• Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Mac Jones
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Carson Wentz
    • Trey Lance
    • Jalen Hurts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2022 at 12:30 AM

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Heading into 2022 doesn’t really have much context. It’s just who you think is the best QB, right now and here on this day. 

See this actually makes me think Wilson shouldn't be here. 

The argument for Wilson is that he's been great throughout his career and he's likely to revert towards the mean and have a great 2022 season.

But in an "on this day" scenario, I'd prefer someone not coming off injury and one of the worst* seasons of his career.

Like, I imagine he will be great in 2022, but I just am a bit more unsure it would be the first game of 2022 (on this day), if that makes sense.

* - worst relative to his peak and compared to Burrow/Herbert, its actually statistically not a super terrible season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

See this actually makes me think Wilson shouldn't be here. 

The argument for Wilson is that he's been great throughout his career and he's likely to revert towards the mean and have a great 2022 season.

But in an "on this day" scenario, I'd prefer someone not coming off injury and one of the worst* seasons of his career.

Like, I imagine he will be great in 2022, but I just am a bit more unsure it would be the first game of 2022 (on this day), if that makes sense.

* - worst relative to his peak and compared to Burrow/Herbert, its actually statistically not a super terrible season. 

Wilson already came back from his injury and looked great. So the injury is completely irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

You think he was Herbert / Burrow-esque post injury last season?

Uh, yes actually, almost as good. With a much, MUCH worse roster and coaching. Plus this isn’t just about the past season or else it would be labeled “Top QB’s of the 2021 Season”. Wilson has been largely spectacular over the past few seasons with zero signs of regression. And probably has the best overall skillset behind only Mahomes and Allen. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Uh, yes actually, almost as good. With a much, MUCH worse roster and coaching. Plus this isn’t just about the past season or else it would be labeled “Top QB’s of the 2021 Season”. Wilson has been largely spectacular over the past few seasons with zero signs of regression. And probably has the best overall skillset behind only Mahomes and Allen. 

I guess that's a fair perspective but I completely disagree.

To each their own, that's why we have these threads.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Stafford threw 17 picks through the regular season. The reason Rams fans think he is so great is because he is a massive, massive upgrade over Jared Goff, who was nothing more than a Bottom 7-8 QB propped up by Sean McVay’s great scheme. 

Looking at skillsets, performances, and any way you want to measure, and Wilson, Burrow, Herbert are definitely better QB’s than Stafford. And hypothetically also win the Super Bowl with that same team, and in even more convincing fashion. Rams likely win it with any Top 10 QB. They had the most complete roster in the NFL by going “All In” and a Top 3-4 Head Coach. 

I’d also personally put Dak and Watson above him too. Watson before the off the field stuff definitely is a better QB than Stafford. 

Winning the Super Bowl doesn’t automatically make you a better QB than other guys. 

I agree that Burrow has a good case. I personally didn't catch many of his games other than the postseason where he was mainly a passenger along for the ride. That's why I'm giving Stafford the edge because he was better in the playoffs which is where I generally put a lot of weight. 

I don't see it with Wilson or Dak. It's never either of their faults for most people. Wilson has been underwhelming for over a year. It's not just the injury this year. That playoff game last year was one of the worst performances you'll ever see from a veteran QB. Dak beats up on weak competition and then flames out. I need more from him before I'm putting him over someone that has proved it. 

And I think a lot of this is just your Rams bias. For instance, if Goff was actually a bottom 8 QB, then McVay is the undisputed best coach in the league. No one would have an argument over him. 

22 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

If Watson doesn't have legal issues, I think this spot is between 6-7 guys. I'm going Stafford though. I wasn't a believer before the year but he did everything you can possibly ask want in a starting QB. Always on fire in the 4th quarter, didn't need everything perfect around him, and was good in the postseason. With QBs, I put a lot of stock in how you play in the postseason when everything is on the line and the competition ramps up. Stafford checks every box there. Burrow would be my 2nd pick here. 

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I agree that Burrow has a good case. I personally didn't catch many of his games other than the postseason where he was mainly a passenger along for the ride. That's why I'm giving Stafford the edge because he was better in the playoffs which is where I generally put a lot of weight. 

I don't see it with Wilson or Dak. It's never either of their faults for most people. Wilson has been underwhelming for over a year. It's not just the injury this year. That playoff game last year was one of the worst performances you'll ever see from a veteran QB. Dak beats up on weak competition and then flames out. I need more from him before I'm putting him over someone that has proved it. 

And I think a lot of this is just your Rams bias. For instance, if Goff was actually a bottom 8 QB, then McVay is the undisputed best coach in the league. No one would have an argument over him. 

Stafford had lost 90% of his games against winning teams before this year. You, of all people, should realize it takes a full team performance against better competition. 

BTW - Daks rating was 110 against playoff teams this year. Unless you consider his 7 games against playoff teams "weak competition" as well?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Stafford had lost 90% of his games against winning teams before this year. You, of all people, should realize it takes a full team performance against better competition. 

BTW - Daks rating was 110 against playoff teams this year. Unless you consider his 7 games against playoff teams "weak competition" as well?

If you notice throughout all 5 of these polls that's been created thus far (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and now onto our 5th) Dak Prescott hasn't received not even one (1) single vote from anyone (despite all 5 polls combined).

You mentioned how Matthew Stafford had lost 90% of his games vs above .500 winning teams (by seasons end) and also mentioned Dak Prescott's 110 QB Rating but yet you didn't mention Matthew Stafford's QB Rating against winning teams throughout his career (for accurate comparison). 

(Dak Prescott since entering the NFL in 2016 has only gone 13-20 (.393%) against teams that finished their seasons with an above .500 winning record (.393%).

✓ And Dak Prescott might've had a QB Rating of 110 vs playoff teams (during the regular season) but when it mattered the most and during the real playoffs? Dak Prescott went 0-1 with a QB Rating of only 69.3 (vs. San Francisco Wildcard Weekend). 

I like Dak Prescott but I don't consider him top 3 elite or even top 5 worthy; he's more of an 8-10ish type of QB (imo). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

7 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If you notice throughout all 5 of these polls that's been created thus far (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and now onto our 5th) Dak Prescott hasn't received not even one (1) single vote from anyone (despite all 5 polls combined).

Thats not an indicator of anything. Dak becomes a factor at 6. He shouldnt go any lower than 9th at the absolute worst. Thats his range.

4 hours ago, biggie. said:

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

He literally had the worst rushing performance in a SB victory of all time and lost his 2nd best WR to an ACL tear. At the end of the game, the only active TE was the 4th string and a 7th round rookie was playing every snap at WR. I'd say that is not ideal. 

Edited by LeotheLion

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I do consider his games against Philly weak competition. Especially when they sat their starters week 18 and he padded his numbers. And his only rating over 110 against playoff teams was Philly. It's an incredibly misleading statistic lol.

Edited by LeotheLion

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I do consider his games against Philly weak competition. Especially when they sat their starters week 18 and he padded his numbers. And his only rating over 110 against playoff teams was Philly. It's an incredibly misleading statistic lol.

If you take out both philly games and add in the 9ers playoff off disaster, he is still in his mid 90s. Which is higher than Brady, for the record. Im not saying Dak = Brady, I am just giving you a comparison so that you understand where he falls. 

The next cherry pick is "well garbage time" - - if you take out the 4th quarters... Dak is still in the mid 90's...

No matter how much you cherry pick it, Dak still played great on the aggregate. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If you take out both philly games and add in the 9ers playoff off disaster, he is still in his mid 90s. Which is higher than Brady, for the record. Im not saying Dak = Brady, I am just giving you a comparison so that you understand where he falls. 

The next cherry pick is "well garbage time" - - if you take out the 4th quarters... Dak is still in the mid 90's...

No matter how much you cherry pick it, Dak still played great on the aggregate. 

I'm not cherry picking. My original point is I put a lot of weight in playoff performances. Dak wasn't good in his. I don't need to see you win, but you cannot be the reason you lose. 

And FWIW, Stafford has a better QB rating against playoff teams than Dak. And Dak's QB rating drops by 6 if you take out the week 18 game which is disingenuous to include.