Eric Bieniemy

Jakuvious

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

I mean let’s face it, whoever is OC is just an Andy puppet. And once things go bad its an easy scapegoat position right or wrong. You know Kafka wasnt sticking around for all of that

Yeah getting into a position that gets you constant HC interviews is such an awful gig.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RedGold said:

Yeah getting into a position that gets you constant HC interviews is such an awful gig.  

So awful that Kafka left for Daniel Jones in NY

I think teams are scared off by the failure of Nagy, and the drama of Dougy P, unfortunately for Bienemy 

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

So awful that Kafka left for Daniel Jones in NY

I think teams are scared off by the failure of Nagy, and the drama of Dougy P, unfortunately for Bienemy 

It's not like Kafka left for the same job title.   He left because he was getting promoted,  so even the guys below OC are getting interviewed for promotions.   

He already had interviews for OC jobs the year prior,  and we gave him a promotion to keep him in town.     Unless it was HC, or OC... there was no where else for him to move up.    So yeah, he left for a promotion where it was available.  

No idea on Bieniemy... The amount of interviews he's getting though,  I don't think people are scared.   Something must just be off-putting about him being the man in charge.    Obviously they aren't too scared of Dougy P if he was still getting interviews,,, and hired.

• Like 2

I suspect that EB does not interview very well, at least not at this level of competition. He does not come across as brilliant or extremely anything. He's solid, grounded, diligent but lascks the spark that makes owners and GM take notice. That said, some notable HC failures oozed the it factor. 

J

8 hours ago, Soggust said:

Anyone else concerned the addition of Nagy might be adding another one too many cooks in the kitchen? 

Especially if there is any hint of truth to the now deleted article that inspired this thread?

Competition is something with which athletes are very familiar. When Bieniemy was still a college running back a CU he had to cope with older plays and hotshot newcomers. It is almost certain that HC Reid told him to expects someone like Nagy to be added to the staff. The fact that Mahomes as significant kinks to work out makes it necessary. 

J

And the full quote below for those who don't want to watch the video:

“This whole thing with Eric Bieniemy that’s been written has gotten kind of fabricated,” said Reid. “We were on vacation and over the two weeks, I came back, and all of a sudden, it was that I didn’t like Eric and Eric didn’t like me and Pat Mahomes and everybody else. That’s not the case. We all get along good, and I’m glad he’s back with us and rolling. I thought he’d potentially get a head coaching job, which I would have been happy with, too, but that’s not how it worked out.

“Anyway, I just wanted to put that to rest. The rest of the time is yours.”

• Like 1