2022 Post Combine Steelers Mock Draft

armsteeld

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

Replace Taylor-Britt in the third with another lineman and I'd be happy.

There are two Safeties in this class who have all-star potential and they are Cam Taylor-Britt and Nick Cross. Their speed, angles to the ball, range, coverage, and tackling ability is special. You're thinking IOL or OT?

25 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

There are two Safeties in this class who have all-star potential and they are Cam Taylor-Britt and Nick Cross. Their speed, angles to the ball, range, coverage, and tackling ability is special. You're thinking IOL or OT?

I like the kid from Michigan a lot. Daxton Hill, I think?

I like the draft. Zion looks pretty good, I'm kind of meh on him, though. I'm not sure he's a needle mover. I like Quay Walker, but I don't expect him to help much on defense his first year. 

It's a decent mock. Zion is a really good option depending on what happens in free agency. Kenyon Green is another good pick.

In the 2nd, I'd prefer Pitre over Walker, as I have seen mocks where Walker could be had in the 3rd.

As for later picks, I am not a fan of OT in the 7th round. It's not that he can't make the team, but he offers little or no help for STs, and that's where a 7th round pick offers the most value. Go with WR, CB, RB, or maybe LB there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Wouldnt complain, but dont love it.

Zion is nice.  Not big on Quay.   Dont know the 3rd rd guy much.

Also, youre missing our 6th rounder for Melvin Ingram.

Most sites don't give us a 6th round pick. It's nice to know that though.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:58 AM, cjfollett said:

It's a decent mock. Zion is a really good option depending on what happens in free agency. Kenyon Green is another good pick.

In the 2nd, I'd prefer Pitre over Walker, as I have seen mocks where Walker could be had in the 3rd.As for later picks, I am not a fan of OT in the 7th round. It's not that he can't make the team, but he offers little or no help for STs, and that's where a 7th round pick offers the most value. Go with WR, CB, RB, or maybe LB there.

Pitre is a hybrid. He's too similar to Norwood. Also, can he play as a true Safety? I haven't seen anything to convince me he can. Walker may go before Dean. He's being heavily courted by NFL teams. I honestly think that Bamidele Olaseni is way better than Trevor Penning who many say should go in the first round. The film don't lie.

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Most sites don't give us a 6th round pick. It's nice to know that though.

Hmm...its a pick we definitely have from the Ingram trade.

Only pick not confirmed yet is the one for Dupree.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 43M said:

Hmm...its a pick we definitely have from the Ingram trade.

Only pick not confirmed yet is the one for Dupree.

Was that the extra 3rd? If so we have to wait for comp picks to get released. IIRC, some are saying due to Haeg's playing time, it cancelled out the pick. I'm not sure though.

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Was that the extra 3rd? If so we have to wait for comp picks to get released. IIRC, some are saying due to Haeg's playing time, it cancelled out the pick. I'm not sure though.

Nah....Haeg likely cancelled out the pick we wouldve gotten for Feiler....which probably wouldve been a 5 or 6.

Then someone cancelled out the Hilton comp pick too.   I think Weatherspoon.  Not sure.

We dont have a 4th this year, and thats likely what we will get for Dupree.   It took him awhile to fully recover from the ACL, and his played under 400 snaps.   I am not sure what the criteria is exactly, but all projections have us getting a 4th for Bud.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Weatherspoon was a trade so it does not count vs comp

This apparently applies to Witherspoon...

"If a Club trades for a player who was a CFA during that League Year, whether the player was another Club’s CFA or the acquiring Club’s own CFA, the player will be considered a CFA gained by the acquiring Club and will be included in the Compensatory netting process."

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2022/1/27/22899797/looking-at-the-steelers-projected-2022-compensatory-picks-dupree-feiler-hilton-haeg-witherspoon

• Like 1