2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Glad we've got Willis & Johnson back, good depth

Wilson is meh. I guess it can't hurt to bring him into camp at least. Maybe he never fully recovered last season

Not sure if we'll re-sign any of our other FA's. 

I guess its just the draft and trading/cutting Jimmy at the right time 

Still want Justin Jackson at RB in FA. Think he'd be a good Mostert replacement

55 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Several of you sure love to hate on Baker. Not getting it unless you have bought into the Manziel crap some throw around. He came close to eliminating Mahomie and crew (at Arrowhead) from the Super Bowl, but he had to beat both the zebras and the Chief D. He is the best the Browns have had since Bernie Kosar. 

If I was a Browns fan, I would be ticked at throwing 5 picks, guaranteed $230 million for a QB who hasn't played in 2 years and may get suspended for another... Does the whole "bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush" not apply? I don't get it. 

Baker isn't very good and a lot of people don't seem to like him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is truly wild when you think about it lol. 

Whenever I need a laugh, I'll look back at Baker trying to call shots when he is as mediocre as it gets lol. The man was just picking the Colts as a team he wanted to get traded to without reaching out to them and seeing if there was mutual interest 😂.

Jimmy G for Baker + 2023 Second.

Let's them get out from under 19M cap hit this year and can cut Jimmy in july without issue. we buy a second round pick for 19M and at least Baker is a good back up unlike Darnold. 

Puts the finances in a crunch, but I'd do this for a second round pick. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Baker isn't very good and a lot of people don't seem to like him. 

Hmmm...very succinct and all opinion. And yes, I do recognize that I am biased and opinionated as well.

His rookie year was rocky at best and last year was a disaster in part due to injury. But there was a pretty good year in between there...

I just don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmy G for Baker + 2023 Second.

Let's them get out from under 19M cap hit this year and can cut Jimmy in july without issue. we buy a second round pick for 19M and at least Baker is a good back up unlike Darnold. 

Puts the finances in a crunch, but I'd do this for a second round pick. 

The fact you may have to give up a draft pick to trade the former #1 overall pick from four years ago is not ideal to say the least lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The fact you may have to give up a draft pick to trade the former #1 overall pick from four years ago is not ideal to say the least lol.

Part of it is just the crazy situation they find themselves in with the guarantee. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hmmm...very succinct and all opinion. And yes, I do recognize that I am biased and opinionated as well.

His rookie year was rocky at best and last year was a disaster in part due to injury. But there was a pretty good year in between there...

I just don't get it.

Like Forge said, he's an average QB at best and his teammates aren't the biggest fans of his. He was playing in a QB friendly system and still was mediocre. 

Just now, Forge said:

Part of it is just the crazy situation they find themselves in with the guarantee. 

But that guarantee for a starting QB shouldn't be a backbreaker. If he was the same type of player but was a favorite in the locker room? I don't think they would have much problem getting rid of him for some sort of decent compensation. 

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But that guarantee for a starting QB shouldn't be a backbreaker. If he was the same type of player but was a favorite in the locker room? I don't think they would have much problem getting rid of him for some sort of decent compensation. 

Its not a backbreaker for teams that are acquiring him. It's leverage for teams to use against the Browns because they are stuck with the money no matter what unless they trade him. So if you're a team that may have interest in Baker, why trade for him? If they cut him, you can sign him for peanuts (likely the vet minimum) because his salary is guaranteed and has offset language. 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who could have guessed this???? LOL, the one weakness we took advantage of over the past few years will no longer be possible once the Rams sign Wagner. 

Ehhhhhhh the Lambs lost a decent amount this off-season. Wagner and their other additions I don’t think offset that. Outside of Ramsey, their secondary blows and outside of Donald, their D-line blows. Their O-line is at best average, as is their running game. They got 2/3 good wr’s, but it doesn’t scare anyone. They aren’t as potent as they were last year and we beat them two outta three

Edited by P_locniners
  • Like 1