2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Its crazy, just a month ago Brady had retired, Payton had stepped down, and it looked like Rodgers was leaving the NFC. 

Now Brady is back, Saints are leaders for Watson, Rodgers returned. All 3 become viable contenders next season

At least Wilson is gone & it looks like Murray regressed a bit so the NFCW shouldn't be as brutal. 

That's the one plus so far for us. Cardinals, Seahawks and Rams either have gotten worse or did not improve. The Rams lost an elite pass rusher, very good LT and obviously OBJ may not return and even if he does, who knows when he will be back...Though getting Woods back will cancel that out. They also lost Williams who is at least a solid #2. I fear they will be going hard after Hunter though. Need to make sure we beat them to the punch there. 

Saints are just stacked, nothing more needs to be said about them.

Packers are bringing back majority of their crew back, so they will be great again.

Likewise with the Bucs.

The Cowboys are one team I still have a few questions about. Not easy to replace Cooper/Gregory but they are pretty loaded across the board. Would not count them out. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#AllbrightWasRightAgain!!!!

Just pick NO already and get this done with!

Really makes you appreciate Jimmy's maturity back when we were looking at Brady, Stafford & then trading up for Lance. He kept it professional the entire time 

Still think Mayfield is out. There seems to be underlying tension from before. If Watson goes to the Saints, think he becomes an option for the Colts or Seahawks. Maybe a 2nd gets it done?

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

ok who paid Mike G to say that.... lol

Breer said similar. Seems like people are painting this picture as though it's more Baker's decision at this point than the Browns

The writing was on the wall with the Panthers, but just to put it out there. 

I'm curious if they turn their attention to Mariota as a guy that will compete with Darnold now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The writing was on the wall with the Panthers, but just to put it out there. 

I'm curious if they turn their attention to Mariota as a guy that will compete with Darnold now. 

I said it last night, but if Mariota was truly the Colts "guy," then why hasn't he signed there? Something is going on there or it was just a leak from the Colts so they had more leverage in trade talks. 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I said it last night, but if Mariota was truly the Colts "guy," then why hasn't he signed there? Something is going on there or it was just a leak from the Colts so they had more leverage in trade talks. 

I still don't understand why they would target Mariota before they would target Jameis. 

Winston is the guy that is being forgotten about through all of this. He's just kind of chilling out there and I'd 100% sign him over trading an asset for Jimmy or Baker, and I'd certainly sign him before signing Mariota. 

I'm assuming that he's keeping his market slow on purpose while waiting for the Saints / Watson to finalize. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I still don't understand why they would target Mariota before they would target Jameis. 

Winston is the guy that is being forgotten about through all of this. He's just kind of chilling out there and I'd 100% sign him over trading an asset for Jimmy or Baker, and I'd certainly sign him before signing Mariota. 

I'm assuming that he's keeping his market slow on purpose while waiting for the Saints / Watson to finalize. 

Something is off there, that's all I will say.

Winston has still not recovered from his ACL injury so I'm guessing that's the issue with him.