Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think the compensatory formula impact ends today at 4:00?  I couldn't find the exact date but I know it was the Monday after the draft last year.  I think we may see some signings this week. 

I assume Trai puts pen to paper after 4. 

14 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Not sure what to make of this signing. 

On one hand, he did play for Carolina. On the other hand, he never played for Coach Rivera in Carolina. So I think it could go either way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Not sure what to make of this signing. 

On one hand, he did play for Carolina. On the other hand, he never played for Coach Rivera in Carolina. So I think it could go either way. 

HUH ? I thought he just graduated Wisconsin. He was a walkon. Nope, I did bad research . It is the same guy but he has been around the block. Kinda hard to figure this signing as you said . . 

Edited by RSkinGM

In seriousness, Erickson is a slot receiver/return man, so you know he’s been on my radar. 

He’s a better returner than receiver. Comparing him to the guys we had last year, worse receiver than Humphries but better returner. Probably similar receiver to Carter, worse returner in my book. 

He’s kind of upright and stiff as a receiver, which is a little surprising. Based on his Pro Day numbers from years ago, you’d expect him to be pretty loose to have put up those very quality agility numbers — and you typically would figure the same for a guy who has been successful as a return man. He seems to have strong hands and attacks the ball, which is a nice trait. As a return man, he’s got a real knack for finding creases and seeing things before they develop. Some guys have that, and he’s one of them. I won’t be shocked if he ends up making the team over Dax Milne — similar players as receivers, probably, but Erickson offers the added value as a return man. 

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

In seriousness, Erickson is a slot receiver/return man, so you know he’s been on my radar. 

He’s a better returner than receiver. Comparing him to the guys we had last year, worse receiver than Humphries but better returner. Probably similar receiver to Carter, worse returner in my book. 

He’s kind of upright and stiff as a receiver, which is a little surprising. Based on his Pro Day numbers from years ago, you’d expect him to be pretty loose to have put up those very quality agility numbers — and you typically would figure the same for a guy who has been successful as a return man. He seems to have strong hands and attacks the ball, which is a nice trait. As a return man, he’s got a real knack for finding creases and seeing things before they develop. Some guys have that, and he’s one of them. I won’t be shocked if he ends up making the team over Dax Milne — similar players as receivers, probably, but Erickson offers the added value as a return man. 

I was thinking the same thing that he and Dax are similar. I like Dax and feel he really hasn’t had a chance to show what he can do and hope he’ll get to show his talent. I guess better man wins.