Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Welp. If Gruden is the guy, what kind of staff does he assemble? I haven't really looked up his old coordinators or anything yet.

I think it depends on what kind of defence we want to run. Bradley would be a good fit in some capacity. Marinelli seems to be highly regarded in Dallas, so he’s unlikely to be available.

http://www.bucpower.com/2008coaches.html

This is Gruden’s last staff in Tampa. There’s quite a lot of guys who’ve done well in the league and quite a few who have bounced around the league in fairly low level positions.

The biggest issue is affordability. If we fire Koetter, could we reasonably pay Gruden and Jay Gruden as OC (for example), while also paying Koetter and Smith not to coach the team? 

Michael Christianson is a guy Gruden brought in for the oline in 02. He's coached every offensive group except QB and WR. He's coaching high school now. But only as a coordinator.

Jeremy Bates was our offensive quality control guy in 02. He's got a lot of work with QBs with us, the Jets, the Broncos, USC, and Chicago. He was the Seahawks' OC in 2010.

Everyone else is too old or in a position where we wouldn't be able to steal them.

7 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

The biggest issue is affordability. If we fire Koetter, could we reasonably pay Gruden and Jay Gruden as OC (for example), while also paying Koetter and Smith not to coach the team? 

I don't think Jay Gruden would opt for a coordinator position. I saw something about Cincy wanting him back to replace Marvin Lewis.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Michael Christianson is a guy Gruden brought in for the oline in 02. He's coached every offensive group except QB and WR. He's coaching high school now. But only as a coordinator.

Jeremy Bates was our offensive quality control guy in 02. He's got a lot of work with QBs with us, the Jets, the Broncos, USC, and Chicago. He was the Seahawks' OC in 2010.

Everyone else is too old or in a position where we wouldn't be able to steal them.

I believe a coach has to recognize coaching talent and project what they could become just like a player.  If Gruden is the guy, he has had some access to coaching staffs throughout the league.  I think one of his best selling points to the Glazers is that he can assemble a quality staff. I was certainly wrong about this current staff. 

I think Olson would be a good OC if we do sign Gruden. Look what he did for Goff, who EVERYONE (except jrry) thought was gonna be out of the league sooner rather than later. And he did it in one off-season. And it would let Gruden run most of the offense while Olson works mostly with Jameis. And Olson has been coaching the whole time Gruden's been gone, so that dichotomy would help too.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I think Olson would be a good OC if we do sign Gruden. Look what he did for Goff, who EVERYONE (except jrry) thought was gonna be out of the league sooner rather than later. And he did it in one off-season. And it would let Gruden run most of the offense while Olson works mostly with Jameis. And Olson has been coaching the whole time Gruden's been gone, so that dichotomy would help too.

I remember everyone running him outta here Bc he was the problem over Freeman lol 

Archived