be overkill. Mekhi Becton is coming off injury, George Fant I assume is coming off injury because he always is. You have an aight center and a potentially great young guard. Get someone like Ikem Ekwonu or Charles Cross  depending on if you want to emphasize run game or pass game with one of the firsts and then hit up defense with the other first. Linderbaum with the 10th if you want that too. Imagine Charles Cross + Linderbaum:

LT: Cross LG: Vera Tucker OC: Linderbaum RG: McGovern/Feeny RT: Becton off injury/Fant

Then you could actually protect Wilson. Or leave McGovern at center and take Cross/Ekwonu and a whatever defensive prospect is top at either pick. Hamilton, Kayvon, maybe a riser if it's the 10th pick (Travon Walker? Jermaine Johnson?) whatever. That's way more bang for your buck snap wise over replacement than trading for Amari and taking London. Davis has the athletic profile to be huge in that offense. He also blocks with effort. When healthy Corey Davis was a good fit and Wilson would lock on. If Davis fails to launch you can move on next year and replace him, but no need right now. Protect your QB and build a defense so guys like Quinnen, Franklin Meyers and if he returns as good as his potential was Carl Lawson take off and Saleh's defense can function.  If you landed Amari he's 100+ targets, Davis can be close to 100 targets and be successful, Elijah Moore will be 100 targets as well. There isn't a need for London at that point, but I could see it if you don't get someone like Amari... but then Corey Davis is still the number 1 at least initially.

1. Kyle Hamilton  1. Charles Cross 2. Travon Walker 2. Trey McBride

with Amari Cooper (Davante Adams is getting tagged) on like a trade for a 3rd (pick 69) would be a huge boon for New York.

QB: Zach Wilson
RB: Michael Carter
WR: Amari Cooper (trade pick 69 to DAL)
WR: Corey Davis
Slot: Elijah Moore
TE: Trey McBride (2)
LT: Charles Cross (1)
LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker
OC: Connor McGovern
RG: James Daniels in FA?
RT: Mechi Becton

DE: Carl Lawson
DT: Quinnen Williams
DT: John Franklin-Meyers
DE: Travon Walker (2)
SLB: Quincy Williams?
MLB: CJ Mosley
WLB: Hamsah Nasirildeen?
CB: Donte Jackson in FA?
CB: Bryce Hall
S: Ashtyn Davis
S: Kyle Hamilton (1)

I think that's roughly using the amount of money the Jets have available. It looks like a pretty good team to me as well.

Good post but I disagree with Drake London not being a need for us. He's a big time need for Zach Wilson.

Because my Franchise haven't drafted a big 6'4-6'5 physical WR and true outside #1 WR since dating back to Keyshawn Johnson of 26 years ago and our Offenses has suffered (especially our QBs) because of it. 

If Drake London is available #10 overall there is no way Joe Douglas is passing on him (regardless of which FA WR we sign).

In regards to Free Agency?

I wouldn't trade away any of our draft capital for Amari Cooper because he's getting released to begin with. And even if Amari Cooper signs with someone else there's always other options like Davante Adams (possibly), Chris Godwin and Allen Robinson etc we're going to land a big time FA WR; just too much available Salary Cap Space not to (with Zach Wilson in the line here). 

14 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

The fact that you think he's referring to this Jets fan as" the voice of the Jets fan base" as opposed to a breath of fresh air after having to deal with your nonsensical posts of formulated opinions on subjects to which you have no understanding or ability to comprehend is crazy. 

Yup. 

I want Dalton Schultz and/or TE Trey McBride (90% of our Jets fan base does). 

I want a big name top tier FA WR (90% of our Jets fan base does). 

I want a 1st round WR #10 overall (90% of our fan base does).

I want Zach Wilson to have A+ weapons (100% of my fan base does).

"nonsensical posts of formulated opinions on subjects to which you have no understanding or ability to comprehend is crazy". 

I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt because my Jets are fully loaded in 2022 Available Salary Cap Space (top 5), even more fully loaded in 2023 available Salary Cap Space + 2022's #1 ranked and rated upcoming Draft Capital with 4 (premium) picks within just the top 38 draft slots (+ 5 more draft picks rounds 3-5 with one 3rd, two 4ths and two 5ths);

And I'm enjoying our offseason it's going to be crazy fun for our Jets fan base and fans such as yourself can't tame my enthusiasm (regardless of how hard you try).

Understood? Okay. Good. 

Fans of the Cowboys/Packers/Saints may not be able to dream big in FA but this Jets fan (me) can. 

Understood? Okay. Good. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Again, this thread is for current offseason player movement (trades and free agency) rumors. 

Lets keep it to that. 

Ok sorry. 

I've just read lots of rumors of the Jets having their eyes on Dalton Schultz TE + big name FA WRs too and it's got me fired up. 

But I don't appreciate remarks such as "nonsensical posts of formulated opinions on subjects to which you have no understanding or ability to comprehend is crazy" when all I've done is share my offseason opinions of my favorite team while talking 🏈 @ the same time. 

11 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yup. 

I want Dalton Schultz (90% of my Jets fan base does). 

I want a big name top tier FA WR (90% of my Jets fan base does). 

I want a 1st round WR #10 overall (90% of my fan base does).

I want Zach Wilson to have A+ weapons (100% of my fan base does).

"nonsensical posts of formulated opinions on subjects to which you have no understanding or ability to comprehend is crazy". 

I'll take what you have to say with a grain of salt. 

I don't think Jets fans want to spend a lot in FA or trade for a top WR, then also draft on at 10. I think it's more either or. Ditto TE in FA (Schultz/Gesicki) and drafting one in round 2/3 like Trey McBride (I think if they invest before draft then later TEs in a deep class are the target, where a redemption TE before draft like Howard or Njoku could be paired with a McBride or whatever earlier). The Jets need to invest in defense pretty significantly as well and you can't over do the weapons, they need addressed but not hammered. Teams that keep hitting the same positions over and over don't necessarily field a good position group. Panthers had Donte Jackson, drafted Horn, traded for CJ Henderson and traded for Gilmore. Their defense started hot, but fell off. Need to create a vision and invest all over and build something worth fielding. Corey Davis isn't the issue unless he gets hurt this year, then you move on. The defense and offensive lines need help ASAP, but Wilson needs at least one FA/trade at TE or WR then one more to help with one of the first four picks. You can't spend in FA and draft top 10 and have spent top FA money last year. That's just a waste unless you are fielding 4 WRs and passing every play because you punted defense and just want Zach Wilson to finish they year with a Jameis Winston stat line.

a) Amari in a trade
b) James Daniels in FA as a RG/C
c) Donte Jackson for CB1 in FA
d) Dalton Schultz or Mike Gesicki in FA

I could see those moves, but it is super optimistic that a WR like Adams or Cooper would hit FA and choose the Jets and then the Jets continue to suck targets from the new prize FA.

Edited by Trojan