• Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Trevor Lawrence
    • Mac Jones
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Carson Wentz
    • Trey Lance
    • Jalen Hurts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2022 at 12:30 AM

Current List:

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Josh Allen

Who is the best QB in your opinion, right now? We'll do this up until 25, or maybe 32. 

Disclaimer:

Some people get best confused. It's not just who had the best 2021 season. It's not career accolades. And it has nothing to do with age. It's who you think is the best in the league. Right now. Heading into 2022. 

My Vote:

Russell Wilson.

I feel like Wilson has become the most underrated player on the internet. Been on an extremely average roster the past two seasons, with extremely lackluster coaching. Injured last year and largely forgotten about. Outside of being injured last year, Wilson has put up a Top 5 QB season every single year in this league since about 2015. 

His skillset is dominant. Great arm, great mobility, great at extending plays: the original escape artist of this era before Mahomes/Watson, top tier elite accuracy, top tier durability, tough as nails, and probably Top 3 in the league in football IQ. Wilson is a Top 5 Elite QB in the NFL. No question. 

Wilson with a better roster and a McVay, Reid, or Shanahan? Oh boy. He would tear the NFL apart imo. The guy is fully capable of putting together almost any season Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Mahomes have put out. The only good offensive coach he has had is Bevell, who is good not great. The rest of the offensive coaches Carroll has hired have been poor at best. Brian Schottenheimer was legendary bad/repetitive. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How is Trevor Lawrence but not Zach Wilson on this list of poll options? 

For #4 I voted Justin Herbert.

But would've gone Deshaun Watson if not for the whole...

george costanza seinfeld GIF

Because I can only do 20 options, try not to over analyze the small things. 

If Watson doesn't have legal issues, I think this spot is between 6-7 guys. I'm going Stafford though. I wasn't a believer before the year but he did everything you can possibly ask want in a starting QB. Always on fire in the 4th quarter, didn't need everything perfect around him, and was good in the postseason. With QBs, I put a lot of stock in how you play in the postseason when everything is on the line and the competition ramps up. Stafford checks every box there. Burrow would be my 2nd pick here. 

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

If Watson doesn't have legal issues, I think this spot is between 6-7 guys. I'm going Stafford though. I wasn't a believer before the year but he did everything you can possibly ask want in a starting QB. Always on fire in the 4th quarter, didn't need everything perfect around him, and was good in the postseason. With QBs, I put a lot of stock in how you play in the postseason when everything is on the line and the competition ramps up. Stafford checks every box there. Burrow would be my 2nd pick here. 

Stafford threw 17 picks through the regular season. The reason Rams fans think he is so great is because he is a massive, massive upgrade over Jared Goff, who was nothing more than a Bottom 7-8 QB propped up by Sean McVay’s great scheme. 

Looking at skillsets, performances, and any way you want to measure, and Wilson, Burrow, Herbert are definitely better QB’s than Stafford. And hypothetically also win the Super Bowl with that same team, and in even more convincing fashion. Rams likely win it with any Top 10 QB. They had the most complete roster in the NFL by going “All In” and a Top 3-4 Head Coach. 

I’d also personally put Dak and Watson above him too. Watson before the off the field stuff definitely is a better QB than Stafford. 

Winning the Super Bowl doesn’t automatically make you a better QB than other guys. 

7 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think we're past time for Russell Wilson here.

One injury and he becomes the most underrated player of possibly any sport on the internet. The recency bias is strong on this forum. Wilson is a monster and tremendous QB. 

This is tough.

If my life is on the line I probably pick Wilson. Watson should probably be viewed as the conventional best but there are obvious drawbacks. Herbert and Burrow are up there and with the "heading into 2022" element that benefits them both.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

This is tough.

If my life is on the line I probably pick Wilson. Watson should probably be viewed as the conventional best but there are obvious drawbacks. Herbert and Burrow are up there and with the "heading into 2022" element that benefits them both.

Heading into 2022 doesn’t really have much context. It’s just who you think is the best QB, right now and here on this day.