Devils 2022 MLB Draft Thread/College Baseball Thread(Mock Draft 3/Draft Sunday MLB Network 7e)

devils1854

Top of the draft appears to be separating itself now.  7 or 8 guys (depending on who you talk to) make up the top:

Druw Jones/Brooks Lee/Elijah Green/Termarr Johnson/Jackson Holliday/Kevin Parada/Jace Jung and then Cam Collier to some.  Somebody is gonna get a steal with a rehabbing Dylan Lesko later in the draft.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:51 AM, hrubes20 said:

Top of the draft appears to be separating itself now.  7 or 8 guys (depending on who you talk to) make up the top:

Druw Jones/Brooks Lee/Elijah Green/Termarr Johnson/Jackson Holliday/Kevin Parada/Jace Jung and then Cam Collier to some.  Somebody is gonna get a steal with a rehabbing Dylan Lesko later in the draft.

I've seen Jacob Berry too.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I've seen him a lot more than Collier.

They seem to be going in opposite directions.  Collier is picking up more steam and Berry seems to be falling out of favor.  I think it was Law that ranked Collier all the way up at 2.  

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

They seem to be going in opposite directions.  Collier is picking up more steam and Berry seems to be falling out of favor.  I think it was Law that ranked Collier all the way up at 2.  

Why would Berry be falling out of favor? He's absolutely mashing the baseball. Is it because he's not likely to stay at 3B? Because his bat still carries him in right.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:06 PM, beekay414 said:

Why would Berry be falling out of favor? He's absolutely mashing the baseball. Is it because he's not likely to stay at 3B? Because his bat still carries him in right.

Yeah, the little I've seen is due to being a 1B/DH.  

On 5/15/2022 at 9:53 AM, CWood21 said:

So who do the Cardinals pick this year?

Their recent history is only college pitchers and high school hitters in the 1st.  I'm gonna go with Carson Whisenhunt, unless the Delvin Perez experience has soured them on guys that tested for a banned substance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 12:09 PM, beekay414 said:

Love how there's a run rule in softball but not baseball.

I'm just happy that they exist for both in the 12u leagues my kids play in.  Your eyes start to bleed after awhile.

Field of 64 is set for the CWS.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2022-05-30/2022-ncaa-di-baseball-championship-bracket-announced

That Tennessee team is really good.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm just happy that they exist for both in the 12u leagues my kids play in.  Your eyes start to bleed after awhile.

Field of 64 is set for the CWS.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2022-05-30/2022-ncaa-di-baseball-championship-bracket-announced

That Tennessee team is really good.

How did Rutgers not get a bid?

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How did Rutgers not get a bid?

Definitely the biggest snub I see.  I guess they HAD to find room for Ole Miss to be the 9th SEC team, despite them being 14-16 in conference play.  Or they HAD to get juggernaut Grand Canyon in there to be the 2nd team from the prestigous WAC.  The cold weather Big 10 isn't filled with baseball powerhouses, but they certainly could reward those schools a bit more.