WK 10 GDT: (5-3) Titans vs (3-5) Bengals

titansNvolsR#1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I was just saying in another thread... Watching this Texans game, I appreciate that Miami game a little more. We were at least IN that game (should have won). Texans are a shell of themselves without Watson.

Yeah I told everyone not to sleep on Watson. Was really upset when they traded up to get him. But without him their offense is trash and they lost JJ and Whitney and Cushing (I think) so that kills their defense as well so I'm not surprised by how bad they look. ALSO the Rams playing pretty well so Idk.. Think the Rams win that game even if Houston had Watson

And that Miami game better not come back to haunt us down the road or Im going to be upset LOL

But right now we are 6-3 about to play the #1 seed in the AFC in primetime. Hate that it's a short week but in the end WHO CARES! Biggest game in a long long time. I also think we are the type of team to get up for big games like this so I'm excited. No telling whats going to happen though. Thursday night games are so random lol

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:

ALSO. On the pick. Someone ran the wrong route or was in the wrong spot cause there was no reason for Decker and Davis to be that close together. Wonder who messed up cause I doubt the coaches drew it up that way...

I said the same thing. I'd bet it was Davis (just guessing).  One DB was able to guard two players.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I'm the end, most of the time it comes down to players just making plays. Coaches can certainly help, but there have been a few times where I've thought the coaches actively held us back.

Really, really hoping we finally get a complete team effort on Thursday.

I think one thing people don't understand with coaching is how few coaches actually exist that give their team an advantage.

Today we have Belichick, maybe Carroll..after that? Maybe Reid but he blows it in the playoffs. Maybe Zimmer and that's mostly bias cause I really love Zimmer and think he does an incredible job with defense, but he still hasn't won anything of note. Tomlin seems alright but they constantly play down to their opponent, probably the biggest legitament criticism we have for Mularkey as well. McCarthy has never done anything, even as an OC, without Rodgers.

Coaches like John Harbaugh have a superbowl ring, Whisenhunt was an inch away from potentially having one and that guy might honestly be the worst coach I've ever seen in my life.

The key in hiring a head coach, IMO, is finding a guy who the players like playing for and who doesn't make mind blowingly stupid decisions on gameday. Mularkey fits those two criteria. He's not a great head coach nor is he a bad one.

Which is the same situation every other franchise in the NFL short of New England and maybe Seattle are in. Reason I struggle to include Seattle is cause Carroll seems to refuse to get rid of Bevell and Cable which kills their offense.

There's guys like McVay and Pedersen(Pederson? whatever) who are doing well right now but I'd like to see sustained success before making comment(good or bad) on them.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I said the same thing. I'd bet it was Davis (just guessing).  One DB was able to guard two players.

Could've been either of them like you said. Marcus knew where Davis was going though so I feel like Decker was in the wrong spot or the depth of the route was off for one of them idk. It was weird though

7 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

That drop by Rishard, added on to his nonsense tweet last week, I hope a reporter brings that up somehow in his postgame.

wut?

I can't find any tweets in the last couple weeks from him that are "nonsense". Unless you mean the "receivers get the blame tweet", which was October 23rd, which Mularkey actually ended up agreeing with, saying he'd been far too harsh on them compared to other positions.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

wut?

I can't find any tweets in the last couple weeks from him that are "nonsense". Unless you mean the "receivers get the blame tweet", which was October 23rd, which Mularkey actually ended up agreeing with, saying he'd been far too harsh on them compared to other positions.

It was something he just shouldn't post, though. He comes off as a crybaby, and then goes on to drop a wide open touchdown that almost cost the Titans the game. Makes him look like an idiot, IMO.

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

No credit goes to Mularkey, no credit goes to Robiskie, no credit goes to LeBeau, no credit goes to the players.

All credit goes to @titansNvolsR#1

4 game winning streak because he keeps making the GDT.

We're not worthy.

I've waited my entire career as a human for this level of recognition of my greatness. Why have I waited for so long to start making the GDT?

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It was something he just shouldn't post, though. He comes off as a crybaby, and then goes on to drop a wide open touchdown that almost cost the Titans the game. Makes him look like an idiot, IMO.

He's been a consistently good receiver that has been incredibly reliable throughout his year and a half here. We're lucky to have him.

If one tweet that was almost immediately deleted makes you think he's a crybaby, I don't really know what to say.

1 minute ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I've waited my entire career as a human for this level of recognition of my greatness. Why have I waited for so long to start making the GDT?

Because winning four straight games would have been borderline impossible the last five years.

But really, thank you tNv. We all needed this.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He's been a consistently good receiver that has been incredibly reliable throughout his year and a half here. We're lucky to have him.

If one tweet that was almost immediately deleted makes you think he's a crybaby, I don't really know what to say.

It's not just one thing, he's also a crybaby for saying he would quit playing football if he was forced to stand for the anthem.

I like that the guy is a Titan because he's a good player, but he's a crybaby drama queen. All I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

It's not just one thing, he's also a crybaby for saying he would quit playing football if he was forced to stand for the anthem.

I like that the guy is a Titan because he's a good player, but he's a crybaby drama queen. All I'm saying.

Ah yes, I figured that's what it came back to. And we'll just leave it there.

Archived