Free Agency- Possible Targets

ARTMONK HOF

45 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Think RR will be interested if JB is released. 😀

I would do it because Jackson kinda sucks.

This at least gives us 2 corners who know how to cover in Fuller & Bradbury.

I doubt we do it because of the salary, though. But one can hope.

It would be a good signing I believe.

They need a CB who can play in the slot, unless the plan is really for Danny Johnson to hold down that role. He was mostly solid at it — but again, I guess I get back to the question of whether we’re trying to win or trying to save money and go young. 

They let Bryce Callahan come off the board, after the same with Tavon Young. Seems almost like they’re so preoccupied with the “B.N.” word that they’re letting the actual nickel CB spot go unaddressed.

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

They need a CB who can play in the slot, unless the plan is really for Danny Johnson to hold down that role. He was mostly solid at it — but again, I guess I get back to the question of whether we’re trying to win or trying to save money and go young. 

They let Bryce Callahan come off the board, after the same with Tavon Young. Seems almost like they’re so preoccupied with the “B.N.” word that they’re letting the actual nickel CB spot go unaddressed.

To me this was the biggest need the team had entering the off-season and they’ve done nothing about it.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

To me this was the biggest need the team had entering the off-season and they’ve done nothing about it.

Part of me wonders if the plan all along is WJ3 and St Juste outside and Fuller inside

19 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

He was a rookie . Cut him some slack. Sounds like he's working at his game . He seems to have agreat attitde . Read this .

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/3/23/22992446/benjamin-st-juste-on-the-mental-side-of-being-a-cornerback-kendall-fullers-influence-and-more

Says the guy who made a thread 6 weeks into Chase Young’s rookie year calling him a bust…

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Says the guy who made a thread 6 weeks into Chase Young’s rookie year calling him a bust…

I still think the Generational Talent will be a bust -based on the lofty Great Expectations. St Juste was a third rounder. Hard to discuss them in the same way.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

I still think the Generational Talent will be a bust -based on the lofty Great Expectations. St Juste was a third rounder. Hard to discuss them in the same way.

What I'm saying is we all do it. I've totally written off Jamin Davis at this point but at the end of the day all of these young guys need time.

I still think its preposterous that we havent addressed the MLB position. Our biggest need on defense as we only had Mayo in that spot. Bringing in nobody and saying, well we can slide Holcomb is incredibly dumb. You again are trying to force a player into a position that isnt natural for them. Then you have to fill that OLB position. 

Gotta do better in the middle. 

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still think its preposterous that we havent addressed the MLB position. Our biggest need on defense as we only had Mayo in that spot. Bringing in nobody and saying, well we can slide Holcomb is incredibly dumb. You again are trying to force a player into a position that isnt natural for them. Then you have to fill that OLB position. 

Gotta do better in the middle. 

They don't have to fill the OLB spot, they are swapping Holcomb and Davis

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They don't have to fill the OLB spot, they are swapping Holcomb and Davis

Who is the other OLB? Hudson? Mayo? Clearly not adding someone to this LB room was a mistake. 

Also, taking someone who isnt a natural Middle Linebacker and swapping them with someone who isnt a natural Middle Linebacker seems like the typical thing we would do.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Who is the other OLB? Hudson? Mayo? Clearly not adding someone to this LB room was a mistake. 

Also, taking someone who isnt a natural Middle Linebacker and swapping them with someone who isnt a natural Middle Linebacker seems like the typical thing we would do.

The 3rd linebacker spot barely plays. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The 3rd linebacker spot barely plays. 

Except when they are needed we have nobody there. This justification doesn't fly with me. Our "base" is a 4-3. You need 3 linebackers of starting caliber. Currently we have 2 (maybe just 1). 

Having a MLB (who sets the tone and is a leader) is more important than two OLBs playing inside IMO.