2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 hours ago, struby3 said:

The restructures are not going to lead to cap hell. The salary cap projection for 4 years from now is between $275M-$300M. Jason can correct me if I'm wrong, but the restructures will result in ~$6M in voided dead cap in '25 for Armstead and ~$2M in voided dead cap for Kittle in '26. That is assuming both make it through their entire contracts. Either way, we are not doomed.

Exactly. 

One thing that people need to understand about these restructures and the timing of the Jimmy trade is that the cap roll over will essentially pay for them.

They freed up 18m by restructuring kittle and AA. When we do trade Garoppolo, it will free up 25m. So, assuming we do not spend that 18 million on other players, it will roll over into next season, and the next season, etc etc to zero out the allocation of funds towards the cap. 

So, these restructures do nothing in my eyes to hamper our future team building ability, unless they spend all of that 18 million on players, at which point it will be to chase a ring, which I have no qualms with. 

This was just to give us the ability to hold Garoppolo for a few weeks. A trade 100% happens before the draft 

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well, no sh!t there is no buzz about Watson to Seattle, he literally turned them down as a destination and they are not meeting with him. Lol

• Like 2

Just now, N4L said:

Exactly. 

One thing that people need to understand about these restructures and the timing of the Jimmy trade is that the cap roll over will essentially pay for them.

They freed up 18m by restructuring kittle and AA. When we do trade Garoppolo, it will free up 25m. So, assuming we do not spend that 18 million on other players, it will roll over into next season, and the next season, etc etc to zero out the allocation of funds towards the cap. 

So, these restructures do nothing in my eyes to hamper our future team building ability, unless they spend all of that 18 million on players, at which point it will be to chase a ring, which I have no qualms with. 

This was just to give us the ability to hold Garoppolo for a few weeks. A trade 100% happens before the draft 

Well, no sh!t there is no buzz about Watson to Seattle, he literally turned them down as a destination and they are not meeting with him. Lol

I hate restructuring contracts, not a fan of it, as long as it not every year, then ok, as for Kittle & Armstead, Armstead will leave a bit over $6.1M in dead money in 2025 if not re-signed before his deal voids, as for Kittle, it'll be $2.083M in 2026, so by then the cap will have gotten to or near $300M.

If Tom Pelissero is right, and the cap will jump 20% each year, starting in 2023, the cap would be $249.84M, a $41.64M jump, I thought it would be $225M-$230M tops, but I remember after the new CBA was signed, & the new TV deals, Schefter said that GMs, & Players were happy to see it, and think 2023 is the year the cap explodes, so if it's true, we might be looking at a $250M or close it salary cap.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lance is going to be 75M dollar per year guy if he pans out lol 

This is what I've been thinking, Jason from OTC that is, that the cap won't explode in 2023, but like he said, it depends on the pandemic.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, this isn't going to stop until Watson gets traded...........

That is some clickbaity stuff right there considering this is the first tweet of that thread 

SMH the other tweets make it seem like we are pursuing when he says we aren't. 

• Like 3