Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson - Who is a better fit?

Jags

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Go look at his supporting cast. Only really had lt his 1st year and then he got boston his 2nd year and a raw antonio gates.

Supporting cast doesn’t impact throwing ability or the ability to read defenses. Watch the tape. 

And you can’t use the “supporting cast” argument when the Chargers had the opportunity to draft Larry Fitzgerald and chose instead to draft a QB who didn’t even want to play for them so that they could trade for a different QB to replace Brees.

Not even the team that drafted him thought it was the supporting cast. 

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

And you can’t use the “supporting cast” argument when the Chargers had the opportunity to draft Larry Fitzgerald and chose instead to draft a QB who didn’t even want to play for them so that they could trade for a different QB to replace Brees.

Not even the team that drafted him thought it was the supporting cast. 

To be fair he had a very meh gm in aj smith and while they could have taken fitz i dont think they pass up that trade offer for Eli. 

11 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

This reminds me of shades of Geno Smith vs Ryan Nassib 

I do think Jackson and Mayfield have a fair bit more raw talent than Geno or Nassib.  But yeah...entirely possible neither one of these guys actually works out.  They both have some real flaws as quarterback prospects.  Which seems to kinda get lost a bit in a fervor for one or the other.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, Adrenaline_Flux said:

As a GM, AJ Smith was good at accumulating talent. His problems were managing talent after-the-fact and keeping his ego in check.

he had more busts then hits in the early draft.  i mean Craig Davis, Sammy Davis, antoine Cason, Larry English, jonas Mouton(he played 3 games in the NFL as a 2nd rounder nough said). and theres more like Drayton Florence, Terrence Kiel, Courtney Van Buren(9 games as a 3rd round pick). it doesnt seem like he was a good early rounds drafter/ 

ill give him 2005 cuz he got 4 Good Players in Merriman, Castillo, Vincent Jackson, Sproles.  

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

he had more busts then hits in the early draft.  i mean Craig Davis, Sammy Davis, antoine Cason, Larry English, jonas Mouton(he played 3 games in the NFL as a 2nd rounder nough said). and theres more like Drayton Florence, Terrence Kiel, Courtney Van Buren(9 games as a 3rd round pick). it doesnt seem like he was a good early rounds drafter/ 

ill give him 2005 cuz he got 4 Good Players in Merriman, Castillo, Vincent Jackson, Sproles.  

Not all the players you mentioned were bad lol.

If you look at the Chargers teams before AJ Smith took over and after he took over, there is an astronomical change in culture and success.

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

#myQB

Just imagine the trash talk with ramsey and baker . teams woukd need multiple shrinks

Would be all for it.

Think you need to cut the random mock drafts things you do though, because there is no way he is falling to our 2nd round pick and you continuously get him in round 3 in those. Think those are beyond pointless at this time of the season too.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

can we have him plz

I'm all aboard the Lamar/Baker hype train. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Not sure how I feel about Rosen, although I find him interesting and if he were to be a guy we ended up getting I could get behind it. Only one that gives me a bad taste in my mouth is Darnold and that's because I see way too many similarities to Blake.

Archived