2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That would be a great signing for the Chargers.

Richard Sherman said on his podcast that he thought Gilmore was going to head out west. He thought Seattle / SF, but obviously the Chargers fit in there as well and they certainly have a need. 

The 49ers have been tied to lower tier free agents. Charvarius WArd is the name that popped up linked the 49ers most recently.. I need to ask Chiefs fans what he's like. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like the Raiders are eyeing a Crosby extension.

They really want to get that in before Bosa gets his. The expectation is that Bosa will hit 30 per year, so getting that Crosby deal done  before / after could be the difference between a couple of million per season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Richard Sherman said on his podcast that he thought Gilmore was going to head out west. He thought Seattle / SF, but obviously the Chargers fit in there as well and they certainly have a need. 

The 49ers have been tied to lower tier free agents. Charvarius WArd is the name that popped up linked the 49ers most recently.. I need to ask Chiefs fans what he's like. 

You'll get drastically different opinions depending on the Chiefs fan. One poster in particular in the KC forum despises the man. I think he's underrated, and is a valuable piece at the right scheme and price. Reminds me a bit of how Brandon Carr was when he was here. He's more fast than shifty, so he's really stuck as a boundary corner. You don't want him in the slot, at all. He's also much better at sticking to his man than he is at making a play on the ball. So some games he winds up being shut down, because he's pretty consistently on his guy. But then it can get real ugly against, say, Burrow and Chase, where they'll take those one on one shots. Ward was always on Chase, but never won at the point of catch. But he really doesn't get purely beat or burned often at all. He's a pretty reliable tackler. Not great or aggressive, but steady.

If he gets signed by a team that wants to move him around the field, have him cover shifty guys inside and out, he's screwed. If he winds up in a similar place to here, playing a decent amount of man, some cover 3, some zone help on in breaking routes, he's an asset. He shouldn't be paid like a premier guy, though. He's a piece of a good secondary, but not a centerpiece.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

We finally agree on something.

If DC gets even mediocre QB play they could easily be a 10-13 win team. The rest of the team is really solid, unfortunately. 

I have no idea on their D. It was great in 2020 (4/2) and really bad in 2021 (25/22)

The offense was terrible both years and they won 7 games both years.

They do have lots of talent on that D-line for sure.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Was this expected?

Their cap is funky so they have to maneuver.  

He could be a voidable year and restructure guy but if they feel like Parsons is their 20m pass rusher in a few years then maybe they don't think they can keep Lawrence around?

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Was this expected?

Its interesting if only because it doesn't really save them a ton of money. Its like 8 million. 

There were definitely a lot of guys and a lot of choices that were going to have to be made, but I find it interesting that they are basically just burning it down in some instances. 

This was always going to be an off season of choices, so I'm certainly greatly surprised by the news, but it also wouldn't have been one fo the first things I thought they would do (while also moving on from Cooper, I should say) 

The whole Watson deal hinges on the Houston DA wrapping up their grand jury.

Watson is going to laugh at the turd representing the civil plaintiffs if he tries to depose him before that happens.

Judges can schedule Watson pleading the 5th in civil depositions any day they want before that happens.

Its backwards in this case because the civil case came well before any criminal complaints.

Guys like Cooper and Lawrence should not take pay cuts.

They can go back to Dallas at that lower rate after the other 31 teams have a chance to pay them more.

Pay cuts are for 35 year old guys hanging on at the end.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Was this expected?

Nope. 

I've been telling everyone Dallas Cowboys are in absolute Salary Cap Hell and can't afford their own player's for going on 1 month now. 

I've even predicted two weeks ago that Dallas will lose all 3 of Amari Cooper, Dalton Schultz and DeMarcus Lawrence because of it. 

And I was laughed @. 

People told me salary cap is fake and Dallas can "afford" to keep everyone and/or Dallas isn't in absolute Salary Cap Hell. 

Well. 

Now? They're forced to low ball their own impactful players (salary cap hell says, hello).

And once Dallas is forced to lose all 3 of Amari Cooper/Dalton Schultz/DeMarcus Lawrence?

It'll then become me who's... 

Happy New Year Reaction GIF

I bet they have a hard time brining back Michael Gallup too (I wouldn't mind going 3/4 thought).

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

People told me salary cap is fake and Dallas can "afford" to keep everyone and/or Dallas isn't in absolute Salary Cap Hell. 

Don't confuse the idea that they wouldn't do something with the idea that they couldn't. 

They are nowhere near what I would term salary cap hell just based on a cursory glance of salaries and where they stand, but decisions certainly had to be made. I haven't looked into their cap situation in its entirety, and I would have let Schultz go regardless, but I guarantee I could have made a lot of this stuff work with just finagling the numbers. 

They are choosing not to push money into the future, which is interesting. Sort of the anti Saints. 

• Like 3