OFFSEASON MOCK - Told Ya'll It was coming! RIP AWAY

IrishHooligan00

Over the cap says 21.5M / Sporttrac says 22.4M Ima split it and start with 22M added with the cap space from this season I believe its close to 40 Million

Release / Not Resigned- No Major Release as most players are on a low contract or FA already. 

!!!!! RODNEY MCLOUD - Y'all knew I was gonna say it. 

C - Jason Kelce (Poison Pill)

S - Anthony Harris - Was soo excited by this signed, but all in all, was not impressive to me, plus age. 

DE - Derek Barnett - He Gone - Feel there will be another team that pays him more then the eagles are willing to offer. 

DE - Ryan Kerrigan - Was a Non Factor All last season and Age

DE - Genard Avery - Hasn't worked out. See him as more of LEO or Stand UP Pass Rush OLB in a 3-4

RB - Jordan Howard - Good, But don't think they'll bring him until later again. 

Re-Sign/Restructure - 

C - Jason Kelce - I don't feel he's ready to retire yet, and he's still playing at a high level -  Move Poison Pill to following Year. Extend guaranteed money an additional year so his Cap hit stays similar to this year

S - Rodney McCloud - Ugh - 2 Year Deal / 11 Million (AVG - 5.5) - No Comment

DT - Hassaan Ridgeway - 2 Years 3 Million - Depth - Played 30-40& Of the Defensive Snaps last season

RB - Boston Scott - RFA

LB - Alex Singleton - RFA

WR - Greg Ward - RFA

G - Nate Herbig - RFA

FA - IMO Nothing Splashy, Except for Daniels

OG - James Daniels - TOP Guard to replace Brooks. Eagles Value Trenches, Will drop Money into the O-Line (5 Years / 60 Million ) 9.5 Million Year 1

LB - Kwon Alexander - Been Healthy the last 2 Seasons - Only 27 - Kinda reminds me of a Nigel Bradham Type Signing. (3 Years / 15 Million) 3 Million Year 1

S - Jabrill Peppers- Injured Last Year- Would be an immediate upgrade - Youth - (3 Year / 20 Million)

WR - John Ross - SPEED , Low Risk High Reward potential -( 1 Year / 4.5 Million )

*Pre-Draft Trade - #15 , #122, 2023 4th and OT Andre Dillard to MIN for #12

NFL Draft - 

#12 - CB - Ahmad Gardner - CINN

#16 - LB - Devin Lloyd - Utah

***Trade - #19 Traded to DET for #32 and a 2023 1st Rounder

#32 - DL - Demarvin Leal - Texas A&M 

#51 - DE - Arnold Ebiketie - Penn State

#83 - WR - Justyn Ross - Clemson

#153 - S - Bubba Bolden - Miami

#165 - OL - Dylan Parham - Memphis

#192 - LB - Leo Chenal - Wisconsin

#205 - RB - D'Vonte Price - FIU

RIP AWAY!!!

I’m too lazy to read all that right now, but the draft is pretty good for the most part.

I like Parham a lot and I can tell you he’s going a lot higher than 165. I doubt he makes it out of day 2.

No shot Chenal is there at 192. Not sure what site you’re using for your drafts, but it’s not very accurate.

I’d like to do better with the pick at safety than Bolden.

Ross is underrated, so I like the upside of that pick in the 3rd.

Not a fan of drafting Leal really, but at least you did it in a trade back.

Love Lloyd and Gardner. 

Ebikete I need to watch more of and Price, but I heard both did good things in the all star game practices. Ebikete’s arm length was really nice I think it was like 34”. There is a chance he could be there at 51. I don’t feel like the Eagles will want to wait and take their chances someone they like is there on day 2 though. I think EDGE might be the most important spot for us to hit on in this first round and knowing our teams love of the trenches good chance an EDGE is our first pick. Lloyd would likely be 19th if we took him which knowing our team isn’t super likely.

But, I’ll make one comment on the FA side of things. I know you’re a McLeod hater, so it was kinda funny seeing you re-sign him.

I’m not sure it’s gonna cost you 5.5 million per year to keep him. His last contract with us in the spring of 2020 before he eventually tore his ACL late in the year was 2 years / 8.6 million and that was when he was still 29 about to turn 30 that offseason. Now he’s gonna be 32 and this is after the ACL. 

I’d like McLeod back on the cheap though. I think it would be nice to have his leadership and veteran presence still in the room and I think he looked better as the year went on and he was further removed from the injury. Have to remember that ACL he suffered happened late in December of 2020. 

@TheRealMcCoy I used like 4 different sites. Players after round 4 are all over the place but once combine n pro days will have a clearer picture. 

I wasn't trying to do my over the top drafts and FA like I've done previously lol so it's kinda mediocre, and yea I did the McCrap thing cuz Ik the eagles will be stupid to lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The LB is Dean vs Lloyd and each one are 3 down backs, but I feel each has a different area they excel in. 

I feel Lloyd is better vs coverage and harder hitting whereas Dean is faster and more agile and better run defender

I feel like instincts are a top 3 attribute for LB and I feel Dean's are probably on a different level than Lloyd's. 

6 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel like instincts are a top 3 attribute for LB and I feel Dean's are probably on a different level than Lloyd's. 

Instincts are, I also looked at what Lloyd had around him compared to what Dean had around him, and deans mistakes don't show as much because of who was around him. Just from what I've watched of these two thus far.