Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Anyone else finding it strange that we haven’t seen any cap moves from the Packers lately?

Not really, probably lots of work going on behind the scenes.  More annoyed that the actual Rodger's contract hasn't been announced (or signed?).  Maybe they need to know all the other numbers before officially putting in stone the Rodger's numbers?  Anyway, it's all kind of bothersome to us non-patient sorts, but doesn't really mean anything, we'll know by the end of the month for sure and probably by the end of the week.  

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

🙄

I'll leave this here....

"Arizona Cardinals rookie quarterback Josh Rosen has a connection with Aaron Rodgers. They share an agency, and the two have made a connection that began before the draft. The Green Bay Packers quarterback is somewhat of a mentor to Rosen. Rodgers is impressed with Rosen as a young man."

Love that you brought this up.  I always thought Rosen would have been a perfect understudy to Aaron.  Think that ship has sailed unfortunately.  Rosen never had a chance if he'd have come to Green Bay it might  have been a different story.  Guy does throw a pretty ball.  He got thrown to the wolves and busted hard.  Packers could have poached him if they had wanted.  Dunno no cost  from SF practice squad. I would have brought him in nothing to lose by taking a look see.  We'll never know.  

I don't think Rodgers is going to be in the film room next to Gute breaking down the 2023 QB class. Heck he might be in there but the Packers aren't going to overrule themselves for someone Rodgers likes more than them. I just can say with a level of confidence that when the Packers and Rodgers map out their respective futures, they'll be on the same page about drafting his successor this next time around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

No that is why it's highly unlikely.  Just talking in the hypotheticals here Leader. 

Okay. Until we find out the terms/structure of AR's contract and the FO trades him, Love's the heir apparent.
Again - I think Clement being brought back is the FO wanting his eyes and input on Love - moreso than backyard BBQ's and beers with AR & the boys.

14 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Love that you brought this up.  I always thought Rosen would have been a perfect understudy to Aaron.  Think that ship has sailed unfortunately.  Rosen never had a chance if he'd have come to Green Bay it might  have been a different story.  Guy does throw a pretty ball.  He got thrown to the wolves and busted hard.  Packers could have poached him if they had wanted.  Dunno no cost  from SF practice squad. I would have brought him in nothing to lose by taking a look see.  We'll never know.  

Josh Rosen is ******* terrible. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I don't think Rodgers is going to be in the film room next to Gute breaking down the 2023 QB class. Heck he might be in there but the Packers aren't going to overrule themselves for someone Rodgers likes more than them. I just can say with a level of confidence that when the Packers and Rodgers map out their respective futures, they'll be on the same page about drafting his successor this next time around.

Btw....who's that in your Avatar?

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay. Until we find out the terms/structure of AR's contract and the FO trades him, Love's the heir apparent.
Again - I think Clement being brought back is the FO wanting his eyes and input on Love - moreso than backyard BBQ's and beers with AR & the boys.

I would tend to agree.  Love hasn't made much progress bringing  in a guy like Clements could turn him around.  All that being said the Packers are all in on Aaron and if they get a premium pick for Love he's gone.  

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Josh Rosen is ******* terrible. 

What so often happens with promising prospects.  They get drafted by the worst teams in the league and get thrown into the fire right away.  Confidence gets shattered and they bust out.  Most never recover.  Like the Packers approach draft and develop at least give the guy a legitimate chance to succeed.  Rosen never had a chance IMO.  Doesn't really matter he's a bust and there is little chance to resurrect his career at this point.  Looks like Darnold is following the same path. 

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably already have things lined out, but not executed until they have to as far as trades and/or cuts go.  Right now, I think the only moving parts are potential extensions.

Can they make trades this week that become effective on first day of league year and would help us become cap compliant?

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

What so often happens with promising prospects.  They get drafted by the worst teams in the league and get thrown into the fire right away.  Confidence gets shattered and they bust out.  Most never recover.  Like the Packers approach draft and develop at least give the guy a legitimate chance to succeed.  Rosen never had a chance IMO.  Doesn't really matter he's a bust and there is little chance to resurrect his career at this point.  Looks like Darnold is following the same path. 

Kyler Murray seemed to be making it work a lot better than Rosen