The Beard is Back! Kelce Returns for next season

Jroc04

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He can but something everyone always tends to ignore, we have finite resources, even in a year with 3 first round picks. You can't go and be foolish with the way you allocate them.

Doesn't have to be round 1. You can get a good RG in round 2. Sometimes round 3.
Sean Rhyan combine wasn't great. Could slide to our 2nd. That would be awesome. This Tyler Smith kid seems pretty good, but I'm still new to him.

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

How much do we save by trading him to Jax?

Really not much at all.

We take a 5.8 million dead cap hit for trading Seumalo and get a cap savings of 1.8 million.

Probably better served keeping him and letting him walk next year and then maybe getting back a 4th or 5th round comp pick.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's so weird how PFF and Eagles players think so much higher of Seumalo than our fanbase does.

He's still a good guard, especially in pass protection. Just need him to stay healthy.

But, yes we are gonna have to replace Seumalo, cause he's a FA next year.

I think it's pretty much just me that has wanted to move on from him. The rest of you seem to be ok with average. I've always felt that if you have a name like Mailata or Seumalo, you should be able to pancake people. Mailata gets it. Isaac prefers to be finesse.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

I think it's pretty much just me that has wanted to move on from him. The rest of you seem to be ok with average.

I think he's a little above average. Struggles with power sometimes, but so does Kelce.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just average, and his play always fell off if the guy to his left got injured.

That's fine. I'm not gonna knock you for that opinion, but any time you switch up who is at guard or tackle it affects the one who isn't missing, bc chemistry is so important on the OL.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

As for Seumalo, Kelce said that the Eagles lost “a very smart player,” and “a very detailed player.”

“Everybody has their personality and their traits that make them unique,” Kelce said. “You can tell this means a lot to him. He sacrifices and does his best to make other players better and to help other players out. No man is an island, you must draw your strength for others.

“He’s a guy that’s never really got the credit he’s been due for how good he truly is as a player, as a teammate. I felt like he was finally getting that this year.”

You could obviously do worse than Isaac. It's just that you could also do better. Noticeably better. Whole OL is a pancake factory besides Isaac. Even Kelce gets his on pulls. And then there's Isaac. Not hurting you, but not making those sweet pancakes either. He's making whole grain waffles instead.

Edited by Jeezla

9 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Seumalo is a good guard. Not sure if he will be as good on the right side, but he is a solid player. His only real issue has been his injury history, same with Driscoll unfortunately. 

I'm sure Stout will have that figured out quickly if not already. No reason to put Seumalo at RG if he's better at LG. Especially since it's clear Dickerson is versatile enough to play either side. 

Also is there a reason none of you view Dickerson as Kelce's potential long term replacement?

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/news/landon-dickersons-versatility-gives-eagles-options