Circle of Jerks Mock Draft [Eagles 15) Jermaine Johnson]

Danger

Picks  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which EDGE player will the Eagles take? (We'll call this #15)

• David Ojabo, Michigan
    • Jermaine Johnson, Florida State
    • George Karlaftis, Purdue

15 - David Ojabo

16 - (first choice) Jermaine Johnson 

16 - (second choice) Trent McDuffie

I feel like if Johnson and Ojabo both fall to us we have to seriously think about doubling up. 

We could put Ojabo in that Avery role as the stand up guy that is more in for designated pass rush his first year until he gets better versus the run and Johnson can take Barnett’s spot.

We did just pay Josh Sweat, but it’s not like it’s a ton of money and these guys would be on rookie contracts for 4 years and then have the 5th year option, so it’s not like you have to really start paying them until 2026 which would be for their 5th year options. Sweat will be a FA in 2025 which would be the last real year of their rookie deals, so it works out pretty well. I’m not too sure if the Eagles are gonna wanna pay Sweat a big contract when he’s next up with his knee and the contract probably going into his 30s, so it works out pretty well.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Probably should've just done two separate threads. We're limited to three questions per thread poll. So, we all know one of the picks was going to be an EDGE. but like if I did first choice, second choice, third choice with EDGEs included, I strongly believe that we'd have wound up with two EDGE players, and while I think some of us would be ok with that. I really don't think it's realistic or what any of us would have been really intending to do. 

I see. I’ve only done polls like once or twice and only did them with one poll, so I didn’t know that.

As far as doubling up on EDGE considering how Howie ended his combine presser about addressing pass  it wouldn’t surprise me at all for us to do that, especially if we just sat where we are and they fell right into our lap. Now if we kinda address DE in FA, then it’s off the table, but I can’t predict that.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I see. I’ve only done polls like once or twice and only did them with one poll, so I didn’t know that.

As far as doubling up on EDGE considering how Howie ended his combine presser about addressing pass  it wouldn’t surprise me at all for us to do that, especially if we just sat where we are and they fell right into our lap. Now if we kinda address DE in FA, then it’s off the table, but I can’t predict that.

Would you have voted to take 2 edges?

25 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I thought Linderbaum was t-rexing it at the combine?

He did. Yeah. He had 31 and 1/8th inch arms. Kelce’s were over an inch longer at 32.5”.

I don’t blame people here for voting Linderbaum cause he’s a great prospect and they might not know of some of the options beyond him. Eagles fans have almost been conditioned to expect Linderbaum cause of mainstream media during this draft process.

We’ll have chances with guys like Dylan Parham, Cole Strange and Cam Jurgens to target in the 3rd or 4th most likely. Jurgens is probably center only like Linderbaum. Consider him the developmental Linderbaum. He has some Kelce in him. Parham and Strange would be guard converts to center, so more optionality there. Parham played tackle a good bit in college and did pretty well there too, so he’s kinda like rookie Seumalo with the ability to play any position on the OL. Not that I want him at tackle just like Seumalo.

Edit: I go on Twitter for 5 minutes and find another possible center option later for us.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Danger said:
1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I don't think he's a viable option at 16 but I do think he is at 19 - I have him pegged in the 20-25 range and this has nothing to do with the college he went to. I think he and McDuffie are very close in the CB4 conversation. 

Hey that's fair. I have Brisker in the 25-30 range. Which is still top 32. I didn't vote for him.

I think putting the next best guy at one of the biggest holes on our team is fine. Some people do just go purely on need

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

15 - David Ojabo

16 - (first choice) Jermaine Johnson 

16 - (second choice) Trent McDuffie

I feel like if Johnson and Ojabo both fall to us we have to seriously think about doubling up. 

We could put Ojabo in that Avery role as the stand up guy that is more in for designated pass rush his first year until he gets better versus the run and Johnson can take Barnett’s spot.

We did just pay Josh Sweat, but it’s not like it’s a ton of money and these guys would be on rookie contracts for 4 years and then have the 5th year option, so it’s not like you have to really start paying them until 2026 which would be for their 5th year options. Sweat will be a FA in 2025 which would be the last real year of their rookie deals, so it works out pretty well. I’m not too sure if the Eagles are gonna wanna pay Sweat a big contract when he’s next up with his knee and the contract probably going into his 30s, so it works out pretty well.

With Sweat probably always needing to be on a snap count, BG leaving soon…it’s not insane to do. At least one of them should pop. If they both do we’re in a great spot.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

With Sweat probably always needing to be on a snap count, BG leaving soon…it’s not insane to do. At least one of them should pop. If they both do we’re in a great spot.

Agreed. I mean Sweat played his most snaps this past year and maybe they are a bit more comfortable with the knee now. I remember Sweat responding to a Twitter post saying his knee is fine, but yeah. I’m not sure when he is gonna be a FA in 2025 at 28 years old that they are gonna sign him to some big 4 or 5 year deal into his 30s.