jd mckissic

cornlieus lucas

tyler larson

daniel wise

Mctyer

CUT

Landon Collins

FA

QB Mitchell Trubisky- 1 year deal. Has a chance to come in and start but he will be in a competition with Heinicke and……

G Austin Corbett- his career started rocky with the browns but when he was traded to the rams he played at a high level! I don’t think he would cost too too much and I’m not paying Scherrf to stay 

WR JuJu- I know I’m going to get crap for this but I would def sign him on a cheaper price it type deal. This is a big free agent class for WR and like last year I don’t think he will get top dollar. Him at the 2 with Samuel in the slot. Led by Terry could be a heck of a WR corps!

TRADES

Daron Payne and a 7th to the jets for pick 38

We trade pick 11 to the chargers for pick 17, their 2nd and a 5th. Chargers take drake london to replace mike williams

DRAFT

1. Devin Lloyd LB Utah- Lloyd has been a riser and is all over the place at LB being able to play multiple positions. I think we finally get our middle linebacker we need to solve our defensive problems

2.Sam Howell QB UNC- yes…. With out us picking a qb in the first I think he slips to the 2nd.There’s 3 QBs That I like and that’s Willis, corral, and Howell. Howell was once projected a number 1 pick. He lost dyami brown, javonte Williams, Michael carter, and Dazz newsome which lead to numbers being down a bit. You can argue that he should still be able to carry a team, but imagine if we didn’t have Terry, Gibson, Mckissic, and Logan Thomas. We saw what happened without Thomas and mckissic last year… I think Howell will be the best in this class. With the 38th pick we take him. I think he goes early 2nd with willis, picket, corral, ridder going in the 1st. This also allows us not to heavily use a 1st in a weaker class

2. Trey McBride TE Colorado- even with the emergence late in the years of John bates, I feel we still need a true number 2 to Thomas. McBride is a safe pick and could be a good insurance policy if injuries loom for Thomas 

2. Lewis Cine FS Georgia- I think he would be a day 1 starter from the jump, pairing him in the backfield with Curl at SS could be a pairing for a long long time.

3. Chad Muma LB Wyoming- this guy is a guy that I desperately want on this team. I’ve seen early 3rd to late 2nd. He’s been on the rise. Even with drafting Lloyd we need more depth and if Jamin Davis ends up not being the answer outside then Lloyd could play there with muma inside. It’s not a bad problem to have a lot of young depth 

4. Hassan Haskins RB Michigan- he’s a big back at 6’1” 220. I think he gives us more than Patterson. I really do like Patterson l, but in the case of injuries we had lingering to running backs last year I think he can be a full package guy. Although he wasn’t heavenly Involved in the passing game we have other backs that can handle that role until he gets up to speed

5. Charleston Rambo WR Miami- I almost went with a developmental guard here, but after his 79 catch season with Miami I think he could be a good sleeper pick, decent size at 6’1” 185 I think he would really challenge the likes of denadre carter and cam sims in this team. He can also do returns

6. Bubba Bolden SS Miami- with Deshazor Everett’s legal problems, cutting Landon Collins, and Apke gone we need some more safety depth. Bubba is a playmaker and can lay the wood. We would go into the season with an extremely young safety core which lacks a long time vet but I think with the right communication we could see big results!!

DEPTH

QB Heinicke/Trubisky/Howell

RB Gibson/JD/Haskins/Patterson

WR Terry/JuJu/Curtis/Brown/Sims/Rambo/DC

TE Thomas/McBride/Bates

LT Leno/Lucas

LG Flowers/Schweitzer

C Roullier/Larson

RG Corbett/Charles

RT Cosmi/Lucas/Charles

DE Young/Toney

DT Allen/Settle

DT Ioannidis/Wise

DE Sweat/Williams

OLB Holcomb/Mayo

MLB Lloyd/Muma

OLB Davis/Hudson

CB Jackson/Fuller/St. Juste/Elder/Mctyer

FS Cine/Forrest

SS Curl/Bolden

I think we have a full on QB competition with the best man winning the job. All three of these QBs have similar traits and can move around the pocket. I think Howell could emerge as the guy

Edited by LoganF89

I'm good with the resigning's. It'd be nice to get Settle back.

I'm not on the Juju train, but if you really think we can get him on a prove it deal, so be it. I don't see it. 

I don't like the Payne trade but if he were to move, it might be the best we can do. 

That's A LOT for the Chargers to move up. 

Howell could slip to the 2nd, we'll see. Getting Cine and Muma would be great. 

• Like 1

1. It would be dumb to cut Collins fiscally. He counts as nearly 10M dead cap if cut this year. 

2. It would be dumb to sign a WR in free agency with a class that is PACKED with top level WR talent. 

3.Trubisky is a downgrade from Heinicke. That would be a trainwreck before it even got started. 

4. Carson Strong >> Sam Howell and Matt Corral is better than both. 

5. The LA Chargers trade puts us in -ROI immediately by nearly 150 pts. It's not a good deal. Drake Landon is not that high on boards, and with a loaded WR class, he is not someone worth trading up for. 

6. Devin Lloyd, for us, would be the Sam backer. Holcomb is the Mike and Davis is the Will. 

7. Why does everyone want to trade DaRon Payne? He is the most effective DT on our line. Still on a rookie contract. Those guys you hold onto. And why the Jets?? They have Quinnen Williams and Jabari Zuniga as down lineman. Payne will be a rotational guy at best. Tim Settle is not an equivalent consolation for W. 

8. The draft part, imo, is meh. I like Muma, but if you're taking Lloyd, why go after Muma. 

13 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

1. It would be dumb to cut Collins fiscally. He counts as nearly 10M dead cap if cut this year. 

If now, yes. Post June is half that and then spread. 

2. It would be dumb to sign a WR in free agency with a class that is PACKED with top level WR talent. 

I think there is a lot of great #2 WRs in this class, but how many #1s do you really think there are? 

This is where the QBs are gonna be fun. I think Strong is way down the list. 

5. The LA Chargers trade puts us in -ROI immediately by nearly 150 pts. It's not a good deal. Drake Landon is not that high on boards, and with a loaded WR class, he is not someone worth trading up for. 

Using what chart? Just looking at it I thought we crushed it. JJ model is 1250 for 950+420+25.8 or 1396. So are you saying they're in the negative by 150?

8. The draft part, imo, is meh. I like Muma, but if you're taking Lloyd, why go after Muma. 

I had thought of that too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

3.Trubisky is a downgrade from Heinicke. That would be a trainwreck before it even got started. 

6. Devin Lloyd, for us, would be the Sam backer. Holcomb is the Mike and Davis is the Will. 

7. Why does everyone want to trade DaRon Payne? He is the most effective DT on our line. Still on a rookie contract. Those guys you hold onto. And why the Jets?? They have Quinnen Williams and Jabari Zuniga as down lineman. Payne will be a rotational guy at best. Tim Settle is not an equivalent consolation for W. 

Yeah man, I’m a Carson Strong fan but he is not better than Howell and Corral. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

1. Only way I keep Collins is if he plays LB and with that I think that stunts the growth of Jamin

2. if we can get a good deal on JuJu I think it would be smart for a 1 or 2 year deal. He didn’t get paid high last year. I don’t want to spend a high pick on WR especially since we drafted Dyami last year

3. competition brings out the best in everyone. They are all mobile and honestly Trubisky didn’t get a fair shot and his coach (Nagy) was horrible. Trubisky looked good when he had the bears in the playoffs

4. I’m not high on Carson strong. A qb with more mobility I think fits this team better. Look how much pressure Heinicke was under against Dallas. Strong would be broken in half. The injuries to the knee scares me with him

5. I think London is one of the top 2 WRs on the board. I think being a USC guy as well could appeal to the LA chargers. They need a replacement for Williams when he walks.

6. I think Lloyd can play every LB position.

7. We can’t pay the whole Dline and I rather keep our edges and Allen. I picked the jets bc I think they will go hard on defense and have the cap to extend him. Also williams played a lot of end for them last year as well.

8. I picked muma mostly bc he’s a guy I want bad. Plus we need depth like crazy at LB unless you want Bostic back and mayo getting playing time

thats My reasoning lol

• Like 1

My simple take out of all of this is:

First round grade: Matt Corral

1st - 2nd round grade: Kenny Pickett, Sam Howell, Carson Strong

2nd round grade: Malik Willis

4th round grade : Desmond Ridder

5th round grade: Brennan Armstong, Sam Hartman

This is a very very weak QB class, and I really hope QB needy teams don't overhype this class. Carson Strong impressed me at the Senior Bowl. But I watch some tape and while he has a live arm, he tends to float deep balls instead of leading receivers. In better competition, those are likely picked off. 

Sam Howell has a lot to like. With the players that emerged from UNC last season, its no wonder he was the odds on favorite this season. Howell has a live arm, but his accuracy needs work. His footwork leads him to underthrow a lot. He tends to be on his toes a lot when he throws the ball, and does not step into the throw. He has a long wind up as well which can make him be late in timing patterns. 

Corral is raw, but he is talented and has a very high ceiling. He is very good with timing routes, and does well in escaping the pocket. Doesn't have as good a deep ball as the other two, but still has zip on his throws. Needs to learn a little finesse at times, but his abilty to put the ball in tight spots is remarkable. He has one of the quickest releases I have seen in a while. Does well outside of the pocket and is able to keep his eyes downfield. He has a lot of swagger which eludes confidence. 

Corral would be the first off the board at 9 to Denver if they are not able to land a QB before the draft. He could go as early as 6 to Carolina. Darnold has guaranteed salary coming to him, about $18M so they would be better served drafting offensive lineman. If Corral is at 11, I would take him, but if we don't he definitely goes to the Saints. 

Giants could get him at 7 if they don't think Jones has any value. I have heard the Giants might bring in Trubisky to compete with Jones. But who knows at this point. 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, Ghostnote said:

3. Trubisky is a downgrade from Heinicke. That would be a trainwreck before it even got started. 

I think Heinicke vs Trubisky & a RFA tendered Kyle Allen battling it out for 2 QB spots while we also draft a QB in round 1 to sit and develop for a year or 2 is the best we to do. Whoever looses between Heinicke & Kyle Allen we can trade for a late round pick for a team that needs a back up. 

I’d don’t see the Seahawks trading Russ, the Raiders aren’t trading Carr & Garapolo isn’t worth anything more than a mid round pick & I don’t want to trade for him or Wentz to just get an upgrade but still not have a top 10 QB. 

With Trubisky there’s more upside than there is with Heinicke. Trubisky has a stronger arm. I could see either winning they competition, but I think it’d be a good one between those 2 & Kyle Allen on  RFA tender.

I think the reason we should trade Payne is because we shouldn’t re-sign all of our DL. That’s too many resources put into one position group. We need to spread the cap space around to different positions. Seeing that we already signed Allen, I don’t think we should be spending more than $30 million a year for our starting DTs. Instead we should trade Payne for a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th, re-sign Settle for like $3 to $5 mil a year and that will help us improve other positions. We should keep Chase & Sweat, DEs > DTs. DTs are easier to replace & we have 4 good to great ones already.

Personally I have Pickett as the #1 QB in this draft but Willis may go ahead of Pickett bc of upside & having the highest ceiling. I have Corral & Howell graded about the same. Carson Strong has a stronger arm but his inaccuracy is a concern, he also didn’t play well in the Senior Bowl. I see Ridder and Strong as 2nd round prospects. 

I agree with you that Holcomb should be our Mike if we drafted another ILB in round 1 or 2 that could start but, Rivera was clear that Holcomb and Davis will be moved to the outside and they’ll sign a FA veteran to be the MLB. They should’ve done that last year to upgrade Bostic or another vet  to compete with Bostic, I don’t know what the hell they were thinking. What an awful disaster our MLB position was last year & it should’ve never been that way. Rivera/the Marty’s & JDR know better.

Edited by turtle28

We need to try to get a QB, before ultimately riding with what we have and/or settling for a 1st Rd QB.

1) Try to get Wilson=✓

2) Try to get Carr=

3= Try to get Watson

If all 3 attempts fail?

1) Try to get Carson Wentz=

2) Try to get M. Mariota=

3) Try to get J. Winston=

If all attempts fail, then ride with what we have & draft QB high.

I don't believe we can get Rodgers at all, as nice as it would be to get him.

And I would stay far away from M. Trubisky & Cousins.

If by some chance we land 1 of the 6 QB's on the list above?

I would target FS Kyle Hamilton. He would be a huge difference maker for the back end of our Defense 

I would even trade up to get him, if necessary 

If we don't land any of the 6 QB's on the list above?

Sit at 11 & wait for which QB is sitting there when we pick.

That's what I would do.