Devils 2022 MLB Draft Thread/College Baseball Thread(Mock Draft 3/Draft Sunday MLB Network 7e)

devils1854

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

College baseball probably means more to LSU than any other school by a wide margin. Tons of money there. 

Vandy is a baseball school with some very wealthy donors as well.  I figured they would have tons to offer there.  Either Vandy is behind the ball, or I'm greatly underestimating LSU's commitment there.

10 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Berry and Neto would certainly be underslot at 4.  Parada is expected to go in that area and may agree to a very slight discount, be he doesn't make sense for the Pirates who took Henry Davis at 1st overall last year.  BPA and all that, but it's a stretch to take 2 collegiate catchers with top 5 overall picks in back to back years when neither is a Buster Posey type of generational prospect.

I would assume they would move Parada to 1B…Pirates have hardly anything there. 

Just my .02

Just now, CWood21 said:

Have to imagine Texas is pretty irritated right now.  Had to figure going into the draft they would get either Holliday or Jones.  Now not going to get either.

Think they go Parada. They want to win and he's probably the quickest to the majors at a position of value, if he can stick.

5 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Vandy is a baseball school with some very wealthy donors as well.  I figured they would have tons to offer there.  Either Vandy is behind the ball, or I'm greatly underestimating LSU's commitment there.

underestimating LSU and overrating Vandy. They had 19 kids in the portal after the end of the year. Many were looking to get out.