2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

All this future cap hell for a possible 4th round pick for Jimmy……i am not happy at all.

The restructures are not going to lead to cap hell. The salary cap projection for 4 years from now is between $275M-$300M. Jason can correct me if I'm wrong, but the restructures will result in ~$6M in voided dead cap in '25 for Armstead and ~$2M in voided dead cap for Kittle in '26. That is assuming both make it through their entire contracts. Either way, we are not doomed.

• Like 5

Just now, struby3 said:

The restructures are not going to lead to cap hell. The salary cap projection for 4 years from now is between $275M-$300M. Jason can correct me if I'm wrong, but the restructures will result in ~$6M in voided dead cap in '25 for Armstead and ~$2M in voided dead cap for Kittle in '26. That is assuming both make it through their entire contracts. Either way, we are not doomed.

Yeah, I don't remember who said it but going back to the Ford restructure. It won't hurt us in the long run because as struby stated, the cap is going up so it won't hurt....

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Yes the cap is going up….but these unnecessary moves go against it. They could have cut ties with Jimmy with same outcome. Total mishandling by our front office.

3 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Yes the cap is going up….but these unnecessary moves go against it. They could have cut ties with Jimmy with same outcome. Total mishandling by our front office.

We don't know that yet. I still think we get good return from Indy or Cleveland

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

The restructures were inevitable regardless of whether Jimmy was moved today. You are trying to create a narrative that doesn't exist.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

We don't know that yet. I still think we get good return from Indy or Cleveland

I think its going to be Cleveland once all this Watson stuff gets settle.

Will it be a good return? maybe not but at this rate, I'll take whatever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

I hope your right but this could drag out for awhile…..im one angry Canadian lol.

If we do end up cutting Jimmy, which I don't think is how this will end, it will be a little bit lame that we did this, but as @struby3 said, I don't think this is going to be damning long term. I fully expect George and Armstead to be here anyway. 

• Like 2