Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Interesting, thought kickers also factored for kick length for some reason.

Ah well, sometimes RNG giveth, and sometimes it taketh.

the actual players on a return other than the returner (and opposing kicker/punter) I made generic players who inherit their attributes from the special teams ratings of the STC (plus HC to a smaller extent). Because data on individual STC players is not really available, I lacked the desire to do it, and drafting them would just elongate he draft pointlessly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

3Q, 9:25 - TAC 10; LRUR 3

3Q, 9:25 - TAC 10; LRUR 10 > Derek Carr throws a 50 yard pick 6

3Q, 8:33 - TAC 10; LRUR 10 > Derek Carr throws to TJ Hockenson, fumbled and returned 31 yards

3Q, 8:21 - TAC 10; LRUR 17 > Touchdown

Sad Broken Heart GIF by Lindsay Lohan

After scoring 17 points and leading a 4-6 franchise...

Espn Fighting GIF by Top Rank Boxing

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes, as this was his home game. You still have eight home games.

Respectfully... can I propose an adjustment for this year?

It's clear that each of international games weaken one aspect of an offense. The moon restricts the passing game, while cyberspace restricts the running game. The few good players I have on my roster are all related to the passing game. Playing on the moon is a significant detriment to my roster.

In Week 12, swoosh plays a home game against the Blobfish. The Blobfish, being a run-oriented offense, requested the moon. Playing on the moon would benefit both swoosh and the Blobfish, and would make for a much better game.

Would it be possible to make the Week 12 game the international game for swoosh instead? Instead of one person benefitting (swoosh) and one getting set back (me), it would be two teams benefitting.

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Respectfully... can I propose an adjustment for this year?

It's clear that each of international games weaken one aspect of an offense. The moon restricts the passing game, while cyberspace restricts the running game. The few good players I have on my roster are all related to the passing game. Playing on the moon is a significant detriment to my roster.

In Week 12, swoosh plays a home game against the Blobfish. The Blobfish, being a run-oriented offense, requested the moon. Playing on the moon would benefit both swoosh and the Blobfish, and would make for a much better game.

Would it be possible to make the Week 12 game the international game for swoosh instead? Instead of one person benefitting (swoosh) and one getting set back (me), it would be two teams benefitting.

We can talk about a rule change for future seasons if owners feel strongly about it. But the way I see it, you were disadvantaged for that game anyway (there is a passive "home field" benefit that can give small stat buffs when a team plays at home. For international games, that isn't present.. and this is in addition to having a higher liklihood of weather/temp debuffs on the opponent).

That said, you're right that international game locations can benefit one team over the other based on team comp... but in a vacuum, neither team is getting any disadvantages the other is not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

my roster are all related to the passing game. Playing on the moon is a significant detriment to my roster.

Regarding which game is selected for the international game, I always outline which will be replaced when announcing the games.

...And it seems I did indeed make a mistake. Was supposed to be second to last home game, and Week 14 is actually his final home game. @swoosh your international game is actually week 12 versus @EaglesPeteC. My mistake.

• Like 1

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In a vacuum, sure. Unfortunately, my team - built to be purely pass-heavy - is put at a significant disadvantage.

All I'm proposing is that the moon game be played between two run-oriented teams that actually requested the moon. In this case, swoosh plays a remaining home game against one of those teams.

you're lucky this time... see above.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

you're lucky this time... see above.

Yep, I dodged a bullet for sure. It would've ended my season. (Not that it isn't already over or anything.)

Moving forward, if a game can be played between two teams that requested the venue, I think it only makes sense to try and make that happen. Just my .02.

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yep, I dodged a bullet for sure. It would've ended my season. (Not that it isn't already over or anything.)

Moving forward, if a game can be played between two teams that requested the venue, I think it only makes sense to try and make that happen. Just my .02.

I wouldn't like to try to justify which game it would be arbitrarily... which is why I put the condition of which game is getting replaced in the sign ups itself.

...If you use this information to try to get a better matchup versus an opponent, well, that's just a smart play, I'd say.

• Like 1

If any of those owners of teams that actually win games are looking to make a push, I'd be willing to do position-for-position swaps with the following players for draft value. Package deals work.

Donovan Smith [10 GS]: 8 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed, 9 stuffs allowed.
Wes Schweitzer [6 GS]: 4 pancakes, 0 sacks allowed, 1 stuff allowed.
Alex Mack [10 GS]: 14 pancakes, 7 sacks allowed, 6 stuffs allowed.
Chris Lindstrom [10 GS]: 7 pancakes, 5 sacks allowed, 15 stuffs allowed.
Russell Okung [10 GS]: 9 pancakes, 7 sacks allowed, 13 stuffs allowed.

Matt Milano [10 GS]: 68 tackles (5 stuffs), 6 coverages, 5 sacks.
Shaq Thompson [10 GS]: 63 tackles (5 stuffs), 6 coverages, 4 sacks.
Blake Martinez [8 GS]: 53 tackles (4 stuffs), 1 coverage.

Xavier Rhodes [10 GS]: 35 tackles, 29 coverages, 1 sack, 3 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.
Janoris Jenkins [10 GS]: 52 tackles, 39 coverages, 1 sack, 2 interceptions.

Adrian Phillips [9 GS]: 54 tackles (1 stuff), 8 coverages, 1 sack, 1 interception, 1 recovery.
Malcolm Jenkins [10 GS]: 68 tackles, 13 coverages, 4 interceptions, 1 forced fumble..

Jack Fox [10 GS]: 54 punts for 2,509 yards (46.46 YPP, 70 LNG, 18 in 20).

21 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's replacing their home game, so it's technically their HFA that they are switching for one of their home games. Your team is traveling, it doesn't matter whether on the road at their usual home or on the road for one of those games.

Historically I try to pick the location that wouldn't hinder my roster as much, but I always consider who my opponent would be for both matchups and choose the one that would benefit me more.

Not sure I'd agree with the road team having input, given that the home team is "sacrificing" one of their 'true' home field advantage games.

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

It's replacing their home game, so it's technically their HFA that they are switching for one of their home games. Your team is traveling, it doesn't matter whether on the road at their usual home or on the road for one of those games.

Historically I try to pick the location that wouldn't hinder my roster as much, but I always consider who my opponent would be for both matchups and choose the one that would benefit me more.

Not sure I'd agree with the road team having input, given that the home team is "sacrificing" one of their 'true' home field advantage games.

Which is a good point, although I'd have to believe that my team playing on the road and my team playing on the moon aren't the same disadvantage. If you remove the passing game from my roster, my offense is abysmal.

Yes, the home team is "sacrificing" one of their home field advantage games, but they're doing so voluntarily... and gaining a tag in the process. That's the exchange, and their choice. I didn't think it was "lose a home game, gain a tag and get a near-guaranteed win". Richmond against New Zealand on the moon should be an interesting match-up, as both teams have strong running games, but Richmond against Pittston on the moon is a bloodbath... and I'm convinced that, if Nacho simmed that game 100 times, Pittston may win 10 of them. Probably fewer.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway