Week 9 GDT

mcmurtry86

14 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Also Im not sure why people here think we (Eagles fans) are some huge homers who constantly pimp our team....

I mean have you ever been to our forum?Honestly?

NFL Gen is the type of place where if someone says something completely inaccurate about your favorite team and you defend them you become a homer. This leads to overstatements and feelings of frustration that shouldn't exist, but everyone has a bias one way or another.

In our forum it feels more balanced because the counter arguments are less ridiculous and more factual(we obviously know our team better than other fans as we watch them the most). So while it feels like we aren't massive homers cause we still slam our team in our forum, the overreactions in Gen make it look like we are, whether they are true or not. 

Also, a lot of Gen's posters aren't as blessed as we are to have such a massive following in their respective home forums, so they don't get the same experience we do, and therefore all they see is us constantly defending/pimping our team in Gen so they draw conclusions based on their observations. Fair enough to an extent, even though it isn't correct.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

NFL Gen is the type of place where if someone says something completely inaccurate about your favorite team and you defend them you become a homer. This leads to overstatements and feelings of frustration that shouldn't exist, but everyone has a bias one way or another.

Ha, can vouch. Wait til you win the Super Bowl, it gets worse.

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Mike Evans; you're a POS

James Winston; you're an embarrassing POS

AJ Green; you're a massive POS

Cam Newton; you find new ways of proving how much of a POS you are every week 

and because it came up earlier, yes, OBJ is a tumbling POS too

What if I called you a POS? -_-

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Inglewood doesn't have anything on Philly or their fans. This ain't the the bay area, LOL

I don’t know... last year Philly fans were super nice to me at the Linc. I mean maybe it’s because they were kicking out *** 31-3 but still.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

I don’t know... last year Philly fans were super nice to me at the Linc. I mean maybe it’s because they were kicking out *** 31-3 but still.

You're right, we're a lot more personable when the games are close. Probably because nobody talks s*** otherwise.

Archived